Onyx Medals Guide and Discussion

Nikke84

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what has been decided as the quickest way to idle Skunker? I have 2 Xboxes.

I did KOTH. I put my gt on cog and then the 3 dummys on the other team, obviously. Disable weapon respawns, first to 60, 2 rounds, fill, hardcore/insane bots. It's about <90 seconds per round this way, if not 60 seconds.

So what's the quickest way to do heavy weapons? Mulcher or Mortars? Which map? I kind of miss Security now. I remember on Gears 2 playing KotH a couple times on there and sitting on the mortar spawn just firing at the hill. lol

I did mulchers on Thrashball. Set the mulcher, mortar, and smoke grenade to mulchers, x number of rounds, first to 240, fill, casual, weapon respawns to after use. Then when the match starts, get the mulcher at the smoke grenade and bring it down to where the mulcher/mortar is and just kill. Whenever u are running low on ammo in that mulcher, set it down (DO NOT use it all) and pick the other up and use it until it would fill up the other mulcher (ex: if the smoke grenade mulcher has 10 bullets left, use the other one down to 190). Then, pick the first mulcher back up and then pick the other one up with it to fill its ammo. This saves u the trouble and time of having to run back up the stairs to pick the mulcher back up again.

Has an efficient method for obtaining heavy weapon kills against bots been discovered? Don't really have a bunch of people/consoles that are willing to idle at my disposal. Thanks in advance.

Look at the post above yours. I did the same method as well and it's definitely the most effective way of getting Heavy Weapons kills.

Just a quick question and sorry if it has been aswered before in the thread (couldn't find anything). From what I gather there was an update to the arcade mode, which prevent's you from gliching the "chapters played medal". Is this correct or is it still possible to do? (without deleting all the updates)

I'm currently at 54\65 Onyx medals. TDM and Pyro weapons will be completed in about a week or so.

I need on advice on how to proceed with those two medals, though.

For TDM, I'm at the last 200 matches, and at about 450 kills (40 matches today = about 380 kills + 50 from the day before, matches set at 10 respawn tokens + the last 5 lives) with pyro weapons. The problem is, I don't want to go into Wingman with weapons outside of what you start with.

I need to know how many lives should I set up per match so that I can complete the Pyro Onyx medal alongside TDM. If I need to, I'll lower the amount of matches I do so that I can fit the kills within the limit.

Edited by Blue Papyrus

I have 41 Onyx and from what I can see the biggest pain or time consuming medals are skunker and wingman. I have skunker at 460 so I need over 2000 there and I have wingman at 122 so I need over 2800. I have one xbox with 2 controllers. I dont think there is a way to idle skunker with my setup. I have tried having 2nd controller on other team of warzone or execution with hardcore or insane bots and it never gives a skunker. In over 50 matches and 0 skunkers.

The wingman setup I have used is my two accounts on one team and 1 other team of insane bots. That leads to a game every 4 rounds.

Any ideas to help speed this along would be appreciated.

I've never had two Xbox 360s to work with in the past, but I am buying a second one very, very soon thanks to some extra income (and the fact that my fiancée always wants the TV when I want to use it...). I was wondering what kind of things I can easily boost by myself with two consoles. I am at 41/65 onyx. Medals I still need to work on include:

-Starting weapon, pistol, heavy weapon, explosive kills

-Headshots

-Executions/curbstomps

-Skunker

-Guardian (rescue leader)

-KOTH, TDM, Wingman matches

-First bloods

I am sure this has been posted about before (and I am sifting through posts), but I figured it might be a better use of my time to just post.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• 3 weeks later...
I have 41 Onyx and from what I can see the biggest pain or time consuming medals are skunker and wingman. I have skunker at 460 so I need over 2000 there and I have wingman at 122 so I need over 2800. I have one xbox with 2 controllers. I dont think there is a way to idle skunker with my setup. I have tried having 2nd controller on other team of warzone or execution with hardcore or insane bots and it never gives a skunker. In over 50 matches and 0 skunkers.

The wingman setup I have used is my two accounts on one team and 1 other team of insane bots. That leads to a game every 4 rounds.

Any ideas to help speed this along would be appreciated.

What I did for Skunker was put a controller(you and a guest) on separate teams. Then set the gametype as Capture The Leader, 2 rounds, 10 second capture time, full bots, put bots on insane difficulty, and disable all weapons. Doing this method you average anywhere from 3-5 Skunker per hour.

I know that it takes forever, but if you really want to idle it that is the best way I have found.

I apologize if somebody has already covered this within the previous 91 pages, but to get 6000 kills with Heavy Weapons, I found setting all weapon drops to Mortars during a King of the Hill match on Escalation was a really good way to get about 100-120 kills depending on whether you are able to spawn kill the bots at the beginning of the match while they are all grouped together.

For the High Roller, Ready For The Heavies ribbon, you can quit out right after unlocking it correct?

Correct.

just reached level 100 for the second time, should i re up or save it until after seriously 3.0. i only have 29 onyx medals

You should definitely re-up. Those last 36 medals will net you a hefty sum of experience points (especially War Hero) and you're more than likely to reach rank 100 again before getting your last medal. Even if you don't reach it (which is doubtful), you could simply play multiplayer as it yields a lot more experience nowadays; I believe it's 2.5x the original amount.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for a group to boost some onyx versus medals with. I can sign in two controllers for private match boosting. I will leave my box running while I sleep so other people can get free kills and vice versa. Message me on XBL for quicker response thanks.

My GT: LegendKiLLa20

I am looking for a group or few people to boost some onyx versus medals with. I can sign in two controllers for private match boosting. I will leave my box running while I sleep so other people can get free kills and vice versa. Message me on XBL for quicker response thanks.

My GT: LegendKiLLa20

Medal count 44/65 Onyx

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1401/UP8WP2c=.jpgSeriously 3.0 100 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Reach level 100 and earn every Onyx medal.

Gamertag: E vee dub

I unlocked this on Sat., April 20th, 2013.

The "Skunker" medal was the final onyx I needed.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y412/eddiencstate/Skunk2499_zpsed7952f6.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y412/eddiencstate/Skunk2500_zps7d3bb47c.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y412/eddiencstate/SkunkMedal_zps8bc0992e.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y412/eddiencstate/Seriously30blurry_zps7c98b5e5.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y412/eddiencstate/Seriously30gnasheronyx_zpse421bf7c.jpg

I know they're blurry, but I did the best I could.

The reason you see the Gnasher Shotgun Onyx is because I purposely sat at 5999 gnasher kills, so I wouldn't miss the achievement popping while I had my console running skunker matches. I used my last gnasher kill to pop the achievement.

Edited by E vee dub