Character has been deleted but still have all my money?!?!?

Done For You

If your character is still on Social Club, you should be able to access them again! DO NOT create a new character.

I had the same problem as all of you this morning with my character disappearing from the game but remaining on Social Club. With that said, wait it out. Cloud Servers seem to be down at the moment (probably a huge volume of people, new and old on the servers). I'm playing again right now.

It sucks balls you have to worry about your character getting deleted but it should still be there.

Cheers

When you say that, what if I created a character in the second slot, when the character that got deleted was on the 1st?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like quite a few have experienced this.

I've suffered one deletion and two rollbacks. My level 26 got deleted along with everything (apartment etc.) - note he did get rollbacked a couple hours before it happened, so that could be a sign of things to come.

And immediately after, I had a level 12 and now a level 11 both get rolled back to 5 and 6. Literally felt like I'd play for three hours and get pushed back 2.5 hours! Have not had any luck getting them back.

Was having fun but this is too frustrating - Will play online again once/if they fix it. Hope you manage to get your character back OP!

Edited by Gen. H

I'm hoping the fact I'm now getting a message saying the servers are down is a good sign......I don't care if it's down for two days, just make sure my char is there when they come back!!!

However, I kept pressing retry, and it eventually took me back to the character selection....yup, with my character missing.

Before Fridays patch everything worked fine with me.

Earlier today my character was missing and I was lvl 1 again.

Just tried it, it's half working. As I had my apartment and cash, however I was lvl 1 still and my guy turned into some baldy with headphones, a white thshirt and checkerd shoes! Weird.

Let everyone know any updates

Before Fridays patch everything worked fine with me.

Earlier today my character was missing and I was lvl 1 again.

Just tried it, it's half working. As I had my apartment and cash, however I was lvl 1 still and my guy turned into some baldy with headphones, a white thshirt and checkerd shoes! Weird.

Let everyone know any updates

So you logged in? my character doesn't even show in the character wheel, so can't log in without making a new char,

Or did u make a new char and have the stuff the new one?

So you logged in? my character doesn't even show in the character wheel, so can't log in without making a new char,

Mine doesn't show in the character wheel but I just hold down on the right stick to select it and it logs into online anyway. And my character is always still there (Unless the cloud is down - but that's to be expected)

Mine doesn't show in the character wheel but I just hold down on the right stick to select it and it logs into online anyway. And my character is always still there (Unless the cloud is down - but that's to be expected)

Erm, that's normal, so not sure if the problems in this thread apply to you buddy!!!

I'm logged in as my current and only online guy, who is supposed to be lvl 32. Got the same apartment and cash however the actual player I run around in-game isn't my guy at all. Plus it says I'm lvl1.

Obviously I can't be lvl 1 with all the stuff and money so it's obviously the severs

Edit: my character doesn't show in the wheel no but I'm still able to join

Edited by GreaseMonkeyGB

Erm, that's normal, so not sure if the problems in this thread apply to you buddy!!!

Why did you say your character doesn't EVEN show in the character wheel... if it's normal?

I was only replying to what you said...

Just because I haven't lost my chatacter does that mean i'm banned from posting in the thread :rolleyes:

ok some good news i guess.

My character was gone and my social page was all reset to 0.

Tried again now and was able to connect (couldnt connect to cloud message didnt show up) and now my stats are back on the social page.

I guess as long you dont start a new character on the same slot your old was in you still have a chance of recovery ?

Same thing happened to me. Rank 44 character with over 1 million dollars earned etc. Still shows 500k I had in the bank, but everything else is 0, and all awards disappeared from social club, came back briefly, and now they are gone again. I too get sent straight to character creator if I try to go online, and says I need a character to play if I try to join someone.

It worked "fine" for me until today, meaning it took forever to load, lots of freezes, could barely connect to anyone and constant random kicks. But at least I mostly kept my progress when I actually got to play (lost a few levels due to not being saved tho.)

ok some good news i guess.

My character was gone and my social page was all reset to 0.

Tried again now and was able to connect (couldnt connect to cloud message didnt show up) and now my stats are back on the social page.

I guess as long you dont start a new character on the same slot your old was in you still have a chance of recovery ?

I tried that. It shows my level at 1, but my stats and money spent total are still 0.