HELP "Metal Sonic" achievement not unlocking

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question please don't shoot me down for it

Could someone upload the fixed version of the game to the internet somehow through a USB image?

This seems a bit risky for me. I'm afraid of get banned for this.

We need to press Microsoft of United States to upload the working 1.5gb file back. I'm brazilian, as this game is not sold on Brazil our Microsoft can't do anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't it technically show as a demo if you didn't own the digital rights to it?

This problem is making me mad, and, probably, all users in this thread.

After a basic search, not found anything about this case. Once the user bought the game legally on xbox marketplace, this shouldn't violate the xbox terms of use. So, I'm interested in use a shared 1.5gb file to complete the game.

Off-topic: SA2 achievements are working. I got 100% in the game a few days ago, but I'm still unhappy because we can't get the DLC achievements of SA1...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright so I started the game recently, got about 125 emblems and before I was going to get the other 5 emblems through chao race, I went for the 60 missions instead.

I finished my 60th mission and was sad to see no achievement come up so I immediately went on the forums and saw that it was glitched AND THAT THE METAL SONIC ONE WAS TOO!!!!

I am pretty much not going to even finish the game now. Worse part is that these problems have been going on for a long time now and its 2013 now with no solution.

Very, Very upset.

Although I did do Sonic Adventure 2 and got all of the achievements with no problem so feel free to play that 1

Alright so I started the game recently, got about 125 emblems and before I was going to get the other 5 emblems through chao race, I went for the 60 missions instead.

I finished my 60th mission and was sad to see no achievement come up so I immediately went on the forums and saw that it was glitched AND THAT THE METAL SONIC ONE WAS TOO!!!!

I am pretty much not going to even finish the game now. Worse part is that these problems have been going on for a long time now and its 2013 now with no solution.

Very, Very upset.

Although I did do Sonic Adventure 2 and got all of the achievements with no problem so feel free to play that 1

The worst part is that it WAS fixed. It's a disgrace that they could mess it up again.

• 4 weeks later...

I think at this stage its safe to say SEGA has no intention of providing any further support on this issue. I myself have opened several tickets but they either deny the issue, play it down to a cache/save data issue or claim its already fixed.

So we've tried putting our hopes on SEGA and it hasn't worked. I say its now time to turn to the gaming community. XBLA games are essentially shareware. Handing out copies just gives your friends who don't already own it access to a trial of the game. And as the trial version is freely available, handing out copies of it isn't illegial.

So my suggestion is for someone who has the 1.5gb version to copy the game onto an empty xbox formatted USB stick. Then upload the files on this stick somewhere on the net. The rest of us would copy these files, place them on an empty USB and then plug that USB into our xbox and over-writed the crappy 1.6gb version with the 1.5gb version.

Obviously this solution requires someone from the gaming community with the correct version of the game to step up for us. So lets see if the community is more supportive than SEGA is.

I think at this stage its safe to say SEGA has no intention of providing any further support on this issue. I myself have opened several tickets but they either deny the issue, play it down to a cache/save data issue or claim its already fixed.

So we've tried putting our hopes on SEGA and it hasn't worked. I say its now time to turn to the gaming community. XBLA games are essentially shareware. Handing out copies just gives your friends who don't already own it access to a trial of the game. And as the trial version is freely available, handing out copies of it isn't illegial.

So my suggestion is for someone who has the 1.5gb version to copy the game onto an empty xbox formatted USB stick. Then upload the files on this stick somewhere on the net. The rest of us would copy these files, place them on an empty USB and then plug that USB into our xbox and over-writed the crappy 1.6gb version with the 1.5gb version.

Obviously this solution requires someone from the gaming community with the correct version of the game to step up for us. So lets see if the community is more supportive than SEGA is.

I would do this but i deleted the game, i had the Dreamcast collection version so i no longer needed the game on my hard drive. I would have kept it had i known that this stupid glitch was going to come back.

This probably won't work, the trial version on the marketplace is the working version of the game, but if you download it and try to unlock the full version it has you download the broken one for some weird reason.

What your referring to is the 1.5gb Trial Version, that version only has a trial mode and no full unlock mode, thus why it makes you download the full version when you unlock. I have downloaded that version in a hope the 1.5gb Trial version was connected to the 1.5gb full version released last year, alas it is not. What I want someone to share is the 1.5gb full version, that came out early last year. If someone without the DRM opens it, it'll open in a special trial mode that mimics the Trial Version download, while if you have the DRM it'll open as normal. As I have the DRM for me it'll open in full mode, it won't even have the unlock button on the menu. This will be the case for everyone who has bought it.

