Halo Wars Multiplayer Strategy Guide

Bluntman428

people self-destruct there base so that you dont get points for it you cant stop this people are not good at sharing:drunk

people quit because they suck:woop:

People quit because they have lost?

Although not directly related... Most higher-level chess players will resign a game when they see that their opponent has won.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things;

1) You forgot to mention the Brute Chopper under scout vehicles... Maybe Chieftain players will be disappointed they didn't get a ghost?

2) Under the Vulture section you put "fling" instead of "flying".

Otherwise very thorough and solid guide.

1) You forgot to mention the Brute Chopper under scout vehicles... Maybe Chieftain players will be disappointed they didn't get a ghost?

Naw, I didn't forget, I just haven't gotten to it yet. The leader units section is missing a few units that I haven't had time to get to yet.

2) Under the Vulture section you put "fling" instead of "flying".

Fixed, thank you for pointing that out.

Nice thread man, it is very much appreciated.

Feel kind of awkward doing this, but if anyone is looking for a skirmish partner to practice some of this with before hitting match making, hit me up. I'd really like to learn the ropes a bit before diving back into the wild.

Nice thread man, it is very much appreciated.

Feel kind of awkward doing this, but if anyone is looking for a skirmish partner to practice some of this with before hitting match making, hit me up. I'd really like to learn the ropes a bit before diving back into the wild.

add me ;)

my tactic is make all kind of armys (hunters/jackalls/hornets) fully upped

awsome guide, but i gotta disagree with you about vampires, mabye i just suck with anders idk, but when my 20 hawks are attacked by an army of vampires 10-15 hawks are paralyzed or whatever by the vampires and cant fight back. my other 5 cant destroy all the vampires before my trapped hawks explode even with a super cryo, and then my 5 get trapped and i swear at the screen before going back to base to build more:mad:

any suggestions?

again, any suggestions plz?

Bingo.

If you were scouting properly, you would've known your enemy was building air units, so you should have immediately switched to tanks and wolverines.

Hi, if they build hawks what kind of types i must build when im using the covenant? i build 20 anti air units (forgot the name) but they keep building units much faster.

Hi, if they build hawks what kind of types i must build when im using the covenant? i build 20 anti air units (forgot the name) but they keep building units much faster.

Sounds like you need another airbase, and probably more warehouses. Also don't forget to use your "Y" ability on the HAWKS.

The unit is called a Vampire btw.

Sounds like you need another airbase, and probably more warehouses. Also don't forget to use your "Y" ability on the HAWKS.

The unit is called a Vampire btw.

thx.. but i always get owned by 2 vs 2 because my team mates dont no how to counter there attacks..

i saw a german guy with 3 stars which rank is that? i think he boosted allot.. but didnt get a ban

thx.. but i always get owned by 2 vs 2 because my team mates dont no how to counter there attacks..

i saw a german guy with 3 stars which rank is that? i think he boosted allot.. but didnt get a ban

Yeah, I would suggest finding a friend to play with. Or you could just play 1v1.

But three stars is Colonel. Some people play to the level of addiction which makes it seem as if they boost, but then again the game has been out for a while.

Yeah, I would suggest finding a friend to play with. Or you could just play 1v1.

But three stars is Colonel. Some people play to the level of addiction which makes it seem as if they boost, but then again the game has been out for a while.

his name is snatcherinchen ( dont know his exact name but he's on te cod4 leaderbords)

Very good guide, but I wish you didnt explain in depth HOW to base rush at the start of the game, nothing is more irritating than Base Rushers.

I find the best counter to base rushers is simply to Quit. If those assholes want to just cream you in 2minutes then give them a rank up and keep playing with people who play the game properly.

Might be considered "Weak" but I'd rather spend my time in games with people who are GOOD players, not cheap players.

Very good guide, but I wish you didnt explain in depth HOW to base rush at the start of the game, nothing is more irritating than Base Rushers.

I find the best counter to base rushers is simply to Quit. If those assholes want to just cream you in 2minutes then give them a rank up and keep playing with people who play the game properly.

Might be considered "Weak" but I'd rather spend my time in games with people who are GOOD players, not cheap players.

Most base rushers are easy kills. The Prophet is a little lame right now, but after the update I'm sure a few flamethrower squads will show him what for.

Exactaly right whats the point of playing in a 3v3 when you see three Prophets and two minutes in they are attacking your base with reinforcements teleporting to them. i normally just quit

On a side note i find that who ever is attacked is done for so get hornets/banshees and attack their bases.

GOOD players know how to counter a rush.

GOOD players know how to counter a rush.

He makes a "GOOD" point. Oh and btw, the best way to deal with a rusher would be to play it, attempt to counter, and either:

a) Succeed and have learned how to deal with a rush.

b) Fail and learn what you need to improve on and what you shouldn't be doing.

EDIT:

I'd like to add that quitting when you have lost is not something that I will complain about. Quitting when you see a warthog with a machine gun is stupid, I'm pretty sure rushers won't mind a free up in their trueskill.

Edited by KillTheft Gator
Another point

Let them raise their true skill.

Just means I'll be less likely to verse them again.

I find it more fun to play a 30minute+ game against good players who give you a good challange. Fuck off the base rushers and give even matches against true RTS gamers.

You can counter rushers, but you cant counter people such as... 3 prophets. Even after the update you will have a great deal of trouble trying to counter them. I dont quit at the sign of a warthog gunner, but if i see 40 Warthogs with Gause rushing at my base 5 minutes in, thats when I fold my cards.