anyone else thinks the difficulty is disappointed?

goldboy76

I must be really bad at this game. The final level where you have to jump from pipe to pipe following that little dude (sorry, I'm not a rayman fan so I don't know the character names) was rock hard for me. What got me was no achievement for finishing the game, I can't recall ever feeling so deserving for any other platform game ever! Going back now to complete the medallions, I won't get far I feel, but its fun none-the-less!

• 2 weeks later...

I love this game. Just got the full Gamerscore and it was such an unexpected surprise how much I enjoyed it.

I was disappointed with the final level (as in the boss chase) as it seemed easy HOWEVER, Livid Dead, a fair few of the time trials and even just collecting 300 Lums on some levels was quite difficult..I think a fair balance..

If you're playing with Kids you can play through easily enough but collecting everything can get pretty hardcore!

Moody Clouds. They will fuck you up. It's rather insane how much the difficulty spikes when you get there. Also don't forget the complete bullshit that is the Tricky Treasure's. So much trial and error that is hampered by the games floaty controls and weird jump sensitivity. Or maybe its just my A button.

Moody Clouds. They will fuck you up. It's rather insane how much the difficulty spikes when you get there. Also don't forget the complete bullshit that is the Tricky Treasure's. So much trial and error that is hampered by the games floaty controls and weird jump sensitivity. Or maybe its just my A button.

No, it's not just your A button. A lot of the jumps in the treasure runs are very particular.

• 3 weeks later...

Some levels are very hard, like the chases, one little mistake and you are out but, it has something that you want to keep tryin'.

Sure, first 5 scenarios are like a piece of cake, then you have a boss, other there, and some levels are to insult all the developers for designing that hell of a platform but, it is fun, and challenging

• 4 months later...

I got the 200/200 in Super Meat Boy and N+ which I consider to be two of the toughest platformers out there. But I'm struggling with this game. In some ways I find it harder than the two above. I guess the time trials are what I find hard. I haven't even got to Livid Dead yet. I think this game is more frustrating (which I never thought possible after N+ & SMB) probably due to the levels being longer & going after all the items messes you up.

I was fully prepared to get the 1000 in this game before starting it, but I am pretty much over that. It was a struggle just to get 5 speed trophies for me. I guess I'll get the last few skull teeth and attempt the Livid Dead and see what happens.

Edited by rockhopper

I played the game and I'm in world 6 and I didn't see 1 level where I think "Wow what a hard level!"

What about you?

Seriously? Seriously... I find the extra level on cod4 on veteran to be way easier than the last areas on Rayman, fuck it even SMB is easier. I have never raged this much. It's made me hate this game; and I loved it at first, recommended it to my friends, wrote funny comments on YouTube about some hidden cages or about some charmingly hard to get skull teeth. My plan was for me to complete it after a week, maybe two; I would get all the achievements after a bit of struggle but nothing too challenging, and certainly not as life-threatening as it's turned out (it's a 4/10 after all). I would go on some website to praise the game, maybe sell it once I've completely finished it and certainly recommend it to everyone who asked.

Alas, how the best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry. I literally despise it now and strongly believe it is the embodiment of everything that is evil in this godforsaken world. In a few short days it has turned me into a cynical, sleep deprived lunatic. I can no longer escape it, when I am not miserably failing at the game, the red lums music plays over and over again in my head. The few hours of sleep I have at night, I dream of the limbless, sadistic protagonist raping me and raping everything I love. I can feel my life force dwindling, what little energy I have left I muster to hate that game. I no longer eat, I no longer masturbate, this game has consumed me. I hate the fucking level designs, I hate the retarded looking enemies, I hate the most infuriating music known to man (that I'm now forced to mute) and most of all I hate Rayman and that stupid fucking grin he has all the time. Fuck him, what's he so happy about, he keeps exploding, the masochistic prick.

This really isn't a 4. I've completed games with double or more the difficulty level that didn't take me half as long or cost me so much in frustration. So how much do you think it should be rated, you ask condescendingly with your fancy 1000g. Well in my humble opinion, on a scale from 1 to batshit insanity, this wouldn't even figure on it. Every copy should be burned, every trace of it erased and every French speaking person banned from ever making a game again. I truly and genuinely believe this is the worst game to have ever come out and the only thing even more terrifying than what I've had to live through is the thought that once I'm done, I'll have to go through all of it again to get the speed medals. Screw you, Michel Ancel, screw you and the Monegasque tower you sit on.

Sent from the rope I'm hanging from.

Game is very hard at the later levels. Playing the first time on Land of the Livid Dead wants you to take a plane and go to frunch to punch Michel Ancel's face, literally, but, with some time you know how the levels are and get it better.

The first time I had to finish LOTLD I spent more than 3 hours to do it. The second time (cause we were playing different games, my daughter's and mine) it took me around half an hour.

C'mon, it is not as hard, it is a matter of practice. My six years old daughter can grab all the teeth minus the last one by herself (sure, she has a LOT of time to practice, fail and retry)

• 2 weeks later...

Ill agree there are a few tough moments in the game. Some of the speed runs I found myself tying the exact time. But it's a trial and error game if you want to complete all the achievements. I found it satisfying to finally finish the Nitro achievement and now I'm just on mopping up a couple more levels to get the 300 electoons.

I don't think the game is all that hard. It just takes a little patience to learn the levels. Believe it or not the hardest time trial I faced was Crazy Bouncing in the Desert of Dijiridoos.

EDIT: Reached the Land of the Livid Dead level yesterday. Cleared it in 40 minutes with company over distracting me. Again, this game is just trial-and-error with a large number of checkpoints and infinite lives. I'm not trying to offend anybody but this game is nowhere near as hard as some people are making it out to be, it just requires patience.

Edited by The Carrot Cake Kid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Seriously? Seriously...

Agreed. I've been playing games for over 30 years and this one is TOUGH. Just clearing a stage isn't particularly difficult but the speed runs and collecting 350 electoons on every level is very difficult. It's about a 3/10 to get to 500 or so achievement points but a 9/10 to get the rest, IMO. Great great game because even though it is so hard I know I can do it with "one. more. try."

• 6 months later...
The real 'challenge' in the game comes from completing it fully, which is kind of the whole point. If you're just playing through the levels and not worrying about all the Time Trials, Electoons or Skull Teeth then it's not too tricky.

Agreed. And that's the case for almost every game and a solid way of balancing one-difficulty games. "Want more challenge? Do more challenges!"

• 4 months later...

The later levels offer more of a challenge, and was very satisfying to punch the chest at the end of the later skull teeth levels. The final boss was a bit disappointing after the rest of the level, but overall the game is very good.

• 2 months later...

The game wasn't terribly difficult. But I won't pretend it wasn't difficult at all, because that wouldn't be true, and it wouldn't help anyone reading this forum to brag. It gets challenging. It's no Super Meat Boy, honestly, but neither can it be easily completed. The best reference I can think of would be Crash Bandicoot: Warped. There's a variety of gameplay, and some of the parts are genuinely hard, but for the most part, the game wants you to have fun.

• 3 weeks later...