online issues

waxc3

Offline the game has been great even though I've been considered offline while definitely logged in and I've been dashboarded before while using the map.

My co-op friend and I tried this online today and ughhhh. There is no way to make a private game. While yes it says you can make a private match anyone can and will join right in while your party is joining and choosing their character.

One can not join a friend in game and you can not invite anyone to the game once it has started. So much for the announced drop in/drop out gameplay.

Once I was able to join his game and we got the random high level guy to leave (we paused and waited for him to leave) we started to have some fun. Sadly within minutes there was nonstop lag as the game told us both there was a bad connection. Now he and have played a few hundred games online together and never have a problem.

After about a half hour of my not being able to see where the enemies or my friend ever were I tried to leave. Unfortunately theres no way to drop out of an online game! You have to ask the host to pause the game and only then is there as an option to leave.

Ugh...

Edited by waxc3

Same issue, I invite my friend and some random person joins, so he has to join quick so it's just us. As for the lag, it's bad. REALLY BAD. If he hosts, I lag non stop, if I host, he lags non stop. It's so bad that we can even see each other lagging and the little icon always pops up about bad connectivity. This needs to get fixed REAL soon, at least the lag issue....

Yeah I keep lagging all over the place. I'm noticing as well that when me and my friend play, when trying to enter the next area, he proceeds off screen but I am blocked back. We can't progress past one of the levels because of it and after a while I go to the map and get dashboarded. Going to just play offline solo until it is fixed, SkaStudios is just one guy so I assume it will be a while for a patch.

For the private game, here is a little tip.

Create your private game then invite your friend(s) but don't press A for the moment. Wait for your friends, let them choose and confirm their character and then, you press A and quickly select yours. No one else will join your game that way. ;)

For the private game, here is a little tip.

Create your private game then invite your friend(s) but don't press A for the moment. Wait for your friends, let them choose and confirm their character and then, you press A and quickly select yours. No one else will join your game that way. ;)

Sorry but that guarantees nothing. We had strangers join in while the invite was being sent and accepted sadly. until until the private lobby bug is patched there is no way to ensure that random people don't join your game.

Well, the fact is that, 'til the host don't press A, no strangers can join in.

So invite your friends, let 'em choose a character and confirm, then press A and select yours as fast as possible.

It's working pretty well with us.

• 3 months later...