Games you started but never finished

HoliestEd

I forgot to add Dead Space. I just couldn't get into it. The boring fetch missions. I bought and sold the first Deadspace 2 times,then finally just said ''Screw it''. Never played the sequels.

I just couldn't get into the game,it got boring fast. I hated the scary pace of it,it felt like a runaway train nonstop. I love Condmened Criminal origins pace so much better.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halo 4 surprisingly. Finished the campaign but never touched multiplayer which is surprising because that's what I loved about 3.

Well, if you loved 3's MP but hated Reach's, then I'd say you'll probably like 4's. It's not as good as Halo 3's MP, but it's at least a million times better than Reach's. (Not sure why everyone seems to hate Halo 4's MP, I think it's pretty solid.) But anyway, I'm not sure I'd count not playing a game's MP as not finishing a game.

I remember renting Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 around when it first came out - I knew how bad it was, but I thought it would be funny to have it on my profile as a game that I played and had a few achievements in. I rented it and I seriously could not get a single achievement - I remember trying to play through Sonic's campaign and I couldn't bring myself to continue playing. I never ended up getting any achievement in that game and it doesn't even show up on my profile anymore. Maybe if I find it really cheap used or something I'll manage to trudge through that with some booze and a few buddies. That game was really, really awful and I don't recommend it to anybody unless you're intentionally looking for an extremely unfun video game to play.

I don't see why so many people give it a bad rating. Yes there was a lot of things they could have done to make the game better. But it's not a bad game

Bioshock (but I just bought it again so I'll give it another shot)

Gears of War (I don't know why people loved it so much)

Grand Theft Auto IV (boring)

Halo 3: ODST (lame)

King Kong (might give it another shot)

Lost Odyssey (love this game, but quit Xbox for a while in college, sold everything, and haven't repurchased it again)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (not fun)

Red Dead Redemption (I still own this and I want to play it again though)

Viva Pinata (heard it was awesome, didn't see the appeal)

Fallout new Vegas. Loved fallout 3 but couldn't get into this after many times trying

Funny, i recently stopped playing new Vegas as well. I was a very decent part into the game, but at some point I couldn't bring myself to play another minute.

Crackdown. Got 150g from it and keep meaning to go back to it. I just cannot be bothered yet. Damn orb collecting has me jaded.

Kingdoms of Amalur. 1 achievement for 100g to go for completing the game on Hard. Just can't be bothered with this either. Too long to play and I just started my hard run. Will go back soon.

Lego Star Wars 3. Absolutely, positively, hate this game. I want to cast its corpse out to sea. The worst game I've played in ages. Loved the other Lego games I've played.

Hunted Demons Forge. Not that I hate it, I just have better games to play. Will get around to it. Seems like a fun game so far.

Lost Odyssey. Not that far into it. But I just don't have enough spare time to sink into it in one go. Having a baby daughter means no marathon gaming sessions. But from what I played so far, it's truly a masterpiece.

Hell Yeah and Sonic & Knuckles and Amy. 3 games that are just irritating the crap out of me and I want them done, but I have no desire what so ever to load any of them up and push myself through them.

I have a few but I'm not sure why but most would be because of lack of time

The Godfather - My favourite film of all time, I played for a few hours and haven't played since *shrug* probably a good game just outdated and haven't got the time I wish to get properly into

Portal (Arcade game) - After playing Portal from The Orange Box I was thinking it would be completely different but no I soon realized it's the exact same game so after 2 minutes I just stopped playing.

Portal 2 - I played with my mate after he was like, "Oh get it" Multiplayer didn't quite work out as we had hoped in the sense we couldn't play together without problems so haven't played since

Bioshock Infinite - Got it the day after release got to the final part and couldn't finish and gave up after 3 attempts then let my work mate borrow it, haven't asked for it back yet. Can't be assed.

Plants Vs Zombies - Absolutely loved that game, got all achievement except one and I cannot do it. Doh!

