Achievement Guide and Roadmap

TealPavelski

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, you got EWJ Never Dies! Are you allowed to restart levels, or did you really manage to get through the entire game without a cheap death? If so, amazing job...
Level restart never occurred to me, so I can't confirm or deny it. I went through and did it in 1 shot, or 4 rather... fucked up once on the snot bungie level, and twice on buttville and restarted.

I knew what I was in for ahead of time when I saw the achievement list, so I dusted off my old genesis and was practicing a week in advance.

Umm... this guide is seriously off, IMO. 4/10 difficulty?? 2-3 hours to 200????? I want some of whatever you're smoking. :) "Earthworm Never Dies" is going to be brutally hard unless there's some cheap way to do it (like restarting levels if you die).

i totally agree. i got 130/200 in a few hours, my completion time is 5th in the world on the leaderboards with a time of 51 minutes, and beating the game on "original" in under 50 minutes will be brutal unless there are some sequence breaking steps i'm not aware of. beating the game without dying is easier, but that doesn't negate the fact that it is still very difficult.

so i'd say a 4/10 for 130/200 is accurate. as far as 200/200 goes, i think the fact that nobody has it yet can attest to it's level of difficulty...

do you have any tips for beating it under 50 minutes on original difficulty Hot Juicy Pie? i used to be able to beat it without dying as a kid so i'm sure i'll be able to get that, i just can't see how you can do it in under 50 minutes.

congrats!

Practice and shortcuts. I found a lot of videos on youtube on how to speed run the original game. The level layouts are pretty much mirrors and alot of the new enemies only appear in the bonus levels so you don't have to worry about anything unexpected.

thanks for the reply. i know i can cut a lot of time out on 'what the heck' alone i just have to learn how to. i'll definitely look into speed run videos on youtube. thanks!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3QsUjX0hs]YouTube- Earthworm Jim speed run: What the Heck[/ame]

What the heck was a fun speed run lol

I went ahead and changed the difficulty to a 6/10 and the hours to 6-8. I agree the game is harder and takes longer than I originally thought. The easier Achievements only take around 1-2 hours so that was what I was thinking about. I never really thought about how long it might take to get Earthworm Never Dies as well as how difficult it is.

Edited by TealPavelski

pretty sure thats why they tell u to have most or all of the achievements before you make a guide, so u can actually give tips on how to do achievements

Really? Well I had 8/12 Achievements so that is most of them. I'm sorry if my low difficulty rating offended you and made my guide so terrible!

Has anyone obtained "Groovy Leader" yet? I havn't played any multiplayer yet and I am wondering if you could give me some info so I can update the guide.
I just got it. I'll say to anyone going for it to make a check list so they know which ones they got left. Also, if your doing it legit like I did stay out in front the whole time and kill and collect everything you can. The power ups are good to get alot more points then everyone cause you can kill stuff they can't (i.e. Electric Toads, Muscle Cats), plus you can kill the bosses faster to get more points. I beat most of them with four players and 2 other ones I hosted a match and played against one guy. There might be a host advantage that makes you start out earlier then everyone or I was just quicker, I'm not sure.

-nice guide.

Edited by CypherDextrous