Special Operations Strategies

I'll just give people some advice. I was able to do Alpha through Charlie solo (minus those two missions in bravo that require 2 people) but Delta and Echo...I highly reccomend two people. I'm not gonna help anyone cause i just went through hell in beating Wetworks (only got that 10 Juggernaut with explosives left)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, me and my partner are having a hell of a time trying to complete Suspension on Vet. Do the Ruskies ever stop spawning? Because every time we move up, a few run behind us and take us out. It's getting frustrated. Any suggestions or vids?

This took us just 2 or 3 attempts. The key in this one is using the moveable turrets! One on the left side and one on the right side and you'll be fine...

...stay on the sides and don't cross into the middle...you should be fine then...

I did Armor Piercing all by myself, needed like 5 attempts. Those videos are great.

But Sntach and Grab is a pains in the ass!!! The closest i came with just running through after grabbing the intel was like 20m...i could throw up...this is so annoying!!!

Just need Wetwork and Snatch and Grab!!!

I did Armor Piercing all by myself, needed like 5 attempts. Those videos are great.

But Sntach and Grab is a pains in the ass!!! The closest i came with just running through after grabbing the intel was like 20m...i could throw up...this is so annoying!!!

Just need Wetwork and Snatch and Grab!!!

Wetwork is much easier solo than co op because when you breach there's only 4 enemies to shoot, whereas in co op it's doubled and you end up shooting the same person twice and missing others.

Just take your time and learn when enemies spawn and you should be fine :)

For Snatch & Grab, see my previous post #47.

It's really just luck whether or not you get several Juggernauts chasing you after you jump down, so just keep trying and take it slow.

If you still have problems let me know and I'll try to explain how I did them in more detail.

Good luck

Wetwork is much easier solo than co op because when you breach there's only 4 enemies to shoot, whereas in co op it's doubled and you end up shooting the same person twice and missing others.

Just take your time and learn when enemies spawn and you should be fine :)

Good luck

I just did Wetwork solo and it was so much easier! Don't forget to use your claymores--and the m203 works wonders on the attack helo.

For those having difficulty with Snatch & Grab...

If a Juggernaut spawns behind you when your sniping enemies below, turn around (facing the Juggernaut) and run out the right side of the plane then immediately left, there's a plane in front of you that you can climb up into and the Juggernauts can't get you there. Then you just carefully snipe them.

Someone mentioned this method on Youtube and I'm so grateful he did, when me and my friend were trying it, 4 juggernauts spawned behind us!

Ended up killing a grand total of 6 that time lol

This worked VERY, VERY well for the mission. Thanks a ton!

Race

This one is simply, you just have to make it to the bottom of the hill in 1 minute and 10 seconds on the snowmobile to get the three stars. Follow the trail, dont try to take shortcuts through the trees, and try to avoid jumps that get you airtime as well, as you will slow down on the landing. Shoot enemies if they are in front of you, but for the most part you can ignore them. Only one player has to reach the finish line for both to get the three stars for this.

Actually both have to do it under 1:10, my friend and I did this last night I got it and he didn't

Breach and Clear:

This is a hard one, straight from the campaign. To start off, take the M4 and the Saiga(SA12). This is going to be a bit complex, but this is how I did it. Take the M203(Noob Tube) and place the charge on the wall. Once the wall blows up, shoot the tube at the end of the room near the five or six enemies and knife the one in front of you. Take out the Saiga and move to the lockers. Now it gets tricky. Throw flash bangs and rush in and grab a Riot Shield(not sure where exactly, but I found one near a locker, but I might of killed that person and picked it up). To be safe, throw a few grenades before the flash bang and grab the shield. Once you have the shield, back up so the enemies guarding the third room(The two shield guys) move out of there. Once they are out, move in with the shield with your back to the wall and fall into the whole.

It might take a few tries, but it works.

Good strategy, but my buddy and I did it in 18.5 sec (IW is full of crap) by using the grenade launcher in the slow breach, flashing the second room, then flashing the 3rd room (the secret is to toss the flash straight over the middle of the lockers). Of course you need to fire everything you got, but don't slow down. We did it both and didn't get touched.

Thanks for the other spec ops strategies.

I have a good strategy I used to pass Wardriving.

My friend and I went along and cleared the houses like you usually would, but without downloading the intel from the computers. We then took the sentry turret from the middle house and set it up along with the other 2 in the furthest house from the start/end of the mission. We placed about 20 Claymores all around and they do most of the work for you when you do the download (I never actually even saw anyone during that download time).

When they're clear take any surviving turrets (we usually just had one) and bring it back to the middle house. We used 10 claymores here as it's the easiest house to defend. Then we used all the Claymores we had left (20) to defend the house closest to the start/end.

Working backwards like this makes it so you are already right next to the Honey Badger at the end of the mission so you don't have to fight your way back down the street. Other advantages are that you have 3 sentry turrets for the furthest house, and should still have one for the middle house like you normally would. Also any of the Claymores that aren't tripped during the defense of the far house may kill ememies that spawn there during the defense of the middle house.

