Servers shutting down on Feb. 15

Son of Kyuss

According to the latest Halo Bulletin 343i will be pulling the plug on the Halo 2 PC servers on February 15th, 2013, leaving LAN the only way to play the multiplayer.

To switch gears ever so slightly, we’re sad to report that the service end-date for Halo 2 PC Multiplayer will be February 15, 2013. We’ve been monitoring the population for months, and it’s been peaking consistently at approximately 20 players or less. Those that own this game can continue to enjoy Multiplayer over LAN after that date; however our network services will be turned off at that time. We love you, Halo 2 PC, and you will live forever in our hearts.

source: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/01/16/The-Halo-Bulletin-11613.aspx

Best to get those multiplayer achievements done ASAP if you're just starting the game or have put them off.

For everyone going for the achievements, heed this advice;

The achievements for playing all game variants and all maps can be achieved very quickly, if the host ends the game as soon as it begins.

You get 2 options; Quit Game and End Game. If you end the game, you'll go back to the lobby where you can choose the next map and variant, and load it straight up. If you keep pressing A during the count down, it'll speed it up.

If you do it this way, it'll take about 30 minutes at the most to get those out of the way, and then you just need to pick a map with the correct weapons and vehicles to get the rest. I picked the large one with the Banshee, Warthog, Sniper, and Rocket Launcher.

EDIT: Another tip. If you press F1 (IIRC) on your keyboard, you can use in-game chat, so if you don't have a headset, you can still communicate very well. The keyboard still functions when using the 360 controller.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

Count me in for this weekend as well, I need most MP achievements (expecially Violent Cartographer, Rainman, Hired Gun, Decorated Soldier, and Running Riot.) My brother also has this for PC so really only need 2 more at the very least.

Gamertag: Ashes706

Edited by haigara

had this for ages and been meaning to start it, does anyone know whether you can get multiplayer achieves in lan matches or not?

I don't know, but you can still play online and make your own (even password locked) servers. I've been trying to find someone to do that with.

Add me, ''Ferets'', I'll have my xbox on and when I see an invite I'll join right away. I need Violent Cartographer (almost done) and rainman.

(I'll have my xbox on so I can see messages, as I don't want to keep Halo 2 open on my PC).

I posted this in the trading thread, but I will also post it here.

I will be holding a achievement lobby on Monday 1/21 at 6pm Central time. I will hold the lobby open from 5:50 to 6:10 to allow anyone that needs the achievements to enter. We will need someone with the legend achievement in our lobby to get everything accomplished. Please try to have a headset or be willing to use the chatbox for easier communication. If you would like to join up on this date and time send A MESSAGE to S0ME0NE SPECIAL saying you would like to join the lobby. I will be going through the list of messages and inviting whoever sent me a message a invite to the lobby.

I might be doing this a few times until the server shutdown date, but I'll have to see how this first one goes.

I'll try to check both threads, but if this one gets too many replies to sort through its going to be a tldr.