Marriage question

Vivi

try starting on an easier difficulty and taking SKILL AT DANCING as your main perk. There are also clothing items that will make dancing easier. Yes, you need to dance with the girls in order to move their romancing forward. You will have to do other things too other than just dancing. But there will be 2-3 dances involved at least

Yes you can only increase it, but if you start a new game you can choose what difficulty you want to start on as well as what speciality you want to be...this all happens before you choose who you want to join.

Hope this helps

If you divide very little plunder you do get an option to lower the difficulty. If not you could try going into battle losing your ship and then divide plunder. Your health should be lowered and your gold should be in the very low hundreds. Done it twice now as the sword fights can be very annoying at the higher difficulties. Definitely not getting a 200 on this one.

just made the 'beat montalban on rogue or swashbuckler' achievement by starting on apprentice, switching up to journeyman after rescuing my ant and finding one treasure. then went after all my relatives and killing top 10 pirates. leaving me only to marry, which i did when crossing the ocean westwards from my last time going after raymondo all the way to the south east. after rescuing my last relative i split the loot again changing to the next level. now i finished the path of revenge all the way to montalban. all i needed was the last top 10 pirate (morgan) and i was right next to montalban. i switched to rouge difficulty, got the first incan treasure from my family's card pieces to finance a bigger ship and more crew for the bombarding. oh, i've used a mail runner from the first possible occurence. now i got myself the first big ship, which turned out to be a fast galleon or a trade galleon. i attacked another ship to have enough cannons then went after montalban. lost the first attack, tried again and got to the duel. first he almost had me to the ladder... but then i fast attacked him all the way to his side and won. achievement unlocked.

=> you do not have to play the whole game on rouge or swashbuckler for this achievement. which can be quite a challenge...

• 1 month later...