Resident Evil 6 Reviews

demphra

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liking the game more the longer I play it. Still far to many QTE's constantly going on though. :D

i can see how that is an issue for many people thus i can understand that its hard to get into it. was the same with friends of mine who played this, they started to drop it but i wanted to play coop with them, so i dragged them along and they started to like it the more they played.

Glad you starting to like it :)

Edited by CoregBlue1

i can see how that is an issue for many people thus i can understand that its hard to get into it. was the same with friends of mine who played this, they started to drop it but i wanted to play coop with them, so i dragged them along and they started to like it the more they played.

Glad you starting to like it :)

Starting to get used to them, but omg that fucking rope part on Leons campaign was irritating me quick lol.

I don't know how you could compare this game to 4 or 5 really. To me it felt more like RE:ORC save for a closer camera.

The QTE itself is ridiculous; not one person buys a game because of the QTE, people are either indifferent to it or they do not like it

Agree, thats what i tough when i played the game, how it used stuff from ORC, but ORC was an off serie, i didn't mind it being different and honestly it was a rent for me... got trough the campaign, played a bit of the MP(didn't like the MP at all) then back at the store. I will probably buy it when it goes down to 15$, and MAYBE get the DLC for the story, but thats it... It was an experiment... not THAT bad, but not on par with RE5 for sure.

Then 6 seem to have incorporate the cover system(wich is very clunky) and most of the ennemies just shoot all the time...

And as for QTE i sooooo agree. One of my favorite game is Shenmue(and Shenmue 2 of course), for me its almost a masterpiece, but i remember those damn QTE really annoyed be in some parts, but that was the only thing that bothered me ocasionally so i loved the game. But i rather would just enjoy a cinematic. Its fun to put down the controller and watch the cinematics, but in RE6 you always need to stay focus and on the edge cause a damn button pushing will come.

Personally if QTE where the only problem of this game, i wouldn't mind... but the rest... Gears of Warfare 3... annoys me too.

im a die hard re fan i played them all and from playing the game all i can say is this is definitely one of the best resident evils to date. It just does everything right when i read the reviews for the game before it came out i thought wow it cannnot be that bad surely but after finishing the game it is miles better then half the reviews said it was and i really enjoyed playing through it the only complaints i have for it are the quick time events as usual are a pain and the fact theirs only 3 mercenaries maps.

The more i play it the more i like/love it. I just CAN'T see how this would score anything lower than a 6. Seriously, 0 - 4 should be like something unplayable or full of glitches which this game is clearly not.

I think most people were hoping to god that it is more horror and they are showing the action scenes to the public just for the COD crowd then it turns out that most of the game is action packed with horror elements as in zombies, creatures.etc for those type of people i don't know, i think they should have known after RE4, RE will never be horror unless they say "We will be doing a remake" or "We will be doing a classic style RE" as long as it stays 3rd person, it'll be action with horror elements.

The game can also be paused and also there are many settings for the aiming which surprised me.

EDIT: It's funny how Skyrim which definitely is an amazing game because of how big it is but on the PS3 it's a disaster. Game breaking glitches, can't play, DLC till now Bethesda can't release it YET it scored a 9's and 10's. Even excluding the fact that PS3 never even had the DLC's, it's still weird that with the problems that face the PS3 (which is why more than 360) it still scored the same with reviewers, lol.

For a game like Skyrim, at least on the 360 i was more than willing to accept the small bugs and the stuff that didn't worked at first. I had no "unplayable issues" but couple glitches and shitties ocasionally. But see how this beast is huge... it was bind to have a few problems. Bethesda cleared much of them and the game is one of the best game of this generation hand down.

Also Skyrim kept much of what was good in Oblivion and improved what needed improvement(hitting system for exemple)

I can't say for the PS3 version but on the 360 its a 9.5/10 for me.

To come back to RE, well... its the fact that there is some points the series could go without crossing the line. When RE5 was introduced on video and such we where like "damn... im on a turret in a truck shooting ganados??" we taugh it was a bit too much action, but it turned out the game was very fun, action yes but NOT TOO MUCH and the trailers got me pumped out with Wesker in it.

Now RE6 i got to admit the trailers didn't impress me like those of RE5, cool Sherry was back, Wesker has a son? (Im sorry but i can't imagine Wesker having a love affair...) and basically im was more or less like "ok cool RE6 is coming" but nothing more. Then the demo came and the game showed how Gears of Warfare it was... and i was even less impress.

Now after having done Jake, i was disapointed but Leon pumped me up more yesterday. Im off for 2 days tomorow so i will have more time to play, it kinda kill me to not be able to look at the spoilers thread and avancing so slow because of work.

But if i can say something, i think Jake's Campaign is a colossal failure... storywise it didn't show anything that special even tough it was good(mostly due to the interaction with Sherry) but gameplay wise i totally hated most of it. There is a like ONE chapter i didn't mind too much but thats about it. Other chapters where packed with machine gun ennemies and army vehicules...

