Cold Stream achievements

Carlo Monte

Actually games can have 2000G, Gears of War 3 is the most notable to do it.

Either way the achievements would likely be related to Cold Stream simply because the achievements for L4D1 maps have been done.

Didn't believe you so i had to look into that.. & you're right.

Wow, that's crazy.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While a game can have 2,000 gs, dlc's can only be (at most) 250 gs. So, if Valve want to really stretch out the lifespan of a game that's almost 3 years old, it would have to release another dlc next quarter in order to reach that magic 2000.

Wouldn't be possible, unless you meant next quarter....4 years from now. ;)

i'm guessing the cheevs will be the "usual",

complete Cold Stream, complete it on Expert etc.

And of course some easy one like:

Play with four people and kill a tank, a witch, a boomer in a row while downed without getting help from the other survivors.

*shakes fist*

No new achievements? took me 6 months to get the mutations, kept glitching on me.. and so i kept it around just in case this dlc would top the game off at 1750gs.

I think i'm good now. hopefully Counter Strike is worth something..

I hope that half-life 3 comes soon....

Its not the end of the world if there's no new achievements. Its still a good game. And to the people who complain about buying it when they could have got it free on pc... well you are the idiot who pushed the confirm button to buy it... just saying...

People complain when DLC HAS achievements...and complain when they don't. Why can't it just NOT have achievements? Its fun, and basically gives you everything from part1, for 560 points. >___>

Achievement are nice, but if your willing to shell out money JUST for achievements then I don't know what to say. I just don't understand, a game can be fun without achievements.

Edited by Schism

People complain when DLC HAS achievements...and complain when they don't. Why can't it just NOT have achievements? Its fun, and basically gives you everything from part1, for 560 points. >___>

Achievement are nice, but if your willing to shell out money JUST for achievements then I don't know what to say. I just don't understand, a game can be fun without achievements.

I understand what you're saying. And I agree with you to certain degree. I just want to point out that you're posting on a website devoted to achievements. So it isn't really a surprise that most of the users are angry about there not being new ones in a DLC of this size and price.

As far as the value of the DLC goes, $7 for all of the L4D1 maps is a great price...if you never played the first game. Most of us have. Extensively. So it isn't really anything special to play them with a few tweaks and new weapons.

Again, I just wanted to point out that I'm not upset about this either way. I'm just saying that I fully understand why this is an issue for people. As to an earlier comment you made about people being angry when DLC adds new achievements. Can you name an example of this? I've never seen people get upset at the prospect of earning new achievements through DLC. Unless they are incredibly difficult and will mess up their completion of the game. That or if they are bundled in an overpriced map pack like the Call of Duty add ons. Other than those I can't think of any others. :confused:

I've played both games to death but have a pal who I co-op a lot with and he never had L4D1, playing with him is going to be loads of fun and also I have friends who still need lots of the basic achievements. I expect there are places in the L4D1 maps which make a few of them easier.