Best way to beat the final boss?

I'm having quite a tough time beating Bertram and his T-Rex. Mostly b/c it's not like all of the other boss fights in the game, since the boss' health totally replenishes when you die. What's the best strategy for killing him?

EDIT: Well of course I beat it like 15mins. after I posted this. For the 1st part I went up onto the roof of the store (directly to your right when you start), put a turret behind me by the stairs, and used satchel charges + rocket launcher. For the 2nd part I used the rail gun to take out the rocket launchers (stopping and using the shotgun when ground enemies came near). And for the 3rd part I used the same strategy, rail gun to shoot the cars, shotgun for ground enemies.

Also if you're going for the "Play poorly during the final battle" achievement. IDR how many times I actually died, but it was at least 10 I think. When you die enough times it plays a funny little cutscene saying you lost, but after that it just puts you right back where you were.

Edited by Reel Big Mike

I'm having quite a tough time beating Bertram and his T-Rex. Mostly b/c it's not like all of the other boss fights in the game, since the boss' health totally replenishes when you die. What's the best strategy for killing him?

EDIT: Well of course I beat it like 15mins. after I posted this. For the 1st part I went up onto the roof of the store (directly to your right when you start), put a turret behind me by the stairs, and used satchel charges + rocket launcher. For the 2nd part I used the rail gun to take out the rocket launchers (stopping and using the shotgun when ground enemies came near). And for the 3rd part I used the same strategy, rail gun to shoot the cars, shotgun for ground enemies.

Also if you're going for the "Play poorly during the final battle" achievement. IDR how many times I actually died, but it was at least 10 I think. When you die enough times it plays a funny little cutscene saying you lost, but after that it just puts you right back where you were.

I only died once during the final phase of the last battle and got the Ugly Tastes Terrible achievement and the losing scene.

But as for beating the boss (which you've apparently already figured out) it's not that hard. It tells you what you have to do. The only real 'issue' is doing it when you're being attacked by all the other various Bertram's.

This boss battle was freaking tough. Sheesh. After numerous retries on the first part I pretty much figured it out. Shoot the head as much as you can then when the lasers start shooting run and make your way to another rooftop and repeat, picking up items as you go.

Really lame final battle but w/e

Left of starting point there is a building set back from the road on the right, at the back you can step out of the doorway and the lasers don't get you. I used stewie's rocket launcher and it took forever.

You just have to hit the lasers but it's not very accurate, the big sniper rifle takes them out in 5 shots each side once you buy it.

Stage two was all Brian's auto shotgun, easy

Stage 3, if you stand back where you enter and use the normal sniper no more ground enemies come at you after the first wave

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tips . they helped a lot on this fight:drunk

• 2 weeks later...
This boss battle was freaking tough. Sheesh. After numerous retries on the first part I pretty much figured it out. Shoot the head as much as you can then when the lasers start shooting run and make your way to another rooftop and repeat, picking up items as you go.

Really lame final battle but w/e

Hate to tell you, but you actually didnt figured it out :)

In the first part, aint the head you need to shoot, its the lasers of the t-rex. Go to a rooftop (parking works best for me) and either take stewie and throw a satchel over the t-rex's head and blow it when its going down about where those things are (the closer you get it, the more damage it does). Or brian with the railgun.

Really doesnt take long.

2nd part its both rocket launchers. Best place i found is when t-rex is in front of you, there is a plane wreck to your right, go to the right of it and just stay there. T-rex cant hit you and most of the time you wont even have enemies reaching you.

3rd part, just run and wait for it to pick a car up, then shoot the car.

Easy. :Bounce:

Edited by The Phoenix 097

• 1 month later...

If you're also having trouble you can try hiding underneath the parking garage in the first segment since it guards against most of the T-Rex's attacks and since there's a green medkit by a house next to the garage across from the hotel to stock up on...