You still want to lase the front of the houses, obviously, as you defend them and clear them. In the far house we were positioned in the wine celler and the hall next to it. The middle house we were behind the bar next to the computer. The house near the start/finish we were in the 2 rooms closest to the finish and just hopped out of the back window right next to the Striker when the download was over.

Edited by Hellknight79
typo

Is it possible to play Co-Operative Special Ops Missions with "Strangers" over XBOX Live?

Other than split screen, I can only see the option to invite someone from my friends list.

Does anyone know?

Invite only for Spec ops I believe. Tell you what...the servers are so damned BOMBED that any time I even try playing Spec Ops with a friend online it lags like crazy. I finally stopped bothering and just do em solo or splitscreen for the missions that require two players. It blows too, I'd much rather play over Live than split my nice TV screen.

Nice easy way to do Armor Piercing.

One person picks up the AUG, this person will be running about, planting claymores etc. The other picks up the Barrett, who will be laying down facing the second second set of stairs (the one's above the first breach in the campaign), looking towards them.

The person with the AUG needs to plant claymores at the set of doors directly in front of the stairs that the other guy is looking at. This not only damages the Juggernauts, but allows the shooter a chance to get the first shot in (although, if the shooter lays in the right place, the Juggernauts won't see him).

Now for the trick, when the AUG guy has ran about attracting the Juggernaut, run back to the top of the stairs and shoot the Juggernauts as much as possible, if you kill them, good, if you get downed, just as good. Getting downed at the TOP of the stairs stops the Juggernauts from walking back, allowing the Barrett guy to simply pick them off without worrying about them charging him. Even at the end when there's three of them there's more than enough time to kill them and get the partner up.

The only thing you have to worry about is how good the shooter is with the Barrett and how good at dodging bullets the AUG guy is.

After some tinkering, I found a perfect solo strategy for Homeland Security.

To begin, swap your pistol for the M14 EBR Thermal, and grab claymores and the first sentry gun. Sprint over as quickly as possible to the diner. Set up both sentries behind the counter to face the main entrance to the diner, and set up a claymore to cover the rear door. After you complete all of that, run to the far corner opposite of the rear entrance and crouch; this will give an excellent view on approaching enemies and vehicles.

At the beginning of each wave, start by sniping all of the foot soldiers that you can. You need not worry about enemies trying to sneak into the diner because the two sentries will slaughter anybody that goes into the front entrance, and the claymore will kill anybody that tries to sneak in through the back. The best part is that the sentries are in positions that are very difficult to hit, so they will never be destroyed.

As for the vehicles, just swap out your SCAR for the RPG-7 launchers strewn on the tables once you've killed all of the foot soldiers. Predator missiles can easily be avoided by lying prone in your main sniping perch until the lock-on is lost, and the ground vehicles are quickly dispatched with a single rocket. As for the helicopters, wait until they finish strafing before you fire to take them down.

As long as you remember to replace the claymore at the back of the diner as needed, you will hardly take any damage with this method on even Veteran difficulty. This strategy should make this mission easy because of how much pressure it takes off of the player to continually watch the entrances.

My tip for "Homeland Security":

Homeland Security is not hard. It's all about camping in the alley behind the restaurant (the one where you spawn).

Stick to the restaurant's wall, behind a column, and pop anyone showing their face.

Just leave the choppers and the tank alone 'till there's no more enemies.

If you stick to the restaurant's wall when they drop the bombs, you will not get hurt. I think after the 2nd wave, they bomb you three times, the first two are going to drop where the cars are (killing enemies also, if they are hiding behind the cars), the third one falls on top of the restaurant, behind you, so it won't hurt you. Maybe hurt you a little bit, but not kill you.

When you're done with the enemies, you can go and destroy the tanks and/or choppers, taking all the time you need.

Note: I did this on Veteran and never used any claymore or turrets, although if you set the turrets is even more help, but they won't last more than 1 wave, usually.

Edited by xavieramo

I did Homeland Security similar to above, only I put one turret in each corner and used a couple of claymores on each door at a time... you probably don't even need them for the first couple of waves.

Have one guy watching the front and one guy watching the garage. You'll want the thermal and M-40 (takes people down easy) guns.

The turrets will take out pretty much every guy... ours got 90 kills, I had about 20 and RogueNinja had 25-30 or so. I barely did anything until wave 40.

The predator and choppers won't get you in the diner.

My tip for "Homeland Security":

Homeland Security is not hard. It's all about camping in the alley behind the restaurant (the one where you spawn).

Stick to the restaurant's wall, behind a column, and pop anyone showing their face.

Just leave the choppers and the tank alone 'till there's no more enemies.

If you stick to the restaurant's wall when they drop the bombs, you will not get hurt. I think after the 2nd wave, they bomb you three times, the first two are going to drop where the cars are (killing enemies also, if they are hiding behind the cars), the third one falls on top of the restaurant, behind you, so it won't hurt you. Maybe hurt you a little bit, but not kill you.

When you're done with the enemies, you can go and destroy the tanks and/or choppers, taking all the time you need.

Note: I did this on Veteran and never used any claymore or turrets, although if you set the turrets is even more help, but they won't last more than 1 wave, usually.

i did the same. And it was really easy