Random Events (Locations and Rewards)

Crimson Ridley

There are a total of 57 Random Events in Grand Theft Auto V. Of those 57, you only need to complete 14 towards the 100% completion statistic.

Please note: With any of the potential Altruist Cult victims, you will need to have completed the "Nervous Ron" story mission for it to become available. You receive $1000 per delivery, but forfeit any other bonuses that may come from taking them to their original destination. You will unlock the Altruist Acolyte achievement for you first delivery.

With the game, you will have gotten a double-sided map. Use the map to find the locations I give here. I will format it like so: Random Event name - Location - Which characters can activate the Event - The reward given (if any)

1) Abandoned Vehicle - Smoke Tree Road, Grand Senora Desert - All characters - No reward

2) Abandoned Vehicle 2 - Ron Alternates Wind Farm - All characters - No reward

3) Arrests 1 - Grapeseed, beside the O'Neil farm - All characters - $250 for helping the criminal, nothing if you help the police officer.

4) Arrests 2 - Senora Freeway, Ron Alternates Wind Farm - All characters - $250 for helping the criminal, nothing if you help the police officer.

5) Bike Thief 1 - Little Bighorn Avenue, Rancho - All characters - +3 Stamina stat (need to confirm if this happens if you keep the bike as well). If you return the bike, you'll also get an email from him sometime later telling you that he's placed $100,000 in AnimalArk stocks on LCN.

6) Bike Thief 2 - Bridge Street, Hawick - All characters - +3 Stamina stat (need to confirm if this happens if you keep the bike as well). No other reward.

7) Border Patrol 1 - Mt. Hann Road, Grand Senora Desert - All characters - Up to $700 in total money drops.

8) Border Patrol 2 - Tataviam Mountains - All characters - Up to $700 in total money drops.

9) Border Patrol 3 - Raton Canyon - All characters - Up to $700 in total money drops.

10) Burial - Paleto Bay, Blaine County - All characters - Up to $600 from each dead enemy, and a full special bar upon completion of the mission. The victim will also give you $60,000 sometime later. (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead).

11) Bus Tour - Alta Street, Downtown Vinewood - All characters - No reward, just a tour.

12) Car Thief 1 - Great Ocean Highway - All characters - +5 Driving skill when you return the car.

13) Car Thief 2 - Exceptionalists Way, Los Santos International Airport - Michael only - +5 Driving skill when you return the car. You also receive a Pale Blue Suit sometime later

14) Chase Thieves City 1 - Hawick Avenue, Hawick - All characters - Keep cash: $2000. Return cash: $200 and a full special meter. If you kill the victim afterwards, you get another $452.

15) Chase Thieves City 2 - San Andreas Avenue, Textile City - All characters - Keep cash: $500. Return cash: $50 and a full special meter. If you kill the victim afterwards, you get another $91.

16) Chase Thieves Country 1 - Grapeseed Main Street, Grapeseed - All characters - Keep cash: $250. Return cash: $25 and a full special meter. If you kill the victim afterwards, you get another $76.

17) Chase Thieves Country 2 - Route 68, Grand Senora Desert - All characters - Keep cash: $120. Return cash: $12 and a full special meter.

18) Crash Rescue - Senora Freeway, Mount Chiliad - All characters - Unlocks heist crew member Taliana Martinez.

19) Construction Accident - Calais Avenue, Little Seoul - All characters - +2 Driving skill upon completion.

20) Countryside Gang Fight - Marina Drive, Alamo Sea - All characters - $1000 for saving the victim.

21) Countryside Robbery - Route 68, Harmony - All characters - Up to $1000 in dropped money, and 2 briefcases with $5000 each if picked up. You get a 2-star Wanted level for picking them up. If you help the crooks, you only get 1 briefcase and a 3-star wanted level.

22) Deal Gone Wrong - Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness - All characters - $25,000 in the case. Kill the gang members while fleeing.

23) Domestic - Wild Oats Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters - $80 upon taking him to the Golf course, and Castro Lagano becomes a new Golf opponent with a Hard skill level (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Alturist Cult instead).

24) Drug Shootout - Mount Chiliad - All characters - Between $40,000-$100,000 every time you raid. Becomes available for subsequent raids every in-game week or so.

25) Drunk Driver 1 - Agula Street, La Puerta - All characters - $80 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

26) Drunk Driver 2 - Armadillo Avenue, Sandy Shores - All characters - $80 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

27) Escape Paparazzi - Vinewood Boulevard, Downtown Vinewood - All characters - $750 (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

28) Gang Intimidation - El Rancho Boulevard and Fudge Lane, El Burro Heights - Michael or Trevor only - Between $200-$500 in dropped money.

29) Getaway Driver - Corner of Strawberry Avenue and Forum Drive, Strawberry - All characters - If crooks are helped: $1000 and a special character to use in heist missions. If crooks are killed: Between $800-$2000 per enemy in dropped money.

30) Hitch Lift 1 - Ineseno Road, Banham Canyon - All characters - +5 Driving skill and $100. If you get him to the airport within 02:20, he gives you a tip to invest in Tinkle, which pays out within a week (Tinkle is located on the BAWSAQ market page) (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

31) Hitch Lift 2 - North Calafia Way, Mount Chiliad - All characters - +5 Driving ability, and Ursula as a Booty Call (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead).

32) Hitch Lift 3 - East Joshua Roads and San Chianski Mountain Range - All characters - +5 Driving ability (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

33) Hitch Lift 4 - Great Chaparral - All characters - + 5 Driving ability (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Altruist Cult instead).

34) Luring Girl Into Alley - Supply Street, La Mesa - All characters - No reward, but you can kill them to get your money back.

