Lost Planet 2: Your Thoughts Thus Far.

HeavenSoldier

As the title mildly suggests, what do you think of the demo and how the game will turn out? or have you found a few things of interest or caution that you feel we might be better off knowing about? Well, I got one good thing to start with besides the generic: this game is awesome (cause it is)

Note: I am aware that the below text is not a solid fact about the game itself since it is customizable, however these are presets for the demo since you cannot customize in the demo...god i suck with wording sometimes...Warning: There be spoilers more-or-less per-se, so if you don't want to get surprised at some of the stuff added etc, don't bother reading...sorry?...

When playing there are 4 players but what isn't noticeable at first is that each gets their own weapon set or unique weapon the others don't get.

Player1: standard, the most basic character with no special access and only has the basic weapons and can seem boring because of that. Seriously being stuck to basic does get boring after a while, and he really is kinda limited.

Player2: The first of the unique. Number 2 is a character that focuses on pistols. At the first post you come to you can find both of his unique weapons: the Revolver, his substitute for a shotgun, which can reach a 200 ammo cap (maybe more i didn't fully check) and the Hand Cannon which is basically a hand-held rocket per-se.

Player3: Not too much unique about 3 except for his pimp-kickin' starting gun the 'Gun Sword'...go ahead and use a melee attack combo with it, maybe fire off a few rounds, I'll wait...yeah it's cool but for him that's about it, oh and i think he gets a unique grenade, but i'll check that later.

Player4: The most unique weapon set, even more than 2. 3 gets at the first post, a Flamethrower and a Plasma Cannon, the energy variant of the sniper (both use energy), he also gets a special grenade called the 'Buster' grenade which explodes into a lot of little bombs for a very big AoE grenade explosion...Oh and with the flamethrower, do watch your fire cause you can kill yourself quite easily...

Misc: There's a regeneration grenade available to one of the characters but I forgot which one, I think it's 4...also, for those who didn't know yet, to sprint you hold B, repeatedly press A to swim in the deep water instead of drowning (trust me, drowning sucks), there's a flashlight on the left/right D-pad also...

Oh and one more thing (again) what do you all think the '?' boxes are? I would place my money on a game unlock when it comes out just like Bad Company did...and finally, on the opposite cliff from where you start there is a new rifle called the "injection" gun, which when fired at a teammate can boost their player stats, I don't know what it fully does but I have noticed it helps you to not die as fast.

I never knew about the different weapos for each players since I have only been the first player, but in regards to the regeneration greande I think that is for player 2 since my friend picked one up and I never saw one.

All I can tell from the (?) boxes are that they add to your score and your rank fro the mission.

First impressions are very good, loving the graphics, the gameplay and the new ideas that have been implemented into the game, such as having teamates on teh sides of some VS's.

The only thing that I am not struck on is the outline that surrounds the dataposts. Hopefully their will be an option to turn this off, if their isn't already one.

I also noticed that the follwing notices add to your overall score.

? box found (bronze)

5 ? box streak (silver)

10 ? box streak (gold)

10 AK streak (bronze)

20 AK streak (silver)

1 leg destroyed (bronze)

3 legs destroyed (silver)

And also that

2000 points= C rank

3000 points= B rank

4000 points= A rank

5000 points= S rank

Edit: Also discovered

Narrow Victory (silver) (less than 1500 battle gauge)

Complete Victory (gold) (no deaths)

Discover inner core (steel)

All data posts activated (gold)

Edited by CunningFox

@Haze: yeah i kinda found that out just a while ago, been meaning to re-update this.

As for some more small facts...the hand cannon caps at 24, player3 has incendiary grenades at the start, and when using the injection gun, press B to switch to defense. On the injection gun, it really makes a difference, for example using a defense shot (the blue one) it's really hard to die and you take very minor damage, and when using the damage booster (the red) it doubles your damage, for example a single clip of machine gun gets real close to blowing off one leg, by yourself. I would venture to say the time limit on the injection gun buffs are probably around 5 minutes, maybe a bit shorter but they do last a long time.

getting some good things going so far that should help in the full game, like Cunning's facts about point score and such...right now the only thing that is pointless in the full game is the specific weapon sets per player, because of the customization in the full game.

Edited by HeavenSoldier

On the injection gun, it really makes a difference, for example using a defense shot (the blue one) it's really hard to die and you take very minor damage, and when using the damage booster (the red) it doubles your damage, for example a single clip of machine gun gets real close to blowing off one leg, by yourself. I would venture to say the time limit on the injection gun buffs are probably around 5 minutes, maybe a bit shorter but they do last a long time.

I don't know about that.. I was fighting the guy on my own again before (lagouts..), and I picked up the Injection Gun and used it on myself, which you can do by shooting at the ground below you. I think you can have both offence and defence on you, as I had blue swirls and red swirls going around me. Anyway, I had a Gattling Gun and fired an entire clip into the guys' leg and it didn't fall off.

Maybe the gun is buffed depending on how many people are alive..? I don't know, but I know I had offence on and his leg still didn't go.

My thoughts?

WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!WANT!

Haha, I never played the first one wasn't sure what to expect and it's exactly what I love!

Can't wait, definately gonna preorder if there's a Limited Edition.

The demo was absolute fun. I especially liked the machines that can pick up different sources of weapons (rocket launcher, mini-gun, plasma cannon, powerful shotgun) for the vehicle. I never got the part where you go inside his stomach. Does it hurt him if you shoot the bubble things and spiders? I liked it can't wait 'till it's out.

I myself love the overall co-op gameplay, but I just wonder if Wayne and the original characters will return for the sequel.

No the story for this one is different, instead of a main character like wayne, it will be your character which can be customized any way you want, meaning you can change your gear like your coat and t-eng pack design. So no, i don't think there will be a main character but it would be nice if they still showed up i suppose.

Edit: I should probably put this elsewhere but I don't think many people would mind all that much...anyways, after visiting a local gamestore(s) I found by reading an updated date book that the release date for LP2 isn't until February 23rd.

Edited by HeavenSoldier

The addition of the "hold Y to pick up" confuses the hell outta me. I know it's an improvement, but I'm just so used to B being the all purpose button. I also like the new sounds of the guns, more 'oomph'. So far so good.

I hope there's a MP Demo in the works. :Bounce:

Might I direct you all so a thread put up by a Lost Planet 2 moderator? of which he wrote an extensive list on a number of hints in the demo...like did you know the small knight-looking (GAH-42BS) could punch besides throw grenades? and dash?! link below for your convenience

http://www.capcom-unity.com/lost_planet/go/thread/view/44251/18798706/Demo_helpful_hints

• 4 months later...
No the story for this one is different, instead of a main character like wayne, it will be your character which can be customized any way you want, meaning you can change your gear like your coat and t-eng pack design. So no, i don't think there will be a main character but it would be nice if they still showed up i suppose.

Edit: I should probably put this elsewhere but I don't think many people would mind all that much...anyways, after visiting a local gamestore(s) I found by reading an updated date book that the release date for LP2 isn't until February 23rd.

too bad it got delayed. total bs

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

all i can say is they have gone out on all the stops with this game to make it bigger and better everything so far is awesome right down to the sound of the gun however im abit skeptical whether the storyline will live up to the original