Deal of the Week thread-Improved 360 edition!

Dustinator

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few games in that GoD list that will possibly encourage me to buy some more points. Depending on the reductions of course.

I am going to have to look at them closely, too. Some games I am interested in, but even if they were free it might be cheaper to get the game of the year editions off of amazon or something, rather than buying the GoD and then the full priced DLC after the fact. I mean, the DLC might go on sale eventually, but who knows when?

I am going to have to look at them closely, too. Some games I am interested in, but even if they were free it might be cheaper to get the game of the year editions off of amazon or something, rather than buying the GoD and then the full priced DLC after the fact. I mean, the DLC might go on sale eventually, but who knows when?

I must admit that I am secretly hoping some of the DLC goes on sale alongside the games. I doubt it but you never know.

Nothing of interest to me =/ I'd rather have physical copies of those games anyways. And did they officially drop the "4" from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare? Looks like it to me, based on how Nelson listed it.

However, I fully recommend for folks to take advantage of this sale if they don't mind digital titles. Especially Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X HD and Resident Evil 4 HD. If they're cheap, DEFINITELY get them.

However, I fully recommend for folks to take advantage of this sale if they don't mind digital titles. Especially Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X HD and Resident Evil 4 HD. If they're cheap, DEFINITELY get them.

I thought I was reading wrong. So they are going on sale? Sweet! Veronica is the only one I'm missing so I'll definitely have to grab that one.

I thought I was reading wrong. So they are going on sale? Sweet! Veronica is the only one I'm missing so I'll definitely have to grab that one.

Yeah for some reason Major Nelson is listing it as "Code Veronica", forgetting the Resident Evil part. Which is kind of important for new fans of the series who don't know what Code Veronica is. But yeah, 75-85% off. Currently at 20 bucks a pop, you're looking at 3-5 dollars each for both games (ASSUMING they are covered under the 75-85% clause).

Somehow I fear only 50% will be for both, but still...10 bucks over 20, I wouldn't pass on that.

Yeah for some reason Major Nelson is listing it as "Code Veronica", forgetting the Resident Evil part. Which is kind of important for new fans of the series who don't know what Code Veronica is.

Also with "Raccoon City." The game was crap, but still.

I might have to get CoD4 also. Might be worth it to have just because it's the only one I don't have and I'm missing the damn Mile High Club achievement. One day it'll be mine. :)

I might have to get CoD4 also. Might be worth it to have just because it's the only one I don't have and I'm missing the damn Mile High Club achievement. One day it'll be mine. :)

If you do end up getting the game, good luck with the achievement. 'twas a fun and painstaking one to achieve. I think it took me two days around an hour each day to get it! (Some might say only an hour each day. Yes it's that frustrating!)

Halo Reach i'ts 10 bucks now (around 600) so maybe the "ultimate xbox live sale" just started

Yep. Other games are dropping in price. Here's what's showing on my 360 right now

Halo 3 - 800 msp / 67% drop in price

Halo Reach - 800 msp / 67% drop in price

Halo 4 - 3200 msp / 33% drop in price

Zone of the Enders - 2400 msp / 14% drop in price

EDIT: Sorry for the wrong price on Halo 4 guys :(

Edited by Dustinator
Wrong pricing

Yeah, it seems that certain games are discounted and others are not (as of yet).

As Halo 3 is still showing up at the regular price, yet Reach is $10.

I am going to head to bed, and check these deals out in the morning, as they probably are rolling out the discounts for different games at different times.

Got a lot of MSP in reserve for several of these games however!

Halo 4 for $10?? I call BS!

At first I was like:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8vx1nOGnT1r9ixyz.gif

It still is showing up as 39.99$

3 and Reach are in fact 10$

Then I was like:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbjpkahL7S1ran3jeo1_500.gif

Even myself, who loves physical copies, probably couldn't pass on a relatively new game for as low as 10 dollars. They would make sooo much money right there.

I highly recommend Rainbow Six: Vegas for $4.99!

I have heard that El Shaddai was interesting and with it only being 2.99, I am really tempted! Anyone played?

But yes, some deals have rolled out. Nelson only mentioned Halo games, but that's not what http://xbldb.com/offer-highlights has :)

There is a page on xbox.com which is offering GoD titles for $5 and lower all week. I'm assuming these games are all in there for the weeklong sale along with certain themed games on sale daily(Halo on Tuesday). Waiting for official confirmation, but here's some titles at less than $5

Dark Messiah - 240 msp

Rayman Ravinf Rabids - 240 msp

Call of Juarez - 400 msp

HAWK - 400 msp

GRID - 400 msp

El Shaddai - 240 msp

The Darkness - 400 msp

GRID 2 - 400 msp

Oh and Deal of the Week is Gears 3 stuff(Season Pass included) and Gears 2. Will update when I have a chance later

Edited by Dustinator

If you do end up getting the game, good luck with the achievement. 'twas a fun and painstaking one to achieve. I think it took me two days around an hour each day to get it! (Some might say only an hour each day. Yes it's that frustrating!)

It's the only achievement that has gotten me frustrated lol. I've gotten to the end twice: once I shot the hostage by mistake and the second I tried to shoot him in the leg...has to be a headshot. What can I say, it's my unicorn.

Any reason why when I press "buy with ms points" the price is higher? Example, GRID is supposed to be 4.99 but with ms points is 440 & el shaddai shows 2.99 but the ms point cost is 480, making it six bucks. Do I really need to have a credit card for this? Also, deaks page shows me page 2 & 3 but not 1 with the halo stuff.