Achievement Guide and Roadmap

drx86

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/651/UPi7fi4=.jpgLots of Bok-Bok 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg Beat down 15 enemies

Beating down an enemy are the parts where you perform hand to hand combat with an enemy and have to push the right button sequences. This will unlock around level 8 or 9.

I just beat level 9 and this has not unlocked. Anyone have any thoughts?

EDIT: Nevermind, guess I should've read the other posts. May be a good idea to change the guide.

Great guide though, thank you for this.

EDIT2: Yup, as stated above, I finished the game, I used level select back to level 1, did the first button sequence and the achievement popped.

getting this game soon thank you for this...

I hope you mean "renting this game soon". I really wish I didn't buy it. I've never rented a game though, every game on my played list I own or did own and traded in. Pretty stupid for a lot of games that I've played to have bought them.

Edited by DemonI81

I just have a question about the Natural Resistance achievement.

can't you just play every level and not get killed by an infected?

like if you die in say level 10 at the temple part, can u just restart that level from the beginning and try not to die from the infected a second time around?

I just have a question about the Natural Resistance achievement.

can't you just play every level and not get killed by an infected?

like if you die in say level 10 at the temple part, can u just restart that level from the beginning and try not to die from the infected a second time around?

If you die, hit the guide button and back out to the dash. Restart the game, continue game. You'll start from the last checkpoint you hit and your death wont count.

I died 3 times on easy. Twice at the part where you must protect your men while they arm charges, (I failed to protect them twice because I was screwing around). The other time I died was in level 7 I believe, the one where you are captured. After walking through the fence that blows open there's a button sequence scene, the game glitched and never gave me the option to hit the buttons, I just died.

On a side note, this is the ONLY glitch I ran into in the entire game. I wish the same could be said for CoD: WaW and Gears 2.

i can't get the achievemtn "gun slinger". i played the first level on easy twice. but nothing. first i used the knive and the pistols and on the second playthrough i used pistols and grenades. where is my mistake? what did i do wrong?

so finally i got the 1000 yay

at the gunslinger achiev with pistol only dont use the mg and grenades.. it will not unlock if u do!

my mistake was that i used the fucking mg in mission 1 to defend the bridge near the school. thx mate!

Note: This is my first post and Guide.

Roadmap Shellshock 2: Blood Trails

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10

-Offline: 40 (1000 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg )

-Online: 0 (0 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg )

-Approximate amount of time to 1000 : 8-10 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2

-Number of missable achievements: 1, see down below

-Glitched achievements: None!

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats!

This game is very easy and if you follow the road map and guide you should have no difficulty achieving all of the achievements

Welcome to the Shellshock 2: Blood Trails Roadmap! I’m happy to report that there are no glitched achievements in this game and that the full 1000 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg can be easily achieved under 10 hours. The minimal number of playthroughs unfortunately is 2 due the achievement Can’t Quit You (Complete the game twice). There are 3 difficulties to play this game and each one unlocks an achievement. Luckily for us the achievements are stackable so I suggest you start playing the game on Hard difficulty.

Once you completed the game on Hard you should have all the achievements but two worth a total of 950 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg. Playing the game a second time on Easy will net you the last two achievements within 2 hours of gameplay:

Natural Resistance (Complete the game without being killed by an Infected 35 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg )

Can’t Quit You (Complete the game Twice, 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg )

Now some general tips for completing the game on Hard:

It is nog going to be a breeze but most certainly not as frustrating as for example CoD Veteran. More like CoD Hard on some points in the game.

First of all go to settings and adjust the brightness to a level where you can actually see something. I did this halfway through the game after being sick of being killed by Infected/VC who came out of the blue (dark). This made the game a LOT easier as you now can see the enemy coming and can find your way a lot faster without the Infected/VC bothering you.

As you probably played the game on Medium before trying it on Hard you will already know where to go and where to find the so much needed ammo.

Only try to shoot headshots only as these kill the enemy in 1 or 2 shots where the upper torso of an Infected takes 6 shots. Shooting this way will conserve you a lot of ammo witch you’ll definitely need and net you the Caca Dau achievement (score 15 decapitating head shots) within 3 missions.

Make good use of your grenades as you can find them quite often in big numbers. If you’re having trouble in a certain spot where you’re overrun with Infected or VC try to find yourself a bottleneck where you can take out big numbers with grenades. Using the bottleneck method also helps a lot while shooting because you’ll only have to focus on one area. You will be most surely shooting head shots only this way. Find yourself a spot where you can place your back towards a corner or focus your fire on a doorway for instance. This way you can not be attacked in the back

Does the killing of a lot enemy not work and do you have the feeling they are spawning indefinitely? They probably are! Sometimes the best way to clear a certain section in the game is to just take a dash towards your objective. Great example is the section on mission 5 where you’ll have to go in the temple after being gassed by the enemy. The enemy will spawn indefinitely here so screw them and just take a wild dash towards the temple. As soon as you hit the top of the stairs you’ll hit a cut scene.

In mission 9 after you have reached the tempel (drop the shotgun and pick up the M16) you will climb up some stairs and enter a room with a Gasmask-and-two-blades Infected enemie. Unload your ammo on his head and use the ammo on the ground that way so you'll get the most out of it. That means not picking up any boxes if your current ammo is, let say, 30/67 but wait for the last 30 bullets and then get a box. This area is small, his attack range is big so make good use of the small corridor where you'll face one normal Infected. Unload a clip in his head, run past him into the corridor, kill the Infected and reload. As he comes down the corridor unload another clip and run past him back into the room. This will give you the so much needed time to reload and recover.

My last tip is for the last section of level 10. Find yourself a M60 and keep this gun! You might run out of ammo through the level but you will find ammo where you need it the most. That is the last section of this level! Conserve your ammo and only try to shoot headshots otherwise you will be overrun (Bookoo Hostiles here!). Using the bottleneck method works great on this section.

Goodluck!

cheers 4 the tips drx86 good job mate goin to boomerang this game next week thanks again

Did the OP just post this then disappear? Just wondering if the "Lots of Bok Bok" achievement is going to be changed since several people confirmed the guide to be wrong.

Mine did unlock around level 8/9, maybe your "pro" and didn't die as much as i did and you didn't had to replay some parts and it unlocked in your second playthrough. Eighterway it doesn't matter, it will unlock eventually.

only thing i can say about this game is you dont need a fucking guide, jesus christ read the achievement description then do it

WOW!!!!!!! Shoot, if all you have to do is read the achievement description we might as well close down the entire site! I never ONCE thought about that, I mean why would anyone want a guide to maybe do certain achievements a little faster or easier than the ALMIGHTY achievement description says?

Well, it's been fun everyone. Maybe when the Xbox 720 launches and has achievements that don't have descriptions, we can do relaunch this site. It's been real!

WOW!!!!!!! Shoot, if all you have to do is read the achievement description we might as well close down the entire site! I never ONCE thought about that, I mean why would anyone want a guide to maybe do certain achievements a little faster or easier than the ALMIGHTY achievement description says?

Well, it's been fun everyone. Maybe when the Xbox 720 launches and has achievements that don't have descriptions, we can do relaunch this site. It's been real!

:woop: QFT

• 2 weeks later...