Achievement Discussion

Barad

It is going to be tough to get all the vehicles.

It's hard to find some of the golden films...

!You can use the EDIT-BUTTON in the lower right corner of your post. Saves you the double/tripple posts.!

The golden film reels are really not that bad. Did them all in one day. The vehicles though are IMO the most pain in the ass achievement for this game!

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm @ 85/95 "Vehicle Types Driven" and I'm NOT looking forward collecting the last 10. But ey fuck it, better than hunting down 200 hidden birds (GTA IV) right. :p

Call me crazy but I found finding the 200 pigeons a LOT easier, quicker and funner than finding a few horses on Red Dead :p These last few cars could be a real bitch I have a feeling..the map is so huge on this game and some cars are probably rare and can only be found in certain areas at certain times :/ just my guess though don't take my word for it.

Edited by Barad

Call me crazy but I found finding the 200 pigeons a LOT easier, quicker and funner than finding a few horses on Red Dead :p These last few cars could be a real bitch I have a feeling..the map is so huge on this game and some cars are probably rare and can only be found in certain areas at certain times :/ just my guess though don't take my word for it.

Hehe, we'll see. I'll leave this cheevo for my last one and finish the rest first. But if I see any suspicious cars I'll hop right in haha. Many in this forum already reached 100% in this game, so for veterans like us it won't be that much of a hassle. :cool:

My biggest thing with the cars, like it has been stated, is when it gets down to it the last few. Its gonna be tough. Im just jumping out everytime we have a scheduled stop in the campaign and jumping in every car on the block. Im saving the "hidden" cars you unlock and the obvious ones (fire truck, garbage truck, etc) for last so maybe it wont seem like such a bitch

Also how long do you think it will take to drive 194.7 miles in game?

Not much. If you go for every case, street crime, golden film reels & landmarks & DRIVE ALL BY YOURSELF (NOT THE PARTNER) you will reach your 194.7 miles in no time. You will get the last few miles while searching for your last cars anyway. In other words if you going for 100% the miles are already included. I'm @ 74.9% and @ 186.06 miles, so that figures.

Edit: Now @ 75.3 % and @ 194.77 miles. JOB DONE!

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

so I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not you can get the 100% game complete with having missed a clue or two in a case? I completed a case with 5 stars and missed (I think) 1 clue as well as got 1 question wrong. Will this affect me from getting the 100% game complete, or do I need to go back and re-do that case and get all the questions right, as well as find the other clue.

so I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not you can get the 100% game complete with having missed a clue or two in a case? I completed a case with 5 stars and missed (I think) 1 clue as well as got 1 question wrong. Will this affect me from getting the 100% game complete, or do I need to go back and re-do that case and get all the questions right, as well as find the other clue.

Not sure but you can never be on the wrong side if you find everything & get every question right.

Why don't you simply do the rest of the cases now a 100% and see for yourself if it's unlocking...IF NOT...well easy money...play the case you've mentioned and get it done.

Not sure but you can never be on the wrong side if you find everything & get every question right.

Why don't you simply do the rest of the cases now a 100% and see for yourself if it's unlocking...IF NOT...well easy money...play the case you've mentioned and get it done.

I'm trying to go through the cases first without using any type of guide as I find it a lot more fun. I will eventually go back and get 5 stars on all of them but there is no way to tell the difference between a 5 star, having missed 1 or 2 things, and a 5 star having found all clues and getting all questions correct. I guess I have no problem just writing down the case name and continuing on. I was just curious if anyone might be able to tell me by experience.

As long as it doesnt prevent you from getting 5 stars or stop you from getting the 95% clues achievement you should be fine.

Oh yeah... I forgot about that one. Well if I get the 95% clue one and not the 100% complete then I'll know what I'm missing. I know there'll be a few that I have to go back and get some clues on though. Some of the earlier ones I did not do so well on. I blame it on playing while drinking. haha.

For Roscoe & Friends(kill a bad guy with every gun)

I need to your the colt pistol, but everytime i see one it just seems to collect ammo. I cannot change weapon to it.

Anyone know where i can get to use that gun? Last one i need.

For Roscoe & Friends(kill a bad guy with every gun)

I need to your the colt pistol, but everytime i see one it just seems to collect ammo. I cannot change weapon to it.

Anyone know where i can get to use that gun? Last one i need.

If Cole Phelps picks up any ammo for a weapon, you already have this weapon equipped. In other words, as a detective you don't need to pick up the Colt .45 cause it's already your default weapon from the beginning.

Make sure to keep track on this list (from the Achievement Guide here, by IISpiderII):

There are 9 guns you will need to kill someone with. Most of them are dropped from bad guys through many cases and street crimes.

• .44 Magnum - Default gun as a patrol cop. Start the case "Armed and Dangerous." and press LB to drop the shotgun.
  • 12 Gauge Shotgun - Start with it in the case "Armed and Dangerous." Bad guys will drop this as well.
  • Colt .45 - Your default gun as a detective.
  • Thompson SMG - Bad guys from many cases and street crimes will have it. There's a bad guy with one at the final event on the case "The Fallen Idol."
  • Tommy gun (modified thompson with a round drum) - Bad guys from many cases and street crimes will have it. There's a bad guy with one at the final event on the case "The Fallen Idol."
  • M1 Garrand - Bad guys from many cases and street crimes will have it. There's a bad guy with one at the final event on the case "The Fallen Idol."
  • M1 Thompson (modified garrand with round drum) - Bad guys from the case "Manifest Destiny" will drop them.
  • Browning Auto-Rifle - Easily found in the final case as many bad guys will have it. There's also one in the same spot as the flamethrower.
  • Flamethrower - Obtained in the final case at the final event in the sewers. Right before the scene where the water rises you will find a room full of guns. The flamethrower is in there.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

OK you're crazy :p

but seriously I'd rather do the 95 cars than finding those blasted pigeons.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZtXeg1Dv5k]YouTube - ‪L.A. Noire walkthrough A Polite Invitation part 1‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49r8bH_OZMY]YouTube - ‪L.A. Noire walkthrough A Polite Invitation part 2‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKeJ8x_IOmo]YouTube - ‪L.A. Noire walkthrough A Polite Invitation part 3‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXnt9I6AvsM]YouTube - ‪L.A. Noire walkthrough A Polite Invitation part 4‬‏[/ame]