Unofficial list of Stewards

Annihil88torr

Lets make this easy guys. Lets compile a grand list and help each-other out ok? I want this to be seen so we dont have 30+ threads asking about individual people. Ill update as i get more info.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1409356-unofficial-list-of-stewards/

Confirmed to work :

-Agmaer from the Dawnguard

-Beleval from dawnguard (bosmer )

-Lydia

-Jordis the swordmaiden

-Sven from Riverwood

-Faendal (boself )

-vilkas

-aela

-Uthgerd the unbroken

-Eola from Markarth

-Erik the slayer (not sure on this one i have two different answers)

-Illia

-Brelyna Maryon?

-Durak (from Dawnguard)

-Annekke Crag Jumper (Marry Sylgja and your mother-in-law can live with you

-Ingjard from the Dawnguard

Confirmed to not work:

-Serana

-cicero

-dark brotherhood initiates

-benor

-Kharjo

-Janessa

-Erandur

-Mjoll the Lioness

-Borgakh the Steel Heart

-Argis the Bulwark

-Aranea (the priestess of Azura)

-ahtar

-farkas

-stenvar

Edited by Annihil88torr

If you become Thane in the three holds that contain the new DLC houses, you automatically are given a housecarl. New characters for the DLC.

Once at the house, they can become the steward. Then you'll be able to get the 3 new carriage drivers and bards that are new with the DLC.

Heljarchen housecarl --- Gregor

Lakeview housecarl --- Rayya

Windstad housecarl --- Valdimar

All three can also become stewards.

If you've done enough quests throughout the game, it may just be a matter of speaking with the Jarl one time to become Thane, otherwise you might have to do a couple short quests.

• 2 weeks later...
If you become Thane in the three holds that contain the new DLC houses, you automatically are given a housecarl. New characters for the DLC.

Once at the house, they can become the steward. Then you'll be able to get the 3 new carriage drivers and bards that are new with the DLC.

Heljarchen housecarl --- Gregor

Lakeview housecarl --- Rayya

Windstad housecarl --- Valdimar

All three can also become stewards.

If you've done enough quests throughout the game, it may just be a matter of speaking with the Jarl one time to become Thane, otherwise you might have to do a couple short quests.

If you pick someone else to be steward will the housecarl still hang out in the house? I've pretty much only spent time in Lakeview, and never met with Rayya on my last character. Decided to remake my Argonian for the heck of it, and had her introduce herself this time around. Now she's in my tiny house but I don't plan to make her steward. Wondering if she'll still hang out with me when I appoint someone else steward later.

If you pick someone else to be steward will the housecarl still hang out in the house? I've pretty much only spent time in Lakeview, and never met with Rayya on my last character. Decided to remake my Argonian for the heck of it, and had her introduce herself this time around. Now she's in my tiny house but I don't plan to make her steward. Wondering if she'll still hang out with me when I appoint someone else steward later.

You can have both your housecarl and your steward. I have Illia as my steward. Illia does her stuff and Rayya stays to protect and do her stuff which is great because I think she is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had something rather interesting happen. I had basically been using Valdimar as my "gopher" for all three of my manors, and got them all built. But after I was done, I decided to go ahead and try to get a steward for each of the other two, and when I fast-traveled to Heljarchen, Gregor just happened to be walking up to my manor. I talked to him, and asked him to be my steward.

Pretty cool - something I was not expecting. Maybe he was on "patrol" or something, or maybe the game decided I really needed a steward and sent someone it knew could be one.

I just had something rather interesting happen. I had basically been using Valdimar as my "gopher" for all three of my manors, and got them all built. But after I was done, I decided to go ahead and try to get a steward for each of the other two, and when I fast-traveled to Heljarchen, Gregor just happened to be walking up to my manor. I talked to him, and asked him to be my steward.

Pretty cool - something I was not expecting. Maybe he was on "patrol" or something, or maybe the game decided I really needed a steward and sent someone it knew could be one.

Yeah, seen this in a couple of my saved games. Sometimes the first hint you get they're there is the dinging of a pickaxe hitting stone but they do tend to appear if given time.

Marcurio, I think it's spelled, from the Bee and Barb in Riften, can be steward. I have him in my main house.

I was going to have Marcurio be my steward for Lakeside Manor, but despite my best efforts the steward convo never came up with him. I eventually gave up and went with Onmund. The option to make him steward came up immediately.

Edited by Akir388

• 3 weeks later...