Is this game hard to get 1000gs in?

LOCKDOWN123

this game is a very hard 1000 points. It requires skill because s-ranking all the acts takes loads of time. It's also a tough game to get used to with its camera angles. I have managed to get 520 in this game and i'm really happy with that. I recommend not getting this game for only 5 days because the achievements take much longer than that.

Unfortunately I kind of agree, kind of disagree. I have 500/1000 and haven't played this game since September. Once I pick back up on this game I will go for the 1000. It's definately manageable, no one should be completely uncapable of gettin 1000. If I'm not mistaken there should still be a video guide on youtube showing you how to S rank EVERY level and get EVERY silver coin for the full 1000. The game has hard concepts but once you get used to it the levels are pretty much all the same.

I can tell you now that Sonic's are the easiest to S rank (at least for me because of his slow down gem giving you a massive time bonus) It's Silver and Shadow that take a little more work.

I'd say they aren't too difficult skill-wise, it's just the fact it take a long period of time. The game's loading times do not help. Now I've only got about 440 gs in the game so far and I haven't played for ages, but Night of Kronos seems to be the hardest one for me to get as it's quite hard to S rank the last level. I can see it taking more than 5 days in some cases.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

load times, glitches, controls, voice acting, music= Bad in this game, if sega updates them all come back to it, i love sonic to death (former world speedrunning champ of sonic adventure- (1/12/05-6/29/05) but this game only ruins what that game stood for, fantastic controls(nope) kickass music(nope) and decent camera angles(not even decent)

• 3 weeks later...

Well the game got Hardest Action 1000 in the 07/08 achievement awards on this site if that means anything.

To get 1k you need lots of patience (to get around a few of the game issues), you probably need to like the game to some extent, :p and will require a lot of skill/memorisation for getting S ranks and finishing some of the hard mode levels. Then there's just ever so time consuming medal collecting.

Fun game imo and I enjoyed getting the achievements but I realise it's not for everyone. :)

Edited by Rodni Demental

• 3 weeks later...

o_0 That is a very good question...

It was about a month from unlocking the first achievement to unlocking the last achievement but as far as that goes, i slowed right down towards the end going days without playing (silver medals are not fun). I'm gonna say it was around the 30-50 hour mark.

Thing is it could vary so much, depending on your ability to unlock the S ranks and how long it takes you to collect the medals (text guides/no guides/official guide with pics etc.)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to be honest: I only have 270/1000 on this game, and I got it the summer after I got my system (2007). This is one of the few games that I beat the main storyline and pretty much quit playing. I'm usually an achievement whore, but the loading times for this game were enough to make me never want to play it again. I really want to get more than 300GS on this game, but I can't make myself go back and play it for the simple fact that I know the loading times eat up 75% of the playing time I will end up investing. Plus, if I fail at whatever I am attempting, I have to sit through more loading screens. I have more to do than sit at a game that I'm not even able to play for a good three quarters of the time...

• 1 month later...

Wow, after over a couple of years I picked the game back up. Working on S ranking Shadow's first then Silver followed by silver coins to 1k it. I'm shocked that so many people are saying it's THAT hard. My tip for anyone that's seriously struggling is watch the Youtube vids and copy. If you look at some of DarkSpinesSonic vids, he has a lot of helpful little glitches to speed things up. Basically what I find is that enemies are much more reliable than times and rings. If boxes are in your path of travel, go ahead and break as many as you can, sure they are small points but every point counts. If you watch a video first, you can see every tricky part and it will save you many many run throughs.

The only factor that seems to stop me after watching these videos are just your usual glitches. (I was at Kingdom Valley and Shadow homing attacked a switch but after that he stopped in midplace and fell to his death even after I hit A) Stuff like that...

Edit: Oh ya and as for hard mode not much really changes except for a few different obstacles in the way and more enemies which spells out more points. Just watch the regular videos and be a little cautious for new traps.

Edit 2: Alright a day later and I have S ranked all of Shadows stuff besides town missions and I have 3 more full levels (both medium and hard) for Silver. After that and Shadow's town missions I am done! Well I also need Silver Medals but with guides that's easy. Just a tip guys, to S rank a level, kill enemies and don't die. I promise that's all it truly takes. For Silver, his Jungle level is the only one that's kind of tight on points if you don't know where to go. If you watch on Youtube it's easier. Besides that I've S ranked everything first try. Just be careful but kill enemies fast.

