Yoteslaya has died.

Slaughter.

If you hadn't heard of yoteslaya, he was a YouTuber who did lots of let's plays, Borderlands 2 videos, and CoD Zombies videos. He was killed yesterday morning, Oct. 23, in a car crash with a train. He will be missed.

Based off of what I heard, I don't really feel sorry for him as it was an extremely idiotic thing to do. I mean seriously you don't try to out run a train in your pick-up truck...

Links/news etc. to share?

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=338218

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJs5x2606Hk]Rest in Peace Yoteslaya. You will be missed. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imF0F8eEjzs]The First Commentator Death, R.I.P. Yoteslaya - YouTube[/ame]

I heard it was a rumor at first...either way, it's a terrible loss, but take note that he was driving intoxicated and racing against a train.

My thoughts go out to his family - especially his wife and children - and the two people that were in his car, but I cannot wrap my mind around the things people will do when they have to much to drink. A part of me really wants to just say it...I do not feel bad given the circumstance...but still, it's a terrible loss.

and racing against a train.

All he had to do was follow the damn train, CJ. :(

RIP in peace to all those who were affected because he was DUI. Worst kind of traffic accidents because you never know whether someone drinks and drives or not. It was irresponsible to drive intoxicated (especially with passengers) and threaten the life of innocents. He had it coming, but the innocents propably didn't deserve it.

This is a depressing story any way you look at it. I feel bad for any innocent victims, his family, and anyone affected by this, but my God, what a fucking asinine way to die. Drunk driving is one of the stupidest things a person can do, and trying to drunkenly outrun a train in a pickup is on an entirely new plain of idiocy. Regardless, RIP.

I wonder if he'll get a Darwin award? - it was a very darwinistic way to go out....

It's a shame tho his BL2 videos taught me a lot about the game and where to find legendararies etc, so whilst his stupid way of going out and taking 2 ppl with him should be condemned; his contributions to gaming will be missed!! - there was some talk that Gearbox may honour him in a future game like they did for Michael Malmaril in BL2.

I wonder if he'll get a Darwin award? - it was a very darwinistic way to go out....

It's a shame tho his BL2 videos taught me a lot about the game and where to find legendararies etc, so whilst his stupid way of going out and taking 2 ppl with him should be condemned; his contributions to gaming will be missed!! - there was some talk that Gearbox may honour him in a future game like they did for Michael Malmaril in BL2.

Well said. :)

Malmaril passed away due to a terminal illness and his friend(s) contacted Gearbox asking them to get Claptrap to give his eulogy in BL2 because he was such a fan. Gearbox made him into a NPC.

Yoteslaya killed himself along with 2 others whilst drink-driving. How can they "honour" that?

Malmaril passed away due to a terminal illness and his friend(s) contacted Gearbox asking them to get Claptrap to give his eulogy in BL2 because he was such a fan. Gearbox made him into a NPC.

Yoteslaya killed himself along with 2 others whilst drink-driving. How can they "honour" that?

It's never the death you honour, it's the person who died.

Like I said, he went out in a stupid way; little honour there (negative even), but he did contribute a ton to gaming and gamers and was respected for what he did (up until that stupid, fatal, last action of course) and his contributions were quite well known in the gaming/youtuber community. (hell I HATE "let's plays" with a passion, but I was able to happily watch some of his, mostly cos he was funny & informative, and also rather prolific - posted new things almost daily)

Anyhow... I was just mentioning some of what's being discussed on the gearbox forum and Randy Pitchford's Twitter - nothing is set in stone yet anyhow.. I believe it's at the petition stage.

I think he was referring to honoring the person, not the death. He had a major impact on the community, and that is what he should be remembered for.

I very nearly mentioned the Darwin Awards in my post but was afraid it would be taken poorly. Glad someone else went there. I just can't have any respect for somebody who does such a thing. I was discussing this with my friend today and the "natural selection" sentiment seems apt. I was upset when Ryan Dunn from Jackass died driving drunk and I also knew an otherwise cool guy in high school who died the same way, because it's sad that they chose to destroy their lives like that. The same applies to Yoteslaya, though I've never seen his videos.

No one would defend drunk driving. I was injured by a drunk driver when I was nine-years-old, and could very easily have died. But I would hardly be so arrogant as to pass judgment on someone else. I've done incredibly stupid things before, and if one of them had ended my life, it would be terrible for that one moment of stupidity to overshadow all the rest of what my life had meant.

In the end, a life was ended too early. That's tragic.

No one would defend drunk driving. I was injured by a drunk driver when I was nine-years-old, and could very easily have died. But I would hardly be so arrogant as to pass judgment on someone else. I've done incredibly stupid things before, and if one of them had ended my life, it would be terrible for that one moment of stupidity to overshadow all the rest of what my life had meant.

In the end, a life was ended too early. That's tragic.

You're right. I've done stupid things before but if I died because of something like that (an accident caused by drunk-driving), I wouldn't care if you thought I was an idiot.