Possible fix for getting the Falkreath plot

Tehlamah

Oh incidentally, a few here and elsewhere have mentioned mailed invites.

I've not received ANY mailed invites from any of the 3 jarls who sell land.

I did get 2 letters, one from the new owner of the Riften kiddy home and one from Preventius (sp?) the Whiterun steward letting me know I can visit to change my alchemy table for a child's bedroom (yeah right) :D

For clarity I've been a thane in all the areas for a long time with blades to show for it, got no letters from anyone but Whiterun but still can't buy Falkreath land on one of them but I can on the other.

Edited by buggss

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the DB quest we're talking about is the one they tell you to kill Heldvar, however I have one game where he's dead and I can buy the land and another character's game where he's also dead but I can't buy the land.

The radient quests we're on about are where one of the stewards has given you a bounty for the jarl asking you to kill a bandit, a dragon or a giant.

One of the differences I have between my 2 characters is that the one who can't buy the Falkreath land and gets nasty comments off the Falkreath jarl has a radient quest to hand in in my misc quests telling me to return to Skald for the bounty. I cannot do this as he won't talk to me and I can't toggle that quest to active for some reason which I've never seen before.

However as everyone who's having trouble seems to be having their own problem I'm thinking the main focus of the problem is the Falkreath jarl and we all have our own causes for him to be a bit of a git. :D

Oh i see, its one of nazir's quests.

Oh incidentally, a few here and elsewhere have mentioned mailed invites.

I've not received ANY mailed invites from any of the 3 jarls who sell land.

I did get 2 letters, one from the new owner of the Riften kiddy home and one from Preventius (sp?) the Whiterun steward letting me know I can visit to change my alchemy table for a child's bedroom (yeah right) :D

For clarity I've been a thane in all the areas for a long time with blades to show for it, got no letters from anyone but Whiterun but still can't buy Falkreath land on one of them but not the other.

I got 3 when i first booted the add on. One about adoptions, one about the kids room in whiterun and one from dawnstar inviting me to purchase land. ("Letter from jarl ____") I read it and it pointed me to a misc quest of speak to the jarl.

I got 3 when i first booted the add on. One about adoptions, one about the kids room in whiterun and one from dawnstar inviting me to purchase land. ("Letter from jarl ____") I read it and it pointed me to a misc quest of speak to the jarl.

Yeah, that's what is supposed to happen if you're not a thane in wherever you got the letter from.

Ive done none of the rare gifts quest. Dude wants me to bring him a drink.... then, as you say, he will ask me to kill a bandit.

The other rare gift quests arent even for Falkreath. I think its if you have those open he wont give you the get him booze rare gift quest.

Once those are done, you may be able to buy it right away... or you may have to wait for the mailed invite.

Yeah, just did the bandit quest and now I can purchase land. Don't need to be the thane.

i have two gamer tags on lighthouse777

this quest is open Song of the Alchemists for Lami in Morthal

and i got all three houses

on starlight777 i tried on two different characters

the one with the mirror quest open, i have all three plots/houses

on the one with no radiant quests open.. none

i cannot buy the falkreath house

denier is the jarl and i became his thane as well as the one before him

so i became than twice in the strongholds that were taken over by the storm cloaks

the only difference is i did deniers quest to steal a letter after he became jarl

never did on the other two

and thats the one i cannot get the house in falkreath

Edited by lighthouse777

I'm not sure what's wrong with mine. I was able to get the "Mead" quest from Jarl Siddgeir but it won't give me the "Kill the bandit leader quest". Am I missing something? I got the 2 other plots no problem and of course the Falkreath plot is the one I really want.

I'm not sure what's wrong with mine. I was able to get the "Mead" quest from Jarl Siddgeir but it won't give me the "Kill the bandit leader quest". Am I missing something? I got the 2 other plots no problem and of course the Falkreath plot is the one I really want.

Hmmm, haven't heard that problem yet, getting the mead quest usually guarantees the bandit one.

Try doing some more favours for the Falkreath folk, helping the farmer, helping the blacksmith or doing one of the daedric quests which might make Siddgeir like you more to the point he'll offer you the quest.

Hmmm, haven't heard that problem yet, getting the mead quest usually guarantees the bandit one.

Try doing some more favours for the Falkreath folk, helping the farmer, helping the blacksmith or doing one of the daedric quests which might make Siddgeir like you more to the point he'll offer you the quest.

Thanks man. I'll give it a shot.

Is the mead quest new to Siddgeir/Skyrim with the Hearthfire DLC? Because I faintly remember doing it ages ago when I became Thane of Falkreath. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have, and it's probably what opens the dialogue to buy the land.

