Achievement Guide with Complete Video & Text Walkthrough WIP

Outinthedark

Thanks for the guide. The I didn't get the "where are you? " Achievement until I watched your video. The I got the guard out of the office by ringing the phone and then hiding. The I did it your way and it popped so I guess you have to be spotted and then run and hide for it. I anyway thanks for the video.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the guide. The I didn't get the "where are you? " Achievement until I watched your video. The I got the guard out of the office by ringing the phone and then hiding. The I did it your way and it popped so I guess you have to be spotted and then run and hide for it. I anyway thanks for the video.

My pleasure. Glad it helped you. Go for Hard mode now! :)

Seems I'm now 1 of 4 to complete the game on Hard. Funny I'm still apparently being tracked on TrueAchievements even though leaving it ages ago.

They say I'm 4th lol: http://www.trueachievements.com/Outinthedark.htm

Too bad I hammered this game out on the 11th not the 13th.

Thanks Outinthedark, you really helped me out. i got my 200:gsicon: and that makes me one happy camper :) im so glad i didn't give up.

Good to hear! :)

Chapter 3 is still taking ages to upload. Still has ~200 minutes. I wonder if it got stuck uploading at a lower rate or something.

Regardless, I uploaded a much more truncated version and it should be live in oh ~15 mins or so.

Text and video guides are now complete. OP reformatted and I believe I can call it damn near complete. Always room for improvement so please let me know if you spot an error.

I also need a good time based on using the guides. Where it took me 15 hours on my own, I'd like to have a count for someone who used the guide.

Confirmed, achievement difficulties stack.

UGH...you can't replay chapters, what the hell...

What does this mean? My english isn't that good, sorry.

Can I play through the game on EASY and after that the last level on HARD to get the Hard Achievement? *hope*

:woop:

Text and video guides are now complete. OP reformatted and I believe I can call it damn near complete. Always room for improvement so please let me know if you spot an error.

I also need a good time based on using the guides. Where it took me 15 hours on my own, I'd like to have a count for someone who used the guide.

Outinthedark: I'm hoping to power through this game using your guide on hard difficulty to knock out all the achievements in one go through. I will do my best to time it and give you the info when I'm done if someone doesn't beat me to it :). Thanks for the awesome work and effort!

-foot

What does this mean? My english isn't that good, sorry.

Can I play through the game on EASY and after that the last level on HARD to get the Hard Achievement? *hope*

:woop:

No.

You have to play all levels in HARD to get all 3 achievements.

For a first run through, it took me about 4 and a half hours using the guide when I couldn't see where to go next, most of which was consumed in the first part of chapter five (that hawk-eyed zombie got me so many times... Ugh). Keep in mind this includes pausing the game to look at the walkthrough and such. I never skipped a cut scene but also never had to go back to a checkpoint (except that one in chapter 5) because, thanks to your handywork, I knew how to avoid getting spotted. I earned every achievement except the normal and hard mode ones, as I was playing on easy.

As a result of knowing what to do, though, I can say that I really enjoyed this game; from the looks of it, that's something that many have or have had a hard time doing. I can see how it would be extremely frustrating if one didn't know what to do, but I bet the people who tested it and knew the ins and outs of the puzzles thought that the final product was pretty good. If I didn't know what to do next, yeah, it would have been hard to like it as much as I did. With an objective marker (or at least a clearer idea of where to go next) and a little more indication as to level of infection, as well as more checkpoints, I feel this could have been a game that most everyone could enjoy.

As it stands, though, I had a great time with it, and yes, I'll be doing 3 playthroughs.

EDIT: Just for the record, nightmare wasn't nearly as enjoyable as easy/normal. :p

Edited by R3vengeance

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Amy Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!