Warning - Read before playing

I don't normally post 'warnings' about games I have played - but I feel that my experiences with this game my save someone from having to endure the suffering I had to.

I decided to rent this game after reading threads on various achievement sites and the guide posted here but what I experienced was bordering on unplayable.

Firstly this game is NOT an easy 1000G, sure there are only 14 achievements but the time and effort needed on what is essentially a poor, glitch ridden, unplayable mess, simply isn't worth it.

some advice before you play it

- First achievement pops early so you can't play a little, realise how bad it is and then delete it from your gamerscore

- Graphics are N64, which for a game released in 2009 is unacceptable

- Jumping is easily the worst element of the game as there is NO DEPTH perception.

- This last section of the game, where you are required to basically estimate jumping (due to horrendous level design) is almost controller breaking.

-Your main battle will be with the camera, which for most parts is probably the worst camera in 3D platform history (in my opinion)

- DO NOT FOLLOW THE TOTEM GUIDE, yes the videos help for some locations but the guide is a mess, incoherent and will almost double your playtime.

The combination of a very poor guide and horrific controls, graphics, gameplay, camera made this 1000G a terrible experience and at around 10 hours it was also a waste of time.

Even if you can persevere with awful games I would still be cautious with this.

I rented this for an easy 1000G what I got was the worst gaming experience ever.

It's not that bad. The bad part is the game breaking bug about half way through. After fighting the wolves you get to a point were you have to run and jump down a path in the air.

Twice I got to that point and the game didn't load the path so you couldn't go forward. If this happens you need to delete your save and start again.

• 4 weeks later...
It's not that bad. The bad part is the game breaking bug about half way through. After fighting the wolves you get to a point were you have to run and jump down a path in the air.

Twice I got to that point and the game didn't load the path so you couldn't go forward. If this happens you need to delete your save and start again.

I agree, its not too bad but the visuals are absolutely horrible.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It comepletely broke on me on the ice level attempting to take on 15 ice demons. When I tried to use fire storm, red columns appeared and I was stuck in the motion of holding my axe in the air unable to do anything else. Not even reloading it worked.

So now its going back in the post and that is the worst rental ever. 340g forever on my profile.

• 7 months later...

I didn't have any issues with playing this game. The only slight trouble I had was the awkwardish controls and demented camera but even got used to that after a while. This is not as bad as its made out to be. It's playable and a very easy 1000G. I've played through some really

Boring and tedious games in my achievement hunting but this game wasn't one of them.

• 1 month later...

I have to disagree. If you're an achievement hunter this game is a great way to add to your score. Yes it's terrible but completion is completely manageable. There are some horrible glitches but I never had anything totally game-breaking except for the first level. I managed to jump through a doorway you have to burn open and got stuck there and had to restart. But after that no more glitches.

Everything about this game certainly does suck but about 5 hours with a guide (I wish I could find a non-video guide mind you) will get you 1000Gs. Now Darkest of Days, that is unplayable mess of a game.

• 9 months later...