Achievement Discussion

Kaens

• 2 months later...

From what I've played of the game so far (I've only played it on my 2nc account at this time in case i got no achievements) the game seems pretty easy.

Apparantly there is a way to do auto-restart online (any tips on this would be appreciated). Doing this gives quite a few achievements although it is pretty easy to get wins legitimately.

Also, the single player stories seem pretty straight forward, just buy some decent Y and B combos then mash X and knock the enemy over when it comes to the boss fights, dead easy to beat.

I'm not sure what the AI achievements are on about but I have the one with the Monkey face :p, any ideas on this would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else think it will be ridiculous to be ranked in the top 1%? You know there will be boosters who push that to be ridiculously high. If only there were gamers who weren't as-holes and once they got the achievement, started racking up losses like no other instead of trying to see how high they could boost to keep other from getting the achievement. The shitty thing too is that even if you were one of the first to get the game, you would still need 100 wins. I'm definately not getting this game now.

Anyone else think it will be ridiculous to be ranked in the top 1%? You know there will be boosters who push that to be ridiculously high. If only there were gamers who weren't as-holes and once they got the achievement, started racking up losses like no other instead of trying to see how high they could boost to keep other from getting the achievement. The shitty thing too is that even if you were one of the first to get the game, you would still need 100 wins. I'm definately not getting this game now.

From what I read from someone's post in some other thread, the dude said that the online isn't 2 players or whatever. You basically face the AI and all that. It sounds real stupid from what I read. So no online boosting for anyone. Unless they changed the American version.

Online against AI only? Where does the multiplayer come in then? How would it determine ranking? I understand that you don't have the answers, I'm just analyzing the achievements and trying to figure out how hard it will be to get 1000. Hopefuly that ranking is actually a set skill level if it is just against computers and you aren't really the top 1% in the world.

"

This is the same game as Kengo:Zero that was released in japan.

People should know before they buy it, IT DOES NOT HAVE 2 player combat on XBL.

The online for this game is very strange. Here is how it works.

Upon completing the story with any character, you will have developed him in a unique way. He (or she) will have different skills and abilities based on how you play. For instance, if you mostly counter, your character "learns" the counter skill.

When you go online you take any of the characters you have developed by completing their stories. From this point, you select a match. The computer will pick someone near you on the leaderboard, and then stage a match between your character and the one it has chosen. The cpu controls both characters, and the person who searched for the match simply watches. THERE IS NO ONLINE PLAY. Only online sim. Just a heads up for when people start asking about this game."

TheLazyWolf posted that. So you should send him a PM if you want more answers and etc. but these online achievements do really suck ass.

Oh my god! your kidding right online simulation, sounds new but very weird & basically by the sounds of it you just have to pray that your character wins matches which is what like 0.5% chance since this game has been out for like nearly a year in Japan which in my opinion is very unfair because there characters must be so high by now!

AI Achievements..

Late Attack (20) - If Counter Attacks constitute more than 20% of the total attacks

Early Attack (20) - If Combo attacks constitute more than 40% of the total attacks

Stealth Attack (20) If Ken attacks constitute more than 40% of the total attacks [anyone know what Ken attacks are?]

Untouchable Light (20) Complete a stage without being hit

Iron Guard (20) Defense rate is more than 80% for a stage, must be attacked 50x or more

Kumitachi Demon (20) Success rate of Kumitachi is more than 80% for a stage [AFAIK, this is grapple]

Pushes Back f/ Edge (20) Beat a Boss with lower than 5% of total health

Eye of God (20) Must obtain AI Traits "Tusba-zemari Bshr" and "Soku-giri" [not sure about first one, but Soku-giri comes from attacking while in a grapple rather than breaking/throwing]

Shrewd Observer (20) Must obtain AI traits "Kaeshi" and "Avoids Soku-giri" [i got Kaeshi once, but I'm not sure what it was related to]

• 4 months later...

Shrewd Observer "Must acquire AI traits Kaeshi and avoids Suko-giri"

Kaeshi--Getting out of a sword lock initiated by your opponent by tilting the left thumb stick in the opposite direction they are trying to pull you.

