Elite Armor Drop Pattern

DeZmonD88

On my first HOH Run on Co-op Solo, I picked up my first red item, I've completed Campaign and am currently Level 31 Bio Engineer.

Head Piece

"Helm of the Righteous Conveyor"

Level 30

Armor - 119

Value - 76,500

Craft - 306,000

Stats:

Rifle Ballistic Range +4%

Hybrid Damage +8%

Spider Duration +17%

Total Armor +12%

State: 3000/3000

This was from the Obelisk in the secret timed room. This timed room is the one which has a starcase on the left and right side, on the left side is a small switch that opens a small door to the secret area on the right, dead center is one of those large stone/metal coffin things. Hope this helps. And incase it has any added value i cleared the room with 00:06 seconds left, i used Fenrir's Bite (Capped 10/10) and spammed Valkyrie's Blessing (Capped 5/5).

The only thing that concerns me is i read above that all Elite Armor is level 50, and that all Elite Armor is red, this is definitly Red and Definitly not Level 50.

Hope this helps your drop patterns somewhat.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lv 50 berserker, spent about 40 hours so far played time and all i have to show for it is my weapon which i had to buy at the shop. my loot drop chance is at 14%, but i guess ill jack it up to 15% and see what happens after 2 or 3 grendel runs

btw i do co-op solo and do all the wells/secret areas

Question to all you GRNDL farmers-

Are you guys starting HoH from the beginning or starting at 1-3 to get to GRNDL quicker? I ask because I've done quite a few runs starting from 1-1 and GRNDL usually drops 5-10 items. I tried once from 1-3 and he dropped bounty and 1 item. Didn't know if where you start had any effect on the drops. As a side note, he has yet to drop any red/elite items... :mad:

Back to an old subject. It does NOT matter if you say elite or epic. When people are asking for these items they are asking for the red ones, and if they are asking for orange but get a red instead, who are they to complain. You can say red=elite but the red charms are technically called epic rather than elite. It appears that the game designers didn't think that it mattered either.

Back to an old subject. It does NOT matter if you say elite or epic. When people are asking for these items they are asking for the red ones, and if they are asking for orange but get a red instead, who are they to complain. You can say red=elite but the red charms are technically called epic rather than elite. It appears that the game designers didn't think that it mattered either.

That or it's us that have mixed things up. Like I said, I was wondering why we call better quality weapons Elite, when Epic sounds more powerful/valuable/rare. Yes I am aware that the achievement itself asks to complete the 7 Piece ELITE armor suit.

Also, if one asks for a red but gets an orange...

Again, even if the topic title has the word "Elite" on it, there may still be some under-informed who will say something about orange items. We have to remember, Elite isn't Epic and vice versa.

Edited by DHsBnDtNvrWs

Yeah, I was wondering why people where mixing this up. I never really payed attention to the description of the colors other than elite=red. There are plenty of items in the game that are referred to as epic. Both red and purple charms are epic. Apparently orange items are considered epic. When referring to the epic armor suits, I guess it was just a given those where the red, one of a kind, class specific suits as thats what the word epic would imply. And while I'm talking about the colors, why did they have to go with orange and red. Yellow and red, red and black, anything would have been easier. No matter what I do to my tv, the only way I can immediately tell the difference is looking at the rune slots.

I'm pretty sure people need to shut the hell up about whether you call an item epic or elite, because its irelevent to this thread. kthx.

BACKKK ON TOPICCC... during grendel farming runs, do people skip optional arena stuff? I always do them all and still havent seen crap for gear off him, I'm gonna try and run or two without doing optional stuff and see how much stuff he drops and report back the quality. Might make grinding him a little faster if you can skip arenas without a doubt.

I'm pretty sure people need to shut the hell up about whether you call an item epic or elite, because its irelevent to this thread. kthx.

Name of the thread is Elite Armor Drop Pattern. Questions/confusion on what exactly elite (or epic) items are seem to be completely relevent to me.

Anyway, just did two runs of HoH without doing any secret areas/wells other than the one with the water and nidhogg. My first run I died twice and GRNDL dropped 4 or 5 oranges. The second one I didn't die at all and he dropped 1 blue, 1 purple and 2 oranges. Could be safe to say dying has no effect on whether he drops reds or not.

I'm trying to see if there's a pattern to how epic armor drops, so please post your drops in this format. Level 50 epic armor pieces that are part of the 7 piece set only please. Also list them in the order you got them.

