Hardest time trials and speedruns?

dakisbac

anyone got any tips on keeping a constant speed, ive been racing against top ranked ghosts ad they seem to be constantly jump coiling the whole tracks, but even still i cant seem to catch um with them. after 10-15 seconds theyre already out of site, am i missing something here???

Speedruns:

1. The Shard

2. Jacknife

3. Heat

Jacknife took me more time than The Shard though, but I feel like Ive gotten lucky in the server room. Died once, second time disarmed the machinegun-guy in one-go and shot all server and made it (well, I got shot during the heli jump :o But had 15 seconds left).

I got The boat (7) on my first try...thats actually the only speedrun (besides speedrun 0 and 1) that I got on first try, lol.

Timetrials dunno...I hated the atriums and stopped doing them when I got one star. Playground 3 took me hours to get two stars on (1:42:something)...ugh.

Glad to have this 1000, lots of respect for all who have 1250.

right now I have 85 stars.

the time trials I hate the most are...

Atrium 1

Atrium 2

Reflex (it's not that hard, but I always screw something up)

Playground 3 aisn't that tough but I can't find a way to gain 2-3 secs easily.

Shard 1 is quite easy but there is always something that I don't do the way I want and at the end i'm short of 1-2 secs.

the rest is not that tough as it may initially seem.

so far I haven't really tried both Actinos and I hope I manage to get 5 stars from them just to get the 90 stars cheevo.

bah, I'm doing Chapter 2 for the third day and there is always something that prevents me from beating the freaking 11 minutes ! I hate those three pipes while going for the hurt Jacknife. I always somehow miss the jump on the third pipe. this is sick.

what an awesome game spoiled by weak controls.

I'm somewhat frustrated right now ; ]

• 1 month later...

For speed runs for me 2 was without a doubt the hardest one. 7 and 9 were both challenging, but mainly because I tried to follow the youtube paths on both rather than go a different way that was slower but easier for me. On 7, for example, I found it easier to kill the guards in the first segment rather than try to run up to the rafters before they were able to take me out. True, speeding through that segment gets a better time, but I was not trying to set any records. Likewise, in 9 in the server room I found it easier to run around the staircase on the left and disarm the first guard, then use that gun to take out the next two guards on the platform, then grab the heavy machine gun from the middle guard and fry the servers. Again, this is slower than many of the youtube routes, but much easier for me.

I agree with the first post's listed 5 time trials. Atrium 1, in particular, is off the charts hard. I found Atrium 2 pretty easy and 3-starred it even though I only needed 2 stars on it by the time I got around to it.

I found the DLC time trials to be more difficult on average than those in the main game. In particular, Flow vexed me. I did eventually get 3 stars on it (offline, alas), but was never able to perform the incredible time-saving Dicey Launch maneuver with any regularity. In 2 hours I only managed to make that jump 3 times. I eventually gave up and went to the left, which is several seconds slower but something I could do much more often than 3 times every 2 hours. Man, that sucked.

Anyway, good luck to those still hacking at the time trials and speed runs. I can at least assure you from my experience that the joy of achievement is worth the frustration of failure. Phew.

• 2 months later...

My top 5 Time Trails were :

No 1. Actino Rise

No 2. Shard One

No 3. Atruim One

No 4. Atruim Two

No 5 Chroma

Top Speed runs were :

No 1: The Shard

No 2: Jack knife

Didnt struggle with the rest to much SO HAPPY to have 90 stars, Actino rise can BURN IN HELL hated that time trail only got 1 star on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Time Trials

1) Actino Rise - I can't even get one star on this bastard.

2) Atrium One - Two stars after spending several hours on it.

3) Shard One - Barely got two stars. I rarely pulled off the "two for one jump".

4) Playground Three - Could probably get this one with practice, but I don't need the third star on it.

I've gotten three stars on everything else I've tried. I won't bother improving on these as I only want the achievement.

Speedruns

1) Chapter 2 - Just too many spots to get hung up on.

2) Chapter 9 - Easy once you realize how much time you can spend taking out the guards in the server room. Only put it here due to a wierd glitch that kept happening to me at the very end.

Everything else wasn't too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought Mirror's Edge recently, and now the only achivements that are left are Time Trial/Speedrun-related (except Pro Runner, but I belive that I will get it quite easy now). If my math is correct, you'll to 3-star two courses and 2-star the rest to get the hardest Time Trial-achivement? If that's the case, which courses are the easiest to 3-star? xD I got three stars on Playground 1, but I tried for like, one hour on playground 2 and wasn't even near the 3-startime. Any other "easy" courses? :)

And yeah, the Speedruns... I've completed 0 and 1 at least but2 seems... annoying.

