S Rank Guide

Lewi

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty simple getting the S Rank to get the Figurine.

Go to Chapter Select and check what S Ranks you have in AMATEUR.

Once you've spotted which ones you need, get them.

TIPS:

Accuracy help (40%+ NEEDED)

This is pretty simple if you know what you're doing. All you need is patience (and a decent gun. Handcannon?). This also helps for Routing Enemies - As a Majini comes about 2ft away from you, aim at his/her torso for better accuracy. The Handcannon will kill them instantly.

Enemy Routing help (40+ NEEDED)

This is also a very easy thing to do. All I can really say is that you should have the following type of weapons:

* Handgun

* Shotgun

* Rocket Launcher

* Knife

Using the Handgun can be really annoying. Aiming for wherever is best such as the head is possibly the only thing that I can say for it. With the fact that it can both Stun and Kill a Majini, it should be your main weapon for small amounts.

BEST HANDGUN: M93R

WHY?: Rapid-bursting easily performs Headshots.

Using the Shotgun is totally awesome. When you're surrounded by Majini, aim for the nearest one's Torso or Legs and simply pull the Trigger and watch him fly, bringing the others with him. With the fact that a Shotgun is a Short-range weapon and the Shells flying outward, Majini are not able to dodge the Shotgun alot.

BEST SHOTGUN: Hydra

WHY?: Strongest Shotgun in the game.

Using the Rocket Launcher should be used ONLY, I repeat, ONLY for the following Enemies:

Executioner Majini

Chainsaw Majini

Giant Majini

Gatling Gun Majini

Duvalia

Licker ß

Reaper

Bosses:

Popokarimu

Irving

U-8

Uroboros

Uroboros Mkono

Uroboros Aheri/Excella

(DO NOT USE INSTANTLY ON MAIN WEAK SPOT. SHOOT THE OTHERS THEN ATTACK THE LITTLE LEECH BABIES)

Wesker [Human Form]

Wesker [Mutated Form]

Using the Knife is probably the toughest one to use. Hacking and Slicing at Majini is the best thing to do. Slice, then run behind them. Repeat this until they're dead OR just slice them in the Face, Hands or Legs until they're able to be Melee'd.

Deaths help (0 - 1 NEEDED)

This can be quite tough on Normal, Veteran and Professional. But on Amateur, it can be easy to avoid. At times, it cannot.

0 Deaths - S

1 Death - A

You're going to need either one Death or none. More than one Death, and you've screwed the S Rank up and will have to start all over again.

Time help (OVER 6MINS+)

This isn't really bothered with unless you're in a rush. You've basically got all the time in the world to collect what items you need, what Majini you wish/need to kill and helping Sheva out.

I hope this guide helped. ;)

Hey, just a quick question about the S Rank times..

Can we go back and replay missions, hunting for the fastest time in each chapter to lower the overall time of the campaign (ie. like a Time Attack)? Or does each chapter have to be done sequentially without going back and redoing it?

For instance, the suggested time Lewi has listed to beat for chapter 6-2 is 23:00, but I have pretty well mastered that level and have shaved my best time to about 8:00. Does that best time count towards the overall 5 hours for the Infinite Rocket Launcher?

It might sound like a stupid question, but I honestly don't know.

Thanks in advance guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Was having some real trouble with 6-2...wasnt getting enough kills to equate to an S rank...

anybody know what the kill amount needed is to achieve a B rank or higher in this chapter?

Eh.... read much?

Chapter 6-2

Enemies routed - 35+

Clear time - < 23'00

Tips - Kill all the goo piles that Uroboros spits out to get an S rank for Enemies until you reach the required total.

One rocket to the biggest central weak spot on Uroboros Aheri will defeat it on all difficulty levels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Was having some real trouble with 6-2...wasnt getting enough kills to equate to an S rank...

anybody know what the kill amount needed is to achieve a B rank or higher in this chapter?

Eh.... read much?

Eh.... Read much?

---

Anyways, this guide has helped me with a couple levels, but I'm just wondering.. How does the rocket vs accuracy work out? Does it decrease the accuracy a lot or does it not affect it? (Cause I was playing co-op and my partner only used the rocket launcher for an entire level ending up in 0.0%)

I'm trying not to use the rocket as I'm not sure if it'll affect my accuracy a lot or not.. I only have one mission left to get S rank in and it's really annoying without the rocket as even with my M500/Hydra I can't kill some of the enemies in time without getting a death.

• 1 month later...

S ranking 2-2 should be really easy?

kills

Kill as many of the majini yourself as you can

deaths

Don't die :p

accuracy

The accuracy will be really high simply because at the end you will fire more bullets against the ogre than any other shots on the whole level

time

You can't fail to s rank the time

---

Sheva's accuracy does not affect you at all, just as you are no affected by a team mates accuracy or kills whilst in mplayer...

DRCL :

Why are you even thinking of using the Hydra to S rank mission? it is by far the least accurate weapon in the game (after the gattling gun), i only even used it to kill the spiders (because they piss me off :p).

I s ranked all 64 maps and the rocket launcher can easily be used to s rank maps (even on pro). even hitting nowhere near enemies will give you 70% accuracy. (it's ages since i played this game but the general weapons i used were, Rocket launcher , PSG(sniper) , Ladyhawk , (m3 or hydra only for spiders and dogs) , (gl+flash grenades and the m92 pistol for Jill fight). No other guns are needed. Even first aid sprays are pretty pointless in pro.

With the rocket launcher shoot at feet, as the blast damage will give you 90%+

---

Tell me what level you can't do and i will try and help

DRCL :

Why are you even thinking of using the Hydra to S rank mission? it is by far the least accurate weapon in the game (after the gattling gun), i only even used it to kill the spiders (because they piss me off :p).

I s ranked all 64 maps and the rocket launcher can easily be used to s rank maps (even on pro). even hitting nowhere near enemies will give you 70% accuracy. (it's ages since i played this game but the general weapons i used were, Rocket launcher , PSG(sniper) , Ladyhawk , (m3 or hydra only for spiders and dogs) , (gl+flash grenades and the m92 pistol for Jill fight). No other guns are needed. Even first aid sprays are pretty pointless in pro.

With the rocket launcher shoot at feet, as the blast damage will give you 90%+

---

Tell me what level you can't do and i will try and help

Well it worked for me as I've finished this game for a while now.. The hydra is awesome for taking out groups, that's why I like it..