Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, couple questions.

For the 100 Arcade wins, if you die on a level and restart from checkpoint do you lose all the arcade wins you got if you didn't save yet?

For the 4000 kills, I was playing with a buddy and am now continuing his game without him. He already got the 4000 kills before. Will I still get the achievement if I get an additional 4000 kills with the same game?

Thanks,

Dave

Hey guys, couple questions.

For the 100 Arcade wins, if you die on a level and restart from checkpoint do you lose all the arcade wins you got if you didn't save yet?

For the 4000 kills, I was playing with a buddy and am now continuing his game without him. He already got the 4000 kills before. Will I still get the achievement if I get an additional 4000 kills with the same game?

Thanks,

Dave

You died doing arcade? I think it should retain the number you had as long as you continue to play and save because it isn't like you reset your box or anything. For the 4000 kills, I think it should also keep count regardless of what file you are playing on as long as you save. I got the 4000 while I was getting all costumes unlocked, so if you don't have that achievement yet, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I hate to keep asking about the same thing, but 100 arcade wins is still giving me trouble. Here is what I keep doing:

I go to Sepulcher with both controllers active as arcade. I jump controller 2 over the edge. Then I kill 4-5 guys and finish the level. (Does it matter if player 2 is alive when I finish? I have tried both ways with no success). Next I go back through the same portal and redo the above steps. When I run out of guys to kill, I save and then reload my original save and start again.

The reason I know it isn't working is cause I have my 2nd controller signed into my other profile. I got the achievement for "finish 1 arcade level", but it won't give me anything else. I thought I would at least get the 3 arcade wins in a row.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Yeah, the achievements seem easy, they'd just take a lot of time (125+kills per character, +250 per dlc), plus beating the game twice, and all the arcade mode levels, and finally, gold-medaling all of the comic missions. Widow maker actually took me the longest so far, but I just did the skrull missions and threw everyone off, while at the same time, boosting comic scores and raising kills for each character (especially those you barely use, who would probably die were it not for the 1-2 throw).

The only other problem I can think of is 4-player co-op on LIVE, due to time/connection restrictions with your buddies. Just ask the Gears of War guys down the street how hard it is to organize 6 people for an hour, much less a couple (took me over 10 to beat singleplayer).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'd like to point out that the Ultimate team alliance achievement can be had using 4 controllers, and not beating the 25 levels, but by beating 25 arcade levels. i received it last night on the third level (valhalla). If you turn on the other three controlles at the end of each arcade level, you'll get the achievement right around the time you beat the loki for the last time.

the achievement list makes it seem like you have to beat 25 complete levels when in fact every level has at least 4 arcade levels in them.

i'd like to point out that the Ultimate team alliance achievement can be had using 4 controllers, and not beating the 25 levels, but by beating 25 arcade levels. i received it last night on the third level (valhalla). If you turn on the other three controlles at the end of each arcade level, you'll get the achievement right around the time you beat the loki for the last time.

the achievement list makes it seem like you have to beat 25 complete levels when in fact every level has at least 4 arcade levels in them.

This is still easier to do with 4 controllers and going back and forth through stark's lab.

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing the game and got a good ways in and then bought the hero packs. I had already spoke to jean grey and such and was told that those achievements would pop when I extracted the hero packs, what does that mean? or what do I have to do to get the one for talking to jean now, because she's the one I let die before.

I started playing the game and got a good ways in and then bought the hero packs. I had already spoke to jean grey and such and was told that those achievements would pop when I extracted the hero packs, what does that mean? or what do I have to do to get the one for talking to jean now, because she's the one I let die before.

The acheivement guide pretty much explains this achievement very well.

"Acquired when rescuing Jean Grey from the Pitfall arcade game in Arcade's level. This achievement will unlock as soon as you complete the Pitfall game. Cyclops must be in your party. You can add him in after fighting the clowns that climb out of the car right before the arcade game. After defeting them go back to the boardwalk and you can then enter the shield access point and change team.

You can not get this by talking to Jean in Dr. Strange's laboratory"

The achievements will not unlock unless you have Cyclops in your party after you finish the arcade game in Arcade's level. I am also pretty sure that you can only do this on the first play through and not by using check points especailly since there are none that you can go back to in Arcade's level.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, so I'm at the save right before Doom, but I can't beat him by myself, so I just need (ideally) 3 more people to coop with me and then we can all get the Hard mode achievement. If your interested post a reply or add me.

GT: BlobOfSalad1

Use the Silver Surfer and spam his beam attacks. You should be able to one-shot the dark fantastic four running around, kill them for health and energy. This fight really isn't that hard. In my party were Deadpool, Silver Surfer, Ms. Marvel, and Iron Man. Iron Man's Energy Reroute makes it cheap to use Silver Surfer's beams, Ms. Marvel's Prism, and Deadpool's Whirlwind. Iron Man should use his charged Plasma Disk and the rapid fire beam attacks.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a question about the custom achievements for the DLC heros/villains. I downloaded the Hero/Villian pack. But all of the customs are unlocked already. I dont know if this matters, but I had already started to play the game before I downloaded them. Does anyone know the cause of this?

I've had the same problem, i even deleted my save files, and the downloadable content, redownloaded the content and started a new game, still the costumes are unlocked. I haven't been able to find any info on the problem, if anyone knows please tell me, i might go out and pick the game back up again.

Guys, can this be done:

Play through arcade levels with another player via XBL, and two 'empty' controllers as guests under my profile, to get the Achievement for 25 levels?

You could, but why? Get three other players together in Stark's lab. They can be actual players or controllers that you just plug in and have no one holding or a mix. Go back and forth between the lab and the tower. This will unlock the 4-player 25 level achievement.