Office is THE easiest 3 star, mad easy (once you take the glass out beforehand). Also got this game recently to mop up the 1000G which took a few days. Spent hours going through the time trials 3 starring them all to realise you only need 50 stars. So after smashing my head against the wall I could just 1 and 2 star the rest fairly easily for the cheevs.

Deff recommend the time trials before the speedruns as there's a bunch of parts the same so you can use the same quick roots which a number of youtube video's take longer routes in these parts.

Last level speed run was a bit of a pain.

Office is THE easiest 3 star, mad easy (once you take the glass out beforehand). Also got this game recently to mop up the 1000G which took a few days. Spent hours going through the time trials 3 starring them all to realise you only need 50 stars. So after smashing my head against the wall I could just 1 and 2 star the rest fairly easily for the cheevs.

Deff recommend the time trials before the speedruns as there's a bunch of parts the same so you can use the same quick roots which a number of youtube video's take longer routes in these parts.

Last level speed run was a bit of a pain.

Haha! Must have been annoying. xD

I've 3-starred 4 courses now, so now I "only" have to 2-star the rest... Yay! But yeah, the last ones seems to be like a real pain...

Yeah, I realized the same thing a while ago... will defenitly need all training I can get to get past the speedrun of chapter 2...

• 11 months later...

I bought this game on demand a few years ago thought i would run through the last bit of achievements that i missed. I didn't have any real problems with the speed runs expect chapters 2 and 9. the others were a breeze. time trials on the other hand, i have only 59 stars. theres no way im going to get 90 stars in this.

Edited by Divine Infekt

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Speedruns: that would be chapt 2 for me, a lot of things can go wrong in 10-11 minutes. I thought chapt 9 would be tough, but it was actually a smooth ride as soon as I figured out what to do during the enemy encounters.

TTs: I'd recommend not giving up on the DLC ones, they're very well designed and mostly tough but fair (and yes, that includes Actino Rise, it's a fantastic track).

On the other hand, shard 1 is awful IMO, and atrium 1 + 2 are no fun.

• 6 months later...

Finished the game yesterday. The hardest time trials for me were:

- Playground 3

- Atrium 1

- Atrium 2

- Shard 1

- Actino

- Actino Rise

These were also the ones i chose to 2-star for the Superstar achievement.

The only speedrun i had a hard time with was 9, The Shard. Overall i found the speedruns to be pretty doable, definitely easier than the time trials. Sure, they are a lot longer, but they are also a lot less strict on time. For the most part you don't have to pull of any super fancy moves, you can just take a route you are comfortable with.

• 6 months later...

The hardest time I had with any of the speed runs was Chapter 2. I ran that one too many times, even tried following Upsilon and Skyzo's videos on YouTube, but every time ended up a few seconds short. I was so happy when i finally got it done, and since I has spent so much time on it and got so many skills down, the rest of the speed runs and even the DLC maps weren't as hard. Though I will say Actino and Actino Rise in the DLC were tough as nails.. and very unforgiving. Easily my most proud 100%, just for the sheer frustration involved in it.

• 4 months later...

If you do TT first the Speedruns seem a cakewalk after.

TT's:

Hardest to Easiest IMO:

1) Actino

2) Actino Rise

3) Shard 1

4) Atrium 1

5) New Eden (Unless you can nail the angled jump at the end then its easy)

I got 3 stars on everything except Actino (1) Actino Rise (2) Shard 1 (2) and Atrium 1 (2) All the others were very doable 3 stars, my problem when I started going for the 90 achievement was I started on Actino, and got sooo frustrated, once I gave in everything else got easier.

• 2 months later...

The Shard was an absolute nightmare for me; too many tricky jumps, and the final room was a massive pain to complete. However, it was very enjoyable. My second worst one would be The Boat, which made me feel like committing suicide over and over again until I finally completed it. My final speedrun that I hated was Jacknife, since I always got so far in it only to fall at the last hurdle.

• 7 months later...

Speedrun Jacknife is the worst. Wasted hours of my time and I still haven't finished this yet. There's nothing too hard to it but it's just too damn long, which means the game's inconsistent physics and unfair opponents will eventually drive you mad after a few tries.

I can't help but feel that the part where you escape out of the second storm drain is scripted. When i was practising before, I never got shot and went through it really quickly. Now that I am very much used to the whole course, those damn bastards seem to hit me more than 3 shots in the space of 10 seconds, killing me and taking 30 seconds off my time. Making me do this at least 2-3 times before I get through. Of course, I can never finish within the bloody time limit. I have learnt to just give up now and not bother with the sh!t that's being shoved in my face by this game.