How does this hold up today?

lLEGEND0F117

The game is fun and rewarding in my opinion, but it has a bit of an acquired taste. It starts off rather difficult, giving you both little instruction and little ability to handle a seemingly overwhelming amount of tasks, but the longer you play the better it becomes. The game emphasizes multiple playthroughs, a gameplay structure that might take some getting used to, but once you do then you can really start enjoying it.

If you're prepared to give it a fair shake then I definitely recommend it, but if you're liable to give up after a bit of frustration then you may want to pass. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Edited by Veedrock

It still holds it own with todays games. I've seen games released in the past year which are far worse than Dead Rising in terms of Graphics and Gameplay. As mentioned it does have a steep learning curve though and will take a while to grasp but if your willing to stick at it, it is a really fun game.

Of the 50+ games I've completed on the 360, Dead Rising is one of the few that I could never bring myself to sell. I still find the urge to play it from time to time. This game was more of a challenge than any of the sequels. The newer Dead Rising games were just too easy.

How many playthroughs are required for 1k? And how long will it take?

As the guide on this site says, "Estimated time for 1000: 30+ hours. Minimum playthroughs: 3-4 (4-5 recommended)". That's pretty accurate. I probably spent 40 or 50 hours but I was taking my time and enjoying everything. 7 Day Survivor alone takes 14 hours, and that's assuming you never take any breaks.

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Dead Rising when I first played it and I do to this day come back to it. It does have a steep learning curve as menationed above but when you get the hang of it it is great fun. What's not fun about running round putting Lego looking heads on zombies while dressed in womens clothes.

I just finished it a while ago, and while it is fun to screw around with, that's about it. With everyone saying how good it was, I went into it with high hopes, but was let down. While it is decent, it definitely shows it's age. The acquired taste is true, however, I never seemed to acquire that taste, I like the idea of the game, but the lack of anything other than just running around hacking at zombies leaves me wanting so much more.

• 3 weeks later...

Just started this today. First game in the series I've played too. First impressions are its extremely fun but I'm having a hard time. It's reassuring to know its gets easier. There is so much variety in gameplay styles in the older Xbox titles to what is being released these days.

Just started this today. First game in the series I've played too. First impressions are its extremely fun but I'm having a hard time. It's reassuring to know its gets easier. There is so much variety in gameplay styles in the older Xbox titles to what is being released these days.

If it's your first play through, I recomend going for the zombie genocide achievement as it unlocks the real mega blaster for your next play through. Really handy weapon to have.

If it's your first play through, I recomend going for the zombie genocide achievement as it unlocks the real mega blaster for your next play through. Really handy weapon to have.

Damnit Micheal you say that to EVERY new comer to this game.

:)

No go through the first playthrough any way you want. Going for ''kill 50,594'' zombies in a playthrough is boring the only way is getting in a car and running over 3,000 at a time then leave area go back to newly spawned car,rinse and repeat. Ugggh hated doing that achivement

But that Gun is amazing. :drunk

Game is amazing. One of my proudest 100%s for sure (See my signature. :p ) Amazing my first 360 game. Remeber reading on Wikipedia nonstop at school about the game before i bought it finally after I got my 360 for Christmas.

Damnit Micheal you say that to EVERY new comer to this game.

:)

No go through the first playthrough any way you want. Going for ''kill 50,594'' zombies in a playthrough is boring the only way is getting in a car and running over 3,000 at a time then leave area go back to newly spawned car,rinse and repeat. Ugggh hated doing that achivement

But that Gun is amazing. :drunk

Game is amazing. One of my proudest 100%s for sure (See my signature. :p ) Amazing my first 360 game. Remeber reading on Wikipedia nonstop at school about the game before i bought it finally after I got my 360 for Christmas.

Yea I admit going for that achievement is boring but it's good to get it out the way with first and you unlock the real mega blaster in the process.

Its fully up to them how they want to play through but the real mega blaster comes in handy.

I agree with Michael for the most part. Perhaps the most frustrating thing about Dead Rising is the difficulty of the psychopaths, which the Real Mega Buster alleviates. Still though, it doesn't hurt to play casually first then grind it out when you hit that point where you wanna make fights easier.

I agree with Michael for the most part. Perhaps the most frustrating thing about Dead Rising is the difficulty of the psychopaths, which the Real Mega Buster alleviates. Still though, it doesn't hurt to play casually first then grind it out when you hit that point where you wanna make fights easier.

The first time I ever played it through, I didn't even know about the real mega blaster. Got all the way through on casual with no mega blaster or even the Katana. I stayed in pardise plaza for hours going through ranks and restarting the game to make it easier. I know how hard it can be and I hate Adam the psychopath without the real mega blaster. I broken my first controller because of him.

• 2 weeks later...

But that just means you need to level up more. I remeber on DR2 I couldnt beat that Chef bymyself,but then at level 50 he was a breeze.

Gosh I love this game,still mess around in it at times. I wanna play a lil of Infinite mode just to screw around in,but wont even attempt to get past day 2 lol. Day 7 I was like FINALLY ;)

It holds up very well and for like 4$ at that price you will defnitly love this game.

@Buzz-I think Deadrising 2 was the best of the series,but I still need to play Off The Record to fully judge :)

Edited by Deadsea 1993