Official Golden Key Thread/FAQ

Wildmn34

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Djens"

Go extras in the game menu then put in your e-mail you registered and the pasword. An then you will get a screen like this.

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r629/madeyepadeye/photo_zps601c8c91.jpg

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r629/madeyepadeye/bfxsigmadeyepadeye-1.jpg

Thank you!

Somehow this neat trick gave me 2 golden keys... so now I have 3. Dafuq?

I accidentally opened the gold chest very early in the game and decided that instead of saving or continuing on that i would just shut off my xbox and restart...what happened that i wasnt prepared for was when i started up my last save the chest was closed again like i had planned but the golden key had been used anyway so My tip to you is if you open it deal with it.

Wanna say thanks to azGRIMES for posting that video, it lets me know what to expect. I mostly play a snipper expert but there were plenty of times in the first game where a rocket launcher was handy. Also its good to have two keys, using one around level twenty and the other at end-game.

I accidentally opened it at like level 6 LOL. Got a shield with 300 capacity and some shitty gun with like 40 damage :rock

Well, it's not going to ruin this game for me, I plan on doing one playthrough per character anyways. I also like using shitty guns at all levels, it makes the game more competitive and difficult. Best weapon I have right now is a Sniper with 98 damage lol.

"Djens"

Go extras in the game menu then put in your e-mail you registered and the pasword. An then you will get a screen like this.

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r629/madeyepadeye/photo_zps601c8c91.jpg

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r629/madeyepadeye/bfxsigmadeyepadeye-1.jpg

I registered my email and password on the site. When I go to extras in game I have no way to enter my email. It just says authenticating. I also couldn't link my account to my 360 on the site...what gives? Ok, I reloaded the game and then was able to link it.

Edited by KeepEmRolling

Figured out a gold key glitch that works. just did it 20 times no issue.

Video with clear instruction coming sometime today or tomorrow the latest.

P.s so far no class mods but plenty guns, nade, shields in magenta and purple. If you have a purple gunzerker class mod purple under level 33 that would be cool. After the video and instructions are up.

Edited by Lonegunman718

Figured out a gold key glitch that works. just did it 20 times no issue.

Video with clear instruction coming sometime today or tomorrow the latest.

P.s so far no class mods but plenty guns, nade, shields in magenta and purple. If you have a purple gunzerker class mod purple under level 33 that would be cool. After the video and instructions are up.

well tell us in words first then we can check it out and for witch level

Any recommendations as to what level to use these keys at. I have three (one for pre-order, one for shift, and I haven't a clue how I got the third) and I really wanna try one out, but I also don't wanna waste them. I'm only level 11 as I've not had much time to play because of work, so I don't wanna use it too early, but at the same time, my schedule is forcing me to solo this at the moment so the extra help with some good weapons would be nice as all the loot I'm getting is garbage for the most part (still using the Gold pre-order weapons as there the best stuff I have).

well tell us in words first then we can check it out and for witch level

I wouldn't do any glitches to get more keys because the other day on a chat with fans on kotaku, randy pitchford said that their will be penalties against those who exploited the system. he said its possible that gearbox will strip weapons, remaining keys and other stuff from people who exploited it.

I wouldn't do any glitches to get more keys because the other day on a chat with fans on kotaku, randy pitchford said that their will be penalties against those who exploited the system. he said its possible that gearbox will strip weapons, remaining keys and other stuff from people who exploited it.

i only want to check it dont use it i love the game to much for that haha i dont wanne loose al my fine weapons enz

The signing up for Shift thing is pretty confusing. I signed up on both the website and then through the game just to be sure. It will tell you to enter a code that is supposed to be emailed to you. Never got the email and never entered the code. The next day I logged in and a pop up in game said I received my Gold Key for signing up with Shift. So if you've signed up and haven't received a code yet then just be patient. It should be on it's way.

So my buddy gets the game yesterday so I started a new character. I tell him about the keys but he doesn't pay attention. As soon as we get to santuary hes like "oh shit look at this" and open the box... He got lucky and got some amazing e-tech submachine gun and sniper for a level 8-9 that has lasted him for the past couple levels. He signs up for shift an hour later and it gives him 2 more keys....I'm jelly.....