Word of Warning About Co-op Gameplay

The second player will not receive any achievements at all while playing.

Not even achievements that can be obtained playing normally.

I just beat the game as Rorsach on the second controller and did not get any achievement for beating the game in co-op mode.

Also didn't get the achievement for blocking 25 attacks though first player did.

P.S. - If you play coop you will not get the achievements for playing as nite owl or Rorsach these can only be obtainable in SP.

The second player will not receive any achievements at all while playing.

Not even achievements that can be obtained playing normally.

I just beat the game as Rorsach on the second controller and did not get any achievement for beating the game in co-op mode.

Also didn't get the achievement for blocking 25 attacks though first player did.

P.S. - If you play coop you will not get the achievements for playing as nite owl or Rorsach these can only be obtainable in SP.

Another good reason not to spend $20.

Hmm my gf said this looked fun while she was watching me play the trial, so I was considering buying it, but that makes it sound a bit annoying - I know it'll piss her off not getting any achievements! And it's made worse when you consider the 1600MSP price tag. Why do developers do this for so many local co-op games? (LEGO games, Dynasty Warriors, EDF to name a few...) :(

Might have to think about this one for a bit before committing to buy...

;1688221']Hmm my gf said this looked fun while she was watching me play the trial, so I was considering buying it, but that makes it sound a bit annoying - I know it'll piss her off not getting any achievements! And it's made worse when you consider the 1600MSP price tag. Why do developers do this for so many local co-op games? (LEGO games, Dynasty Warriors, EDF to name a few...) :(

Might have to think about this one for a bit before committing to buy...

You can trick the LEGO games I've found out... but... seriously? Dynasty Warriors? (What about Samurai?) Even Earth Defense Force? God damn... that's REALLY annoying. :-/

You can trick the LEGO games I've found out... but... seriously? Dynasty Warriors? (What about Samurai?) Even Earth Defense Force? God damn... that's REALLY annoying. :-/

Yeah there is a way around it in LEGO Indy and Star Wars, but it doesn't work in Batman... :(

There is also a sneaky workaround in EDF too, but as for Dynasty Warriors - there is nothing you can do.

And I've only played DW5 Empires on 360, but as I understand it, ALL of the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games have this problem! :(

;1690877']Yeah there is a way around it in LEGO Indy and Star Wars, but it doesn't work in Batman... :(

There is also a sneaky workaround in EDF too, but as for Dynasty Warriors - there is nothing you can do.

And I've only played DW5 Empires on 360, but as I understand it, ALL of the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games have this problem! :(

Only further reason for my girlfriend to be pissed off at being the second player. She's not concerned about achievements, but it still irks her.

Only further reason for my girlfriend to be pissed off at being the second player. She's not concerned about achievements, but it still irks her.

That's kinda the same for me.

She doesn't normally care about achievements, but if we're doing the same things and I'm getting them and she's not, it's just not cool really!

Developers seriously need to stop doing things like this - for me it does affect whether or not I drop the money on a game. It may not put me off totally in some cases, but it's definitely a factor I consider...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another game that freezes out the second player :( that really sucks. Getting tired of developers doing this.

I have mentioned it before, and I'll keep mentioning it till it happens:

Why can they not allow you to track the progress of games on two saves, one for each player, when playing local MP?

/Domantos

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I hate when games only make achievements available to the person signed into the first controller. did any one else find parts of this game nearly impossible without the help of a second player?

I had to keep reloading one of the chapters because the stupid AI wouldn't turn his wheel/pull his lever when he was supposed to. That's the only near impossible moment I ran into.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...