But the last one is purely just on achievement basis and one that came to mind but in that aspect then a lot more should be included as I'm not. Although it would be nice. :)

Bioshock (but I just bought it again so I'll give it another shot)

Gears of War (I don't know why people loved it so much)

Grand Theft Auto IV (boring)

Halo 3: ODST (lame)

King Kong (might give it another shot)

Lost Odyssey (love this game, but quit Xbox for a while in college, sold everything, and haven't repurchased it again)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (not fun)

Red Dead Redemption (I still own this and I want to play it again though)

Viva Pinata (heard it was awesome, didn't see the appeal)

Gears of War was the worst one in my opinion. The second one is definitely the best (story wise) Gears 3 has a way better multiplayer than the second one, so I understand that.

Red Dead Redemption I couldn't get into either, but I am definitely going to try it out.

Condemned 2

I could go on, but I wont.

WHats wrong with the 2nd? I plan on getting it so I'm curious why you hated it.

I'm addicted to the first,I've found almost all the collectibles in the game on my own. Like a few tvs with a 360 hooked up to it,all but a few dead birds,true those metal pieces will suck getting only found 5 total,

BUT thank Gackt for Youtube. :)

I'm loving the first one,everyone says ''Oh it so outdated'' I disagree,sure the main character and Rosa character graphics aren't ''Up to date'' but everything else is really detailed for a 2005 game. I'm at chapter 8 and ADDICTED.

The 2nd is like 8$ now and I defnitley want to get it,I know the online boosting will suck but I don't care.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

I used to find it really difficult to focus strictly on one game I played, so I would always switch after playing a game for however long because I got bored, didn't have time to play it, or didn't like it.. but I've gotten a lot better at playing just a few games at a time instead of like 10 at the same time.

[spoiler=poo]

The Darkness - I'm currently playing this. :3

Saints Row 2 - Co-op anyone? :D

Brutal Legend - I'm stuck on the last boss -____-

KoA: Reckoning - There's just so much to do in this game! But this has been ongoing since March of last year..

DARK SOULS - This has been ongoing but I'm going to play through it's entirety this summer. :3

Mass Effect 2

I'm going to give all of these games a chance again though!:

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Assassin's Creed - I'm having a difficult time trying to get into this game. It just confuses me so much and I feel like whenever I'm supposed to do something related to the main objective.. I just get distracted 'because there's so much crap happening everywhere.

DMMM:Elements - I wish I had known the multiplayer is completely dead before I bought this game -_-

Fable III - After spending like 500 hours on Fable II until my save file got corrupted.. I thought I would give this a chance and man, does it stink in comparison to Lost Chapters and 2..

Gears of War - I've tried so hard to get into this but I just can't for the life of me! :[

Zuma

The Sims 3 - Had a hard time getting interested in this too! Kinda makes me miss the old Sims where it was simple.. Not you got all this extra stuff and I'm just sitting there like .. "What does this even mean? D:"

RAGE - So much to do & I made the mistake of picking the hardest difficulty to play on my first way through.. >_>

Naughty Bear - Took me awhile to get into this and because I'm trying to get every stage 100% perfect, it's going to take me awhile to complete it as well. x_x

Dead Rising - I couldn't get into this for the life of me. I played DR2 and enjoyed that somewhat but when I played this, I really disliked it. Not to mention that Frank runs around the entire mall like he has a dildo stuck up his butt. But I'm going to try and play it again.. >_>

Left 4 Dead 2 - Sooo boring after you've gone through every campaign.

DEADRISING2:CASE WEST - Yeah.. this probably is never going to happen.

Forza Motosport 3 - I got this free with my 360 in December 2010.. played it once and never touched it again. I'm not a huge fan of racing games unless it's Need for Speed or like Mario Kart, lmfao.

Games that I started, haven't finished, and will never play regardless of the amount of money I am offered:

Black Ops Campaign - It's too confusing and lame and I don't like it ;~;

GTA IV - I thought this was the worst GTA I've ever played. Even worse than the birds eye view of 1 & 2. Multiplayer is fun for what? 5 minutes? Gets boring soo quickly.