Is the mead quest new to Siddgeir/Skyrim with the Hearthfire DLC? Because I faintly remember doing it ages ago when I became Thane of Falkreath. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have, and it's probably what opens the dialogue to buy the land.

Nah it's the first quest given to you by Siddgeir, basically he seems like a dodgy guy who's getting you to do some dirty work and clearing up some skeletons in the closet by killing the bandits after.

Nothing to do with any of the DLC's.

If I indeed understand, every person having launched the DLC after he is already Thane of Falkreath and whom Halvard is dead during a quest of Dark Brotherhood and whether it is Siddgeir who is Jarl can't obtain the option of dialogue to buy the plot of land with Nenya, the Chamberlain ?

PS : Sorry for my english, i'm french...

So i loaded up a level 18 save to be sure and got a messenger about falkreath, which i hadn't discovered yet .talked to Jarl Siddgeir didn't buy him booze did the bandit quest and boom land available .NOTE i had only done 1

daedric quest and 0 rare gift quest and tekla is the steward and some old white haired guy is jarl..what a mess, i'm gonna finish my house and child achievements and go back to my level 55"too much time invested"...too bad nice area to build on...

If I indeed understand, every person having launched the DLC after he is already Thane of Falkreath and whom Halvard is dead during a quest of Dark Brotherhood and whether it is Siddgeir who is Jarl can't obtain the option of dialogue to buy the plot of land with Nenya, the Chamberlain ?

PS : Sorry for my english, i'm french...

Hehe....

Nope. I have one character that has exactly those conditions and can't buy Falkreath. I also have another character who satisfies all those conditions that CAN buy Falkreath.

The main differences between the 2 are:

Can't buy-

• Finished alduin and imperial quests
  • Killed Half-moon mill male AND female vampires during DB mission
  • Part-way through Dawnstar
  • Have an uncompletable radiant bounty quest for Skald who won't accept the hand-in and can't make that quests an active quest.

Can buy-

• Haven't finished alduin quests
  • Haven't started imperial quests
  • Haven't started Dawnstar
  • Has an active rare item quest, (said to block the land purchase) the amulet of arkay for thorbold (sp?)
  • Only killed the male vampire at Half-moon mill in DB mission

P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm English! :D

So I thought I was stuck like everyone else and read all of these posts and nothing really helped.... So I spent 7 hours doing every side quest I had, once completed I headed to Falkreath and spoke with everyone in the town people started giving me quests and the Jarl that hated me started to like me and eventually gave me the quest to become thane! Now I have the plot of land!!!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!

So I thought I was stuck like everyone else and read all of these posts and nothing really helped.... So I spent 7 hours doing every side quest I had, once completed I headed to Falkreath and spoke with everyone in the town people started giving me quests and the Jarl that hated me started to like me and eventually gave me the quest to become thane! Now I have the plot of land!!!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!

It may help those who weren't already thane, for some reason some of us have been a falkreath thane a long time and upon d-loading the hearthfire dlc have suddenly become unpopular with the jarl even though we've done and re-done every possible falkreath related quest and radiant quest.

with my level 55 Imperial, I never made a choice as imperial or stormcloaks, but I'm an imperial and the replacement Dengeir of Stuhn never gives me the option to buy nor does his steward and I'm and have been Thane , also i did not kill Helvard for the DB nor cant do Ysolda gift quest for mammoth tusk as my speech is too high. , so every few days i go back there and i'll get random quest from the steward but never an option to buy ...Gonna finish Dawnstar as a Vampire Lord and keep at it....

• 3 weeks later...
Me like many others didnt get any options to buy or talk to the jarl/steward. But after reading around i found out that there are a couple of quest that blocks you from getting any new conversation with them.

If you have any of the following in your quest list, make sure you complete them and talk to the jarl/steward again. Atleast it worked for me :)

Getting the book The Mirror for captain Aldis in Solitude

Getting a Mammoth Tusk for Ysolda in Whiterun

Getting the book Song of the Alchemists for Lami in Morthal

Getting the book Night falls on Sentinel for Rustleif in Dawnstar

Getting an Amulet of Arkay for Torbjorn Shatter-Shield in Windhelm

Just want to say i've been trying everthing for this to work and then i found this and did and only one i hadnt done was the amulet of arkay! i finished that quest an did like 2 more in falkreath and i could buy my last piece of property !! thanks man!!

Just want to say i've been trying everthing for this to work and then i found this and did and only one i hadnt done was the amulet of arkay! i finished that quest an did like 2 more in falkreath and i could buy my last piece of property !! thanks man!!

Grats. :)

Now someone fix mine before my new toon reaches and bypasses the one I've been trying to fix all this time. :D

P.S. Woot, no longer a "peon" ;)

Edited by buggss