Glitch on mission 'St. Petersburg Revisited' (Spoilers)

Guest Scotty

im trying to do this mission where you shoot sergei zavorotko, and my svd does nothing. i tried shooting the few enemies earlier and no damage was registering. i was losing bullets as i shot and it made a gunshot noise, but the bullets just weren't doing anything.

anyway, i reloaded my save and got to the apartment across from where you shoot him and the same is happening again. im shooting him through the window, but nothing is registering. None of the guards are even alerted when i shoot.

anyone else had this? i can't continue the game with this glitch as you dont choose any other weapons before starting the mission so i can't even fight into his building or anything.

any help would be great. cheers.

Hard to tell u without a spoiler really, it's not a glitch... Explore the Pushkin building for your target and don't snipe... You'll understand why when you do

cheers, mate, sorted.:)

its a bit dodgy though, i had no intention of going into the building where my target is, especially when i can only use a sniper. strange...

Hard to tell u without a spoiler really, it's not a glitch... Explore the Pushkin building for your target and don't snipe... You'll understand why when you do

Lol, when i first played this game 11 years ago i knew why shooting Sergei wasn't registering. i thought it was obvious to everyone. i guess not.

im trying to do this mission where you shoot sergei zavorotko, and my svd does nothing. i tried shooting the few enemies earlier and no damage was registering. i was losing bullets as i shot and it made a gunshot noise, but the bullets just weren't doing anything.

anyway, i reloaded my save and got to the apartment across from where you shoot him and the same is happening again. im shooting him through the window, but nothing is registering. None of the guards are even alerted when i shoot.

anyone else had this? i can't continue the game with this glitch as you dont choose any other weapons before starting the mission so i can't even fight into his building or anything.

any help would be great. cheers.

You ARE shooting through the OPEN window, right?

Not sure why that happens, but I killed him on my second attempt through the window. This guy did as well:

this video is for the first of 2 missions in st. petersburg, im talking about the second 1, thanks though:)

You ARE shooting through the OPEN window, right?

yeah i was, its sorted now though, i just did what surreal_82 said and it worked perfectly. i just always play with music on through headphones(that ive still got on:p) so if there was any spoken updates, i wouldn't have heard them. I never thought that i was doing it wrong, though. its hardly obvious when im given a sniper rifle and a target to kill and the only building you can go in is conveniently placed with a perfect view of your target. its just weird how this mission was done, i wouldn't have ever tried to go into the building where the target is, that would be stupid under the circumstances, but i guess thats how you do it.

No there aren't any spoken updates to give you a hint, just previous knowledge of the game, plus if you look he is a cardboard cutout when observed closely enough!

Plus not on the stupid side, the best assassins always get up close and personal with the hit... Watch Leon lol.

a lot of the levels can be done so differently, like still petersberg stakeout, I enter the building and kill with a knife the first visit. Getting around with a sniper is so inconspicuous! Not.

Edited by surreal_82

• 8 months later...
No there aren't any spoken updates to give you a hint, just previous knowledge of the game, plus if you look he is a cardboard cutout when observed closely enough!

Plus not on the stupid side, the best assassins always get up close and personal with the hit... Watch Leon lol.

a lot of the levels can be done so differently, like still petersberg stakeout, I enter the building and kill with a knife the first visit. Getting around with a sniper is so inconspicuous! Not.

I was wrapping up achievements, going through my final achievement by doing a quick runthrough of Expert difficulty, and I was under the impression that during this mission, you had to fiber wire the Agent in the building. Everytime I went in, no matter how sneaky and slow I was, he always turned around, for some reason. I altered that by pulling out a Deagle, blowing his brains out, and fighting off all of the backup who heard me.