Silent Hill Homecoming - This is without a doubt one of (if not THE) worst game I've ever played in my life and I regret buying this.

Alan Wake - Could not get into this. Thought the story was good but having to collect pages in the middle of the wilderness while all these psychotic shadows were stalking you was kind of silly. :s I was told the game was going to be scary and the only thing scary was the fact that one of my friends spent over 400 hours playing this game because he liked it so much..

Edited by AdorableShadows

I started playing it mainly to get a good experience for horror, but it was just too boring and frustrating to finish. Had a lot of scenarios with seriously bad conveyance and all the environments pretty much looked the same. About the only mechanic that I did like was how you soul switched between different members of your team and used their abilities, I'd like it more if every encounter wasn't jut a dumb shootout.

I used to find it really difficult to focus strictly on one game I played, so I would always switch after playing a game for however long because I got bored, didn't have time to play it, or didn't like it.. but I've gotten a lot better at playing just a few games at a time instead of like 10 at the same time.

[spoiler=poo]

I just can't for the life of me get into...

GTA IV - I thought this was the worst GTA I've ever played. Even worse than the birds eye view of 1 & 2. Multiplayer is fun for what? 5 minutes? Gets boring soo quickly.

Naw man. The birds eye view ones I didn't like. I started with Vice City,then went to III,then Saandreas so I was used to GTA being 3rd person gameplay. IV wasn't about the MP,it was tacked on. I love messing around in IV still. :p

Ontopic-Turok (Newest one) and Brutal Legend are 2 I forgot to add.

I could not contiune playing the Brutal Legend attrocatie. Easily the worst game I've played this gen.

I just lost intrest in Turok (2007) it felt like a completly different Turok that I grew up with. I grew up with the comics and games. This new one had none of the awesome qualities of either.

While I complete a lot of games, its going back to them and getting more achievements is what I find difficult.

I also have a huge backlog, so that makes it worse because I don't really want to start another game until I feel I have obtained all the achievements possible for me. Probably wasting too much time thinking about them.

There is one game I am struggling with and it is Deadly Premonition its far too clunky for my liking.

Edited by metlika

I really, really, really cannot believe that no one has mentioned Sega's most recent turd of a game... Aliens: Colonial Marines

The gameplay does not match the pre-release demo's. The story stinks, the game mechanics are awful and glitchy, the graphics are truly diabolical - they look like they were designed for a pre-gen console like the Megadrive! The multiplayer is a painful experience with some achievements that can only be obtained via boosting.

Do not even bother with this if it is offered to you for free.

Brink is another game that does not match the pre-release video's... and also another complete waste of time and money.

Duke Nukem - the game designers should be forced to use the game discs as suppositories... yes, they should be made to shove them up their ar*e!

Assassin's Creed (the series) - for the very glitchy gameplay... in particular, the not so free running where your character will not let go, jumps in the opposite direction and just generally does the opposite of what you intended (it has improved in the latest outing - but not too much). Don't even get me started on the mini games!

Vampire Rain - awful game and controls

Shadowrun - for being multiplayer only

Here are some more awful games, controls, graphics:

Shellshock 2

Bodycount

Soldier of Fortune Payback

Splatterhouse

Secret Service

Wet

Call of Juarez The Cartel

Assassin's Creed Revelations - I'm just getting bored of those games now. The first 2 and a bit were good but I wanted something different. And those rooftop defence things were just awful.

Black Ops II - Campaign just put me to sleep. I'll get it done eventually, not sure when though.

Fable III - Literally put me to sleep on several occasions.

Fuel - Frustrating and cheap AI meant I just got annoyed with it.

Rage - I just wish it had proper co-op, got bored on my own. I imagine it would be something like Defiance, only not as many people. Why oh why doesn't it have co-op?

The Saboteur - It just bored me a bit. I have been meaning to go back to it but never have.

GTA IV - Again it just bored me silly.