Online dead already?

Seraph Xii

Just had my first experience of the online play, took me over 10 minutes to get into a game and the only one I could get on was standard free for all.

Is it just me/my connection? Or is the multiplayer really this dead?

I've been waiting in a team lobby for around 15 minutes now and in that time only 1 person has entered then left.

ALREADY? It's not a new game, and with such a broken multiplayer what would you expect?

Anyways, it might take some time to get into a match, but after you got into one, you shouldn't have a problem. On weekends it's also more active.

How's it broken?

How's it broken?

I don't know how much you played with it, but here are some:

- music in the menus. simply ridiculous that after a while it starts on maximum volume and completely distorted

- lag. i don't think i've seen much game where actually wasn't a constant 2 sec lag. (no, it's not my internet connection)

- sound effects in-game. way too often you cannot hear some sounds, i.e shots, radio talks, explosions, etc

- hit detection. i could empty a magasine in the enemy but wouldn't die, while they shoot the wall next to me and i'm done

- random bugs. like constantly falling enemies from the sky or playing a match where suddenly you're alone or playing a match where there are others and you can still not find them or everybody in slow motion while one person is sliding around like Flash.

- utterly glitched achievements.

- etc. etc. etc.

I guess that is what we call a broken multiplayer experience.

Ah the music is a major bug of mine and I have admittedly heard of the glitched 6 month achievement, so I'll give you that. As for the rest I've never come across them, and I play it fairly regularly.

Although falling enemies from the sky does sound quite funny.

Haha it's funny first but after a while it gets annoying. With so many people having issues with the music I don't even understand how they didn't run into this issue before releasing the game. It's not like PC where so many soundcard in so many configuration might really give some unexpected issues. The console platform is quite uniform and even though this problem shows up how comes they didn't fix it yet?

Also, I forgot to mention the subpar matchmaking. Many people bought the Crysis2+Forza3+Xbox bundle, so there are some newcomers. When three of them facing 4 level 50 semi-god (prestiged multiple times, of course) then it's just a massacre.

OT: I started up the game recently to try and get the 6 month cheevo, and actually I had to wait longer to get into games. So I guess, it is really close to being dead. (except those clan fellas, who seeming to enjoy this game way beyond my understanding)