Avoids Suko-giri--This means dodging a sword attack coming from an opponent whom initiated a guard break. The easiest place to get this is on the boat level. There will be several enemies who very often initiate a guard break on you and then go for a suko-giri. Kill everyone else on the boat and just block untill the last guy initiates the gaurd break followed by a suko-giri, then dodge rinse and repeat about 10 times.

And now I'd like to ask you all for some help. I have never gotten the kaeshi trait. Has anyone found a stage that it is particularly easy to get kaeshi? How many times do you have to perform kaeshi? Is there a way to provoke bosses or certain enemy types into guard break and pulls? Any help on how to get kaeshi would be very appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Online Achievements:

You should probably be able to get to 5th dan and 10 wins by just sitting through your character's matches.

Then PERCENTAGE becomes a factor. You can get 20 wins but if you do not have a 50% win record the achivement will not unlock.

The winning percentage you need is clearly displayed on the achievements list screen so if you blow your percentage, STOP wasting your time with this character.

It can be very frustrating to watch as your character is supposed to emulate your own playing style and you'll probably not remember blocking that many shots with your body and face.

Hope that's of some use to some people.

Azrael

Online Achievements:

You should probably be able to get to 5th dan and 10 wins by just sitting through your character's matches.

Then PERCENTAGE becomes a factor. You can get 20 wins but if you do not have a 50% win record the achivement will not unlock.

The winning percentage you need is clearly displayed on the achievements list screen so if you blow your percentage, STOP wasting your time with this character.

It can be very frustrating to watch as your character is supposed to emulate your own playing style and you'll probably not remember blocking that many shots with your body and face.

Hope that's of some use to some people.

Azrael

Ranking is not based on win percentage, it is based on points. Points are derived from wins; you'll get 10 to 15 points after winning, depending on how much life you had left when you defeated your opponent. but you can still be in the top 10% with a WP under .500 as long as you've got more than about 187 points (as of this date). 187 points would give you a rank under 440

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

wow you must be a really miserable gamer while i do respect the gamerscore i cant help but to think how ridiculous it is not to pick up a game either rented or bought because u seem interested in it but not sure since you cant garantee 1k on it it must suck to be you. i love games and am quite an achievement whore myself but i realized how much time in my life i have wasted on these games so there for im satisfied with just playing the game through and if i didnt like it?? oh well at least i did it with my profile but who knows maybe your getting payed to have a perfect gamer card long story short its just sad that you have more gs than i do but for some reason i have more fun than you playing games dont worry dude you will ware out some day.

From what I've played of the

game so far (I've only played it on my 2nc account at this time in case i got no achievements) the game seems pretty easy.

Apparantly there is a way to do auto-restart online (any tips on this would be appreciated). Doing this gives quite a few achievements although it is pretty easy to get wins legitimately.

Also, the single player stories seem pretty straight forward, just buy some decent Y and B combos then mash X and knock the enemy over when it comes to the boss fights, dead easy to beat.

I'm not sure what the AI achievements are on about but I have the one with the Monkey face :p, any ideas on this would be appreciated.

ok so in other words there is no way to do the online ones unless you beat this crappy game? well that just reached a new point of gayness in my book.

"

This is the same game as Kengo:Zero that was released in japan.

People should know before they buy it, IT DOES NOT HAVE 2 player combat on XBL.

The online for this game is very strange. Here is how it works.

Upon completing the story with any character, you will have developed him in a unique way. He (or she) will have different skills and abilities based on how you play. For instance, if you mostly counter, your character "learns" the counter skill.

When you go online you take any of the characters you have developed by completing their stories. From this point, you select a match. The computer will pick someone near you on the leaderboard, and then stage a match between your character and the one it has chosen. The cpu controls both characters, and the person who searched for the match simply watches. THERE IS NO ONLINE PLAY. Only online sim. Just a heads up for when people start asking about this game."

TheLazyWolf posted that. So you should send him a PM if you want more answers and etc. but these online achievements do really suck ass.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I've found that there is a lot of confusion surrounding several of the secret achievements (i.e., the masks).

I found this post on the xbox forum for the game that has a lot of helpful tips. Its been a while since I played this game, but I think I'll pick it up again and try these tips out soon.

Here is the link and (if you are reading this) thanks Son ALA.

http://forums.xbox.com/15769687/ShowPost.aspx