I didn't think the Dreamcast Collection version was ever debugged? But its the 1.5gb XBLA version that appeared early in 2012 but dissappeared again around June 2012 that I'm referring to.

Yes i know that's what i was talking about.

I had that 1.5gb file but i deleted it because i didn't think the bug would come up again, another reason i deleted it is because i had the Dreamcast Collection version, also i didn't really need it anymore because i already got the DX achievements. Like i said though, if i knew this problem would come up again i would have kept the 1.5gb version :)

Ah, I just read it wrong. So you ended up buying two copies, the things these companies make us do because of their mistakes. And there is nothing wrong with the assumption that you made, that it would stay fixed, it seems to be one hell of a dumb screw up that its back to being glitched.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a persistant git on this issue with SEGA and finally, after shooting down all the bullshit with counter points, this is what they have responded with:

Ticket #51384: DLC Achievements Not Unlocking Your request (#51384) has been updated:

Sean, Mar 13 12:14 (PDT): Hello James,

We have investigated this issue and due to various reasons a solution for this issue will not be available.

Regards,

Sean S.

SEGA of America

Customer Support

So that's pretty much it with SEGA. I'm still working on a community driven solution to this.

Those are just encrypted files. Basically if you copy those files to another usb stick, you should be able to just plug in the second usb stick into an Xbox and it'll have the contents of the original usb stick. I use this method to back up my game saves to my computer. The only trick is that the second usb stick must be the same size as the original, though you can get round that by using a program called Xtaf that can inject and extract from the encrypted files.

In terms of not wanting to get banned, if you upload the files, only provide the link in private messages. Don't just post it. Microsoft won't care about people passing it to each other, but will care if someone makes it available for mass file sharing for any and all.

Someone has already successfully uploaded to me a Day 1 version of Sonic Adventure which is the oldschool 1.6gb unglitched version. Unfortunately that version seems to have its own DRM to the current version, because it wouldn't launch in full mode for me.

I believe Veedrock thinks this will happen with the 1.5gb unglitched version, and he might be right. But I still think its best to try to find out for sure.

Okay, the verdict is in. I got a copy of the 1.5gb unglitched version. Firstly, its different to the 1.5gb trial version you can download off the marketplace. But I'm afraid it does indeed have its own DRM (Digital Rights). The 1.5gb unglitched version will only launch in demo mode if all you have ever downloaded off the marketplace is the 1.6gb glitched version. If you've previously downloaded the unglitched version, you'll have the DRM attached to your gamertag and you'll be fine.

So as it stands, the only solution is to get your hands on the 1.5gb unglitched version through file transfer from someone who has it, and have a profile on your console that has the DRM for that version.

So annoyed at this, but a big thankyou to everyone who helped me at least to find out this much.

So to summarise. There are 4 versions of the game:

1. Day 1 Unglitched 1.6gb Version. Not on the marketplace and has its own DRM. If you don't have the DRM it won't even launch.

2. Glitched 1.6gb Version. On the marketplace, has its own DRM. Not sure what this version does if you don't have the DRM.

3. Unglitched 1.5gb Version. Not on the marketplace and has its own DRM. If you don't have the DRM its launches in demo mode.

4. 1.5gb Demo Only Version. On the marketplace and doesn't need DRM.

So four different versions of the game, and three different DRM's. SEGA really made a mess of this.

So then, couldn't someone with the DRM create a "community" silver account, that we all could recover?

The two versions are attached to the same license, the problem resides entirely on the marketplace (which is universal). I have the working version of the game but if I try to download it again I get the broken version.

Edited by Veedrock

That can't be true Veedrock. If they're attached to the same license, then why does the 1.5gb unglitched version I've acquired only launch in demo mode? While the 1.6gb glitched version runs in full mode. So I have the licenses for one, not the other. So they must be separate licenses.

By the way, I'm getting a few messages from people wanting the unglitched versions I acquired. I just would like to make it clear as they didn't work for me, I didn't retain any of the versions that I don't have the DRM for. Apologies to anyone who wanted them.

Edited by Daeymon