Easy Co-op Campaign method

Chuppernicus

I've been playing over live with my buddy. We started playing Co-op over live about 1/2 through the missions. We choose cooperative and campaign not co-op campaign. I had about 4 missions to go with my buddy. I did however have saved files from my single player game.

I started up cooperative split-screen and loaded up a save file near the end of the mission on the military base. I signed in my wife and finished the mission. She popped the gas achievement as soon as the game started and we haven't even blown the door with C4 to get the general yet. Then she popped the complete one co-op campaign achievement after the mission ends. So I went thru the other 4 missions I needed and beat them with my wife and popped the complete the whole campaign achievement. My wife even picked up the Lang Time dead Achievement I earned because she was Lang during the co-op mission.

Long story short, you can save right before the end of the missions then finish the mission like normal. Then go in to split screen co-op and finish the mission. Both tags will get credit for beating the mission on co-op plus any mission specific achievements that you earned during your single player run.

Good times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Wait a minute...u can save ur game in an online coop game? What? My friend and I have been going through the levels in one play through without dying. And we can save? We thought how bullshit is this no checkpoints on this game. Can u please explain a little more? I feel like a complete idiot

The co-op setup is confusing, no need to feel like an idiot. It is BS that there are no checkpoints. At least give us one. But anyway.... You weren't missing anything. If my above post was unclear on that , sorry. You can NOT save mid game when playing 2 players over live. You can save mid game in single player. (Something I recommend to get the harder achievements.) Many of the levels can be done Co-op without dieing quite easily but others were just downright crazy when trying to get certain achievements like Deal Breaker. (A nightmare)

I am unsure if the 2nd player, non host, can save his game and be able to go back to the missions you played in co-op. I know I could as the host. I would load up one of those saves and burn through the mission to get the single player achievements I needed and also to save right at the end to load up split screen co-op. For the few times I didn't have a save file for a mission i just played through the level and started the one I needed.

So to answer your question, NO you can't save wherever you want in co-op over live. Even when I loaded up the save right before the end of the game it launched the beginning of the mission over live. On split-screen local co-op I was able to load up the in game save at the end.

I'm curious about the 2nd player and whether he/she can save as well after each mission and be able to go play or replay missions on his or her own after beating them in co-op over live. My buddy had his head in his ass and didn't save I guess so he was unable to play on his own in single player the missions we beat together.

My suggestion would be to play with your buddy until it is no longer fun and then finish the game yourself in single player and split screen co-op using the method above. Hope this helps if not just clarify a bit more and I'll see what I can do. Send me a message over live as I dont stop here too often now that school started. I dont have the game anymore.

Cheers

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...