Is it just me or does this game deserve to be hit by a scud missile

SPRAYandPREYcom

Never played any of the versions on geneses or snes or what ever system it was on but truly find this game the sultan of sucks hairy camel balls...

Walk to the ledge = Fall off the ledge

Move one step = Move 4 steps

Try to hang off of the ledge = Fall off the ledge

Parry and attack = get hit by guard

Attack same time as guard = get hit by guard

Hold A to parry = 25% chance it wont register it

Walk to ledge = Run off ledge fall to death

Walk to ledge to climb down = Fall off ledge

Walk to ledge = does suicide barrel roll off the ledge

Sorry game just dosent live up to the hype i read about it only good for a rainy day make that stormy day make that blizzardy day make that hurricane 5 katrina day ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think this game controls well for the most part, though I agree the combat could have been a little more refined. I've never accidentally walked off a ledge... if I remember correctly holding RB will have the Prince walk one step at a time. If you walk to a ledge/blade trap, the Prince will stop right in front of either. You need to make him move in order to go forward again.

If you're saying that walking and then trying to go down a ledge means you roll, you're running and not walking.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Its hard at first but you get used to it. Also, get a bigger and better vocabulary. Camel Balls? Really? Also WTF is a scud missle? You could at least use real words when being immature.

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=scud+missile

While I agree with you that there are many many more suitable ways to describe something besides referring to a camels sack. How is Scud Missile not real words?

• 1 month later...

SPRAYandPREYcom = noob

Slow and steady = Game is fun and easy. I see nothing wrong with the controls. You must be lacking skill or judgement in your head. Take it slow and sh*t instead of rushing it. If you were in a room full of traps you would be cautious. I enjoyed the game.

Edited by BLQQDCQRE

• 3 months later...

It's a really good game, of course not a classic platformer. You just hadn't got patience to get familiar with the controls, they are fine. Anyway, the original PC version controls much worse. I'm curious what would you say about that if you ever played with it. :)

• 1 year later...

It was a classic in its day (20 odd years ago), the controls do seem a little unforgiving incompaired with present day titles, but after an hour or so , i found the main problem wasnt the "platforming" but the near impossible combat system,seriously, it may just be me but it seems so random , ill never get the survival mode achievement.

I too find the controls unacceptable. However I am getting better. I find that you have to retrain yourself and you can't play it like you would SUper Mario Brothers. Don't try and combine jumping, running, climbing, etc. For example, if you want to jump across a pit, take it in two parts..

1) WALK to the edge

2) HOLD both the direction and jump button

In most other platormers you'd just jump while moving, but its too unreliable in this game. If you stop then its more responsive.

• 1 month later...

This game frustrates me. This is coming from somebody who owned the original and the sequel on the PC/SNES and beat them on both.

Everything seems a 1/2 second behind, with regard to controls. I managed to figure it out for the jumping, but the combat...I swear it's totally borked.

Could somebody give me some advice? I'll press A to block and 3/4 of the time it won't register. If they block and counter, there is no way I can block in time (like the on screen prompt says), it'll just kill me. Is there some secret to this combat that I am totally missing?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...