The absolute fastest way to Lvl 99

BThumme

Quick battle, search for c5 Siegfried name Ozanius

Pick nightmare

Go all the way left, Ozanius will chase you. Press b+g and you'll throw him out. He never blocks the grab, and nightmare has a long reach. One you get in a groove you will be on fire.

Average ring out is with :55 left. That's about 140 xp/ 30 seconds. No way you can beat this.

No complicated combos here.

EDIT: I've beaten him 63 times in one hour. 138 point/ win. That's 8694 xp/hr.

Edited by BThumme

• 2 weeks later...

Pick nightmare

Go all the way left, Ozanius will chase you. Press b+g and you'll throw him out. He never blocks the grab, and nightmare has a long reach. One you get in a groove you will be on fire.

Average ring out is with :55 left. That's about 140 xp/ 30 seconds. No way you can beat this.

nice job fellow Michigander....I'll have to try this.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a fight stick with a turbo option. Just set your 'A' button to B (not the B button but the move type) in the control options.

Go to quick play. Choose Mitsurugi. Find a D level opponent. Tape your 'A' button down. Mitsurugi will slash down and then back up. Over and over and beats the AI pretty easily. When the current match is over it will auto select Rematch. Not sure how long it took but I did it for 2 nights starting at level 1. At level 99 I had won about 1000 fights on Mitsurugi. Probably didnt take that long though.

If you do it over 2 nights. One night find a male opponent and the next find a female opponent to get those achievements along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... I have just been playing through arcade on easy mode. I think it takes me about 5 mins total (fight time is right about 4 minutes and loading screens take the rest of the time) and nets around 800 pts. That translates to ~ 9600 pts per hour.

So if you can go fast (focus on quick ring outs), I think that the easy mode arcade is actually a better route to go.

Just my opinion though... your method does sound like a good alternative. Both methods would get kind of annoying / tedious, so pick your poison.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pick nightmare

In using BThumme's strategy I have found a quicker way to get to lv 99. You still are searching for Ozanius but select Hilde as your character. When the match starts go all the way to the left until you are at the black line, then wait for Ozanius to catch up to you when he does press LT and you will roll him off the stage. I averaged 4 seconds a match, so thats 56 second remaining, and managed to beat him 100 times in one hour (138 points times 100 = 13,800 exp/hr ). Thank you BThumme for putting up this method otherwise I would have never thought of using this myself and I hope this information will help at least one person.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If you have a fight stick with a turbo option. Just set your 'A' button to B (not the B button but the move type) in the control options.

Go to quick play. Choose Mitsurugi. Find a D level opponent. Tape your 'A' button down. Mitsurugi will slash down and then back up. Over and over and beats the AI pretty easily. When the current match is over it will auto select Rematch. Not sure how long it took but I did it for 2 nights starting at level 1. At level 99 I had won about 1000 fights on Mitsurugi. Probably didnt take that long though.

If you do it over 2 nights. One night find a male opponent and the next find a female opponent to get those achievements along the way.

Sweet!

I need to try this.

• 3 weeks later...