35) Mugging 1 - Chamberlain Hills, Strawberry Avenue - All characters - Keep cash: $200. Return cash: $20 and a full special meter. If you kill the victim afterwards, you get another $91.

36) Mugging 2 - Meteor Street, Hawick - All characters - No reward.

37) Mugging 3 - Vespucci Boulevard, Pillbox Hill - All characters - Keep cash: $2000. Return cash: $200 and a full special meter.

38) Prisoner Lift 1 - Grand Senora Desert near Bolingbroke Penitentiary - Michael or Franklin only - +3 Driving skill.

39) Prisoner Lift 2 - Grand Senora Desert near Bolingbroke Penitentiary - Michael or Franklin only - No reward.

40) Rogue Altruists - Baytree Canyon Road, Grand Senora Desert - Michael or Franklin only - $80 upon taking the girl home.

41) Shop Robbery 1 - Eastbourne Way, Rockford Hills - All characters - Keep cash: $2000. Return cash: No reward.

42) Shop Robbery 2 - Prosperity Street Promenade, Del Perro - All characters - Keep cash: $2000. Return cash: $25% off next purchase. Shoot the 3 cash registers to get $500 from each, and no Wanted level.

43) Simon Yetarian - Adam's Apple Boulevard and Power Street, Strawberry - Michael or Franklin - No reward.

44) Snatched - South Mo Milton Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters - No reward (If playing as Trevor, you can take the girl to the Altruist Cult instead).

45) Sports Bike Thief - North Rockford Drive, Richman - All characters - +5 Driving ability. You can also just steal the Pegassi Bati 801 bike instead.

46) Stag Do Running Man - Route 68, Great Chaparral - All characters - Keep Enus Super Diamond car (a required car for the Kifflom! achievement).

47) Altruist Cult Shootout - Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness - Trevor (after delivering 4 victims to the cult) - $1000 dropped by each enemy, and a hidden package in the camp.

48) ATM Robberies - At different ATMs around Los Santos - All characters - Keep cash: $500. Return cash: $50. If you kill the victim, you'll also get an additional $450.

49-57) Security Van Heists - 9 different locations around Los Santos and Blaine County - All characters - Between $3000-$8000.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

I've done the same security van heist like 4 times. I've stolen the van then taken the money, I've killed the guard before he can put the money in, I've shot at the back and made them get out... nothing I do completes this the "right" way as I see it constantly next to some gas station whenever I drive by.

I've done the same security van heist like 4 times. I've stolen the van then taken the money, I've killed the guard before he can put the money in, I've shot at the back and made them get out... nothing I do completes this the "right" way as I see it constantly next to some gas station whenever I drive by.

I think the Security Vans are like the ATM Robberies; they just keep respawning. I've done the same one a few times and just keep getting money for them. I think all of the Random Events can happen multiple times, but I haven't confirmed that yet.

29) Getaway Driver - Corner of Strawberry Avenue and Forum Drive, Strawberry - All characters - If crooks are helped: $1000 and a special character to use in heist missions. If crooks are killed: Between $800-$2000 per enemy in dropped money.

I wish I hadn't ran them over as I arrived, but that was how I'd been dealing with all the random encounters, I would plow head first into who ever seems like the aggressor... :mad:

I'm still going to try and finish every single one. :)

Same here. Let me just straighten my belt and puff out my chest because I plan on doing everything possible in the game. Gold for every mission, gold for every character on every hobby/pastime, completing every stunt jump, basically do everything which the 100% achievement should've had in it.

I meant a map with the locations on it. But nevermind, I found one. A nice interactive map courtesy of R* themself.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

This map shows the locations of not only the random encounters, but the strangers & freaks, letter scraps, and spaceship parts as well. You can check/uncheck which items you want to see, and you can toggle click "Found" and "Not Found" to show ones that you have already done and are missing.

I imagine the map probably shows the toxic waste as well, but I haven't started that side mission yet so I don't know for sure.

I meant a map with the locations on it. But nevermind, I found one. A nice interactive map courtesy of R* themself.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

This map shows the locations of not only the random encounters, but the strangers & freaks, letter scraps, and spaceship parts as well. You can check/uncheck which items you want to see, and you can toggle click "Found" and "Not Found" to show ones that you have already done and are missing.

I imagine the map probably shows the toxic waste as well, but I haven't started that side mission yet so I don't know for sure.

That's useful, though it makes me feel like I've wasted my time. :(

23) Domestic - Wild Oats Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters - $80 upon taking him to the Golf course, and Castro Lagano becomes a new Golf opponent with a Hard skill level (If playing as Trevor, you can take the guy to the Alturist Cult instead).

I'm so glad I delivered that douchebag to the cult! $80?! :p

I'm really surprised at the tiny reception this thread has received. People were asking for something like this, I typed it all up letting you all know and only 2 people have thanked me for it. I wasted my time considering it ends up on the 3rd page within a couple of hours.

I guess when people request something, they don't really care.

It ends up buried because of all the minor/pointless threads. There almost needs to be one just for questions not worthy of a full-fledged thread and people who need help with certain things (which a ton of these threads that show up would fall under). Not that people would be using it, but it would be nice. There are a few things I haven't asked, simply because they're not worthy of their own thread (call me crazy for abiding by rules of forum etiquette :p).

I'm really surprised at the tiny reception this thread has received. People were asking for something like this, I typed it all up letting you all know and only 2 people have thanked me for it. I wasted my time considering it ends up on the 3rd page within a couple of hours.

When I myself was talking about it, my queries were answered when someone posted a link to another website which had the answers much sooner. I bookmarked it for future reference, and haven't used it since then actually (for reasons I CBA to mention).

But thank you, if you really want one. :p

I have it saved as subscribed thread for future reference, as no doubt a few will be hard to find randomly once finished.