Skyrim FAQ and General Information, Please check here before creating a new thread.

BluWolve

Just wanted to let you know so you can update.

The conjuration skill only increases when you first cast a bound weapon spell, if you continue to use the bound weapon it then falls under the weapon category, eg casting a bound sword in combat will raise you conjuration skill, then using the sword on enemies will raise your one-handed skill.

Also soul trap only needs to sucessfully hit the enemy to raise the skill, you don't need to sucessfully trap the soul by killing them.

Friendly NPC's eg towns folk still count, allowing you to raise your skill by constantly casting Muffle or Invisibility while in a town or residence.

Just added it thanks, I knew the Guide wouldn't be 100% correct with everything, but I thought simple things like that should have been right. I haven't played as a mage yet so I hadn't really bothered to confirm myself.

Question: Has anyone found a use for the "Philter of the Phantom" potion?

Edited by BluWolve

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To scare the town folk into thinking you are a ghost! :eek:

It is not a 100% reliable source but here is a link to The Elder Scrolls wiki: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Wyndelius_Gatherian

Yeah cheers, I have done that quest but didn't know if I could use the potions for anything else but a laugh. I actually haven't tried using them in town before talking to someone but I accidently used one in a battle against 4 Dremora and they didn't seem to care that I looked all spectral and spooky.

Edited by BluWolve

Just added it thanks, I knew the Guide wouldn't be 100% correct with everything, but I thought simple things like that should have been right. I haven't played as a mage yet so I hadn't really bothered to confirm myself.

No worries, yeah so far i've only dabbled in basic spells but having 80+ in most thief/warrior skills, figured it was time to grind out the mage.

Have to admit, i'm not liking the 'valid target' restriction for spells, i miss the days of casting the alteration spell over and over on doors.:p

Does anyone know if you can use stolen goods to forge with? Like Ingots that were stolen, I think you can't but im not entirely sure? If anyone can confirm if you can or not that would be helpful.

Yes you can mate, same goes for alchemy ingredients, disenchanting equiptment and soul gems.

After seeing what Skyrim is like and watching a mate play it. I do believe it is an Epic Game, I have a real urge to buy it but I wanted some advice.

Is it worth getting if I hadn't played Oblivion?

My mate says that if I want to get a bit more in depth with the story and lore then I should get oblivion 1st...

Would love some outside/inside peoples opinions!

Nah it's a Bethesda game :-P

Question: Where's the best place to sell loot?

I have tried so many shops but they have fuck all money like 750 or 1000. I must have 30K's worth of goods that I can't sell.

Is there a set number of dragons?

Nah it's a Bethesda game :-P

Question: Where's the best place to sell loot?

I have tried so many shops but they have fuck all money like 750 or 1000. I must have 30K's worth of goods that I can't sell.

Is there a set number of dragons?

Best place to sell imo is The Thieves Guild, they buy anything, and once you've finished the quest line you can sell up to 4k at a time.

And dragons respawn, so no limit.

I need help in The Black Star. I spoke to Nelacar first not knowing I had to talk to the Barkeep. Now all it says is speak to Nelacar but he'll just tell me the same thing. Is there a solution to this?

Maybe there is a specific time when you can speak to him about it. Wait a few hours and try approaching him again?