offline mode.....?

crimzontearz

can someone, if they have the faintest idea, tell me how much of the game I can play offline? Is there anything in the game that REQUIRES playing with others? will there be parts designed to be complete cooperatively and thus borderline impossible to complete alone? will I be able to lock people out of my game while remaining online (Ala RE6) or will I have to just unplug my Xbox from the net?

yes I am a grump and do not like playing with others :p

can someone, if they have the faintest idea, tell me how much of the game I can play offline? Is there anything in the game that REQUIRES playing with others? will there be parts designed to be complete cooperatively and thus borderline impossible to complete alone? will I be able to lock people out of my game while remaining online (Ala RE6) or will I have to just unplug my Xbox from the net?

yes I am a grump and do not like playing with others :p

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=491989

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=497552

Watch the video interviews: you're not required to play with others. You can play alone.

Edited by hoyrpen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually this is starting to bug the everliving crap out of me

I REALLY want to love Destiny but I find the attitude of a lot of gamers to be utterly hypocritical. Microsoft announces the Xbox One will need a once in 24 hours online check....pitchforks are sharpened and torches are lit. Bungie says that they want Destiny to cater to all players preferences (including people who want to experience the game solo) BUT you need to be ALWAYS ONLINE and you have to have a gold account or PS plus to play it...no one bats an eyelash and the few dissenting people are drowned with "deal with it" comments.

Furthermore, while still saying they want to cater to people who prefer playing solo Bungie still has to CONFIRM 100% that there is a way for us to ABSOLUTELY be able to avoid any an all co op contact (read, the option to not see or hear from other players at ALL minus the optional shared events you just have to avoid physically) and the fact they keep calling this a shared world does not bode well. Also, they pretty much said that the game is less fun alone (I would LOVE to know what they mean by that) and that some events will be too hard or nearly impossible to do alone thus borderline making certain content accessible solely to people who do co op which also means that solo players will miss out on content.

And still very few people say even a word about that

So....WTF, why is it that if you, bungie, are trying to cater to the mood of exclusively solo playing gamers you are making it painfully clear that we are NOT your target audience?

And why in hell is the constant online connection required (unless you are making heavy use of cloud computing) as you guys stated before that your build was playable offline? (they made a comment about internet connection dropping in their building and being bummed because other players were not showing).

I know they are small complaints but in principle they really REALLY tick me off.

Edited by crimzontearz