Edited by IceKingz

• 2 weeks later...

I got Legend of Soleana today! Finally finished up Silver's story and Shadow's town missions after CoD WAW x2 XP was over. There was ONE level that was pretty agrivating for me and that was Silver's Kingdom Valley. Everything else was pretty easy taking 1 (2 max) tries. His level wasn't neccessarily hard EXCEPT the battle at the end is tricky if you don't play defensively. I died there twice from rushing in and those stupid yellow robots will scatter your rings off the map before you get up. Watch DarkSpineSonic's video on Youtube for anyone struggling on that level as he takes massive short cuts.

• 2 months later...
Wow, after over a couple of years I picked the game back up. Working on S ranking Shadow's first then Silver followed by silver coins to 1k it. I'm shocked that so many people are saying it's THAT hard. My tip for anyone that's seriously struggling is watch the Youtube vids and copy. If you look at some of DarkSpinesSonic vids, he has a lot of helpful little glitches to speed things up. Basically what I find is that enemies are much more reliable than times and rings. If boxes are in your path of travel, go ahead and break as many as you can, sure they are small points but every point counts. If you watch a video first, you can see every tricky part and it will save you many many run throughs.

The only factor that seems to stop me after watching these videos are just your usual glitches. (I was at Kingdom Valley and Shadow homing attacked a switch but after that he stopped in midplace and fell to his death even after I hit A) Stuff like that...

Edit: Oh ya and as for hard mode not much really changes except for a few different obstacles in the way and more enemies which spells out more points. Just watch the regular videos and be a little cautious for new traps.

Edit 2: Alright a day later and I have S ranked all of Shadows stuff besides town missions and I have 3 more full levels (both medium and hard) for Silver. After that and Shadow's town missions I am done! Well I also need Silver Medals but with guides that's easy. Just a tip guys, to S rank a level, kill enemies and don't die. I promise that's all it truly takes. For Silver, his Jungle level is the only one that's kind of tight on points if you don't know where to go. If you watch on Youtube it's easier. Besides that I've S ranked everything first try. Just be careful but kill enemies fast.

i agree.

the game isnt that hard. it does require patience and skill however. i only just started working towards the sran k achievements for sonic and i already have the first 3 levels done on both normal and hard.

the whol time i focused on killing everylast enemy i cam across (on white acroplys its best to LET the sear ch lights find you so u have more enemies to kill for more points) and other than that dont die and end the game with the most rings u can. rings dont matter a whole lot if u kill enough enemies but it will help alot in the long run especially if u fall short with enemies.

but enemies are the big focus of nearly all the s ranks.

my only issue right now is crisis city. i'll have it perfect up to the part with the speed run, all of a sudden those cars just land on me no matter what i do. im still working on that part.

• 2 months later...

Don't try this game if you are going for casual Sonic funziez. I was hoping to just kick ass as Sonic and Shadow and throw in Tails every once in a while and to see who this Silver dude was... but I don't have near the patience to even beat the first level in that superfast mode... This game has been removed from my house and has made me weary about ever trying a "new" Sonic game.

• 2 weeks later...

I manage to get 1K, like 2 years ago, but that was because I'm a Sonic hard core fan, and that's why I manage to find patience on it.

If you really want to get 1000/1000, I'll share with you my technique. Watch YouTube videos to see how to get S Ranks on stages. You can't die, on the exception of Crisis city with Sonic, I think. Anyway you'll naturally get the hang of it, learn the stages and from your mistakes. You'll dominate the stage in no time giving you the S Rank on every stage with every character.

There are some videos telling you the locations of the Silver Medals as well. Well that's all, good luck, and now that I think about it there are harder games to achive the 1000/1000, so don't let the game intimidate you :).

Ahh, one more thing, be really careful with Kingdom Valley with Sonic on both normal & hard :eek:. This is the most difficult & gimmick stage in the whole Sonic history. Things get worse when you can't die, and even worse when if you die in the final running section that's so gimmick as well, you'll have to restart the stage all over :(.