Item dropped - Mode played - [Levels played] - Enemy or obelisk that dropped the item - Auto Salvage setting - Part of the Epic set equipped

Class: Cybernetic Champion

Loot Drop Chance: 15%

Helm - Mission Select - [1-1 to 1-3] - GRNDL-1 - Purple - Sword

Boots - Co-op solo - [1-1 to 1-3] - GRNDL-1 - Blue - Sword, Helm

Greaves - Co-op solo - [1-1 to 1-3] - GRNDL-1 - Blue - Sword, Helm, Boots

Chest - Mission Select - [1-1 to 1-3] - GRNDL-1 -Purple - None

I've seen alot of people mention that they get their Helm and boots off GRNDL in co-op solo and shoulder pads off leaders etc. I also noticed that alot of people get their helms first.

I'm curious to see if there actually is a pattern and whether some bosses/obelisks/leaders have a higher chance of dropping a certain item or whether all of this is just a coincidence.

I don't quite understand this. What does GRNDL-1 mean? And for the co-op or mission select thing mean you do it in that area? What about [1-1 to 1-3]? Does that mean that it can be done from level one to three or what?

Thanks

I don't quite understand this. What does GRNDL-1 mean? And for the co-op or mission select thing mean you do it in that area? What about [1-1 to 1-3]? Does that mean that it can be done from level one to three or what?

Thanks

GRNDL-1 is the last boss of the Hall of Heres level.

And for the co-op or mission select thing mean you do it in that area? What about [1-1 to 1-3]? Does that mean that it can be done from level one to three or what?

Thanks

The first number denotes the level number, the second is for the part of that level.

So for example 1 - 1 is the beginning of level 1, 4 - 5 is the last part of level 4.

Has anyone gotten their drop from playing through the campaign again?

Does it matter if my loot drop runes are in my weapons or in my armor? Or what about the difference between killing them with melee or ballistics. I've played through the entire game several times since reaching LV50 but I have not found even 1 single ELITE (since everyone cares so much) armor piece. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I feel like we must be overthinking this or something. This achievement is only worth 5 points. Can it really be THIS HARD?

Edited by earich

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, so bare with me. I've done a lot of testing and to my frustration, I have yet to see any pieces of my elite set drop. I wrote it all down but I doubt it matters because at this point I'm convinced its almost completely random. The few facts I'm almost sure of are..

1: Death or time it takes you has no effect on what loot bosses/leaders drop.

2: Skipping chests and/or secret areas (like arenas) has no effect on what loot you get.

3: Every "leader" has a small chance of dropping your set pieces or red runes, bosses have a much higher chance. I'm assuming its a small percentage like 5%, give or take. Maybe even 10, I can imagine much higher though.

4: You must start a level from start to finish if you plan on boss grinding for your loot.

5: Being level 50 is a requirement obviously and I'd say a capped bonus loot drop chance is essential as well. Though I never tested that, I'd rather not waste my time trying.

Edited by fonzycore

Now this might just be me, but I pre-ordered the game and got the armor.

Not exactly knowing how the armor would be acquired in-game...(buying etc)...I created a character without the code, and to lazy to start another character after I entered the code, got that one up to lvl 50. Now after making a few more characters (with the bonus pre-starting armor) I saw that these were getting tons more rare drops than the un-bonus'd charcter. This may have been total luck but it seemed very consistant.

Does it matter if my loot drop runes are in my weapons or in my armor? Or what about the difference between killing them with melee or ballistics. I've played through the entire game several times since reaching LV50 but I have not found even 1 single ELITE (since everyone cares so much) armor piece. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I feel like we must be overthinking this or something. This achievement is only worth 5 points. Can it really be THIS HARD?

I'm in the same boat. 55 hours and not one gd drop.

Now this might just be me, but I pre-ordered the game and got the armor.

Not exactly knowing how the armor would be acquired in-game...(buying etc)...I created a character without the code, and to lazy to start another character after I entered the code, got that one up to lvl 50. Now after making a few more characters (with the bonus pre-starting armor) I saw that these were getting tons more rare drops than the un-bonus'd charcter. This may have been total luck but it seemed very consistant.

All my characters are pre-ordered - i've found 4 epic charms and 2 epic ruins, but i've got 15 mil in the bank and 55 damn hours on my main, not to mention the other 20 from other chars. This game is bs.