Grrrr!! Jung Soo strategy needed

LeiChat

I'm playing the Pro Circuit on default settings, with Jeurgen and I'm up to the semi-final of the last round, so one more match after this annoying Jung Soo.

I've got the ace serve down, but he still manages to return it quite often.

I really need some tips for his service though, I've tried all sorts of spins etc but he always seems to pull something amazing out of his bag of tricks.

I'd rather not go back to the beginning and use another character as it does let me "rematch", although will that still unlock the "Competitor" achievement ?

• 3 weeks later...

My advice is to try and pull off the Ace serve as much as possible, and also to do button combinations, such as X + A and X + B (top left spin, top right spin), usually if you can rotate those, you'll eventually get a point. There's no point in starting all over though if you're that close to the achievement.

lol, well Mark is a power hitter, so instead of hitting fast balls back at him, hit some slower ones with some spin (such as the Y + X or the Y + B combos). If you just can't seem to get it, try the very boring strategy of constantly hitting him backspins (Y button), and eventually he might mess up... heh.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back!!

I'm now working through All Star tournament on default settings (aside form the shot cam, which I'm hoping won't count)

I'm through to the third stage, second round and it's Jung again.

This time I can not do an ace serve! I've tried various distances from the table and various speed and spin combinations but no matter what I do he jumps round the table at the last moment and fires a return back that I don't stand a chance of getting back for.

Also, what's his weekness when he's serving? Most of the others you can use yellow backspin drop shots against. I can't find anything that bothers Jung in the slightest.

• 2 months later...

I gave up on default settings, thought I'd try and get the All Star with all characters instead, but even with a one game, 7 point, 5 serve points setup I still can't do it. I'm stuck at match 6 against Jeurgen this time. The ace serve is just not working and even if I get past him there's another 4 matches to play!!!

I'm amazed how anyone has pulled off those two achievements. Especially the default settings one.

• 1 year later...