This is pretty much why i picked Leon instead of Chris second, because i feared if i would go into this Gears of Warfare clunky gameplay once again, it could give me a sour taste of RE6 and i would go into Leon without much enthousiasm.

Im crossing my finger for Ada, but i don't have much hope for Chris...

For a game like Skyrim, at least on the 360 i was more than willing to accept the small bugs and the stuff that didn't worked at first. I had no "unplayable issues" but couple glitches and shitties ocasionally. But see how this beast is huge... it was bind to have a few problems. Bethesda cleared much of them and the game is one of the best game of this generation hand down.

Also Skyrim kept much of what was good in Oblivion and improved what needed improvement(hitting system for exemple)

I can't say for the PS3 version but on the 360 its a 9.5/10 for me.

To come back to RE, well... its the fact that there is some points the series could go without crossing the line. When RE5 was introduced on video and such we where like "damn... im on a turret in a truck shooting ganados??" we taugh it was a bit too much action, but it turned out the game was very fun, action yes but NOT TOO MUCH and the trailers got me pumped out with Wesker in it.

Now RE6 i got to admit the trailers didn't impress me like those of RE5, cool Sherry was back, Wesker has a son? (Im sorry but i can't imagine Wesker having a love affair...) and basically im was more or less like "ok cool RE6 is coming" but nothing more. Then the demo came and the game showed how Gears of Warfare it was... and i was even less impress.

Now after having done Jake, i was disapointed but Leon pumped me up more yesterday. Im off for 2 days tomorow so i will have more time to play, it kinda kill me to not be able to look at the spoilers thread and avancing so slow because of work.

But if i can say something, i think Jake's Campaign is a colossal failure... storywise it didn't show anything that special even tough it was good(mostly due to the interaction with Sherry) but gameplay wise i totally hated most of it. There is a like ONE chapter i didn't mind too much but thats about it. Other chapters where packed with machine gun ennemies and army vehicules...

This is pretty much why i picked Leon instead of Chris second, because i feared if i would go into this Gears of Warfare clunky gameplay once again, it could give me a sour taste of RE6 and i would go into Leon without much enthousiasm.

Im crossing my finger for Ada, but i don't have much hope for Chris...

I finished Jake first, then Chris, and I just started on Leon last night. Let me tell you, Jake's is the worst campaign for the exactly the reasons you cited. I was also scared of doing Chris' campaign second, for the reasons you stated. I did it anyways though, and I'm glad I did. Chris' campaign is not bad at all. It has its moments that are pretty bad, but overall, it's so much better than Jake's campaign. You get more tension, better character, and more insight into the story. Overall, it's much easier to go "Well, I want to keep playing this!" than it was for Jake's campaign. I'd recommend Chris' campaign second and then Leon's last. Leon's is definitely the best.

Wow, this Game left me speechless... In a bad way! What in the name of dear good are you there, it's me, Margret where they thinking?

Let alone the fact that this is supposed to be a Resident Evil... You get a ton of tied up Action Sequences that are absolutely forgetable. Add clunky controls, annoying enemies, a really poor camera and some of the stupidiest ideas in video game history and you've got one of the greatest failures in 2012 easily.

While I enjoyed Leons first two chapters, it started to get really awkward the further you get in the Game. Absolutely no atmosphere, tons of enemies, jumping and running Zombies... You get the Idea.

Chris' Campaing was just a waste of time, it wanted to be CoD so bad, failed the attemt, period. Felt like a six hour commercial for explosions... Seriously WTH??? And that Hummvee "driving" sequence? And the Harrier Jump Jet? If not hours before, that's where they lost me...

Jake was kind of interessting, but the nerverdead Ustanak got boring real quick, the sneaky bug sequences were annoying as hell...

Ada couln't make it up to me. Another sneaky mission with some really bad design moments, the helicopter missions and this really, really stupid pile of crap bossfight, where sou sit in the chopper and hold down the trigger for constantly what felt like an hour or nearish.

And what's that for an idea to fight every big boss encounter at least twice? Hell, it felt like I shoot down that apache at least 10 Times!

And by the love of my mother, I so swear I heard that Transformer-Sound every time the Leon-Boss changed form...

Oh well, if THIS is the future of Videogaming, I better get the hell outta here!

So long folks, thanks for reading!

Edited by bscalimero3

...for those type of people i don't know, i think they should have known after RE4, RE will never be horror unless they say "We will be doing a remake" or "We will be doing a classic style RE" as long as it stays 3rd person, it'll be action with horror elements.

The problem with this is that Revelations exists. Revelations brought hope, a lot of hope, to a lot of us older fans (of the series) that the staff of the game had realized the mistakes of their deviations, the good that came from them, and how to correct and mesh things together to create something wonderful moving forward. After playing Revelations I was left with a feeling of, "They get it, awesome!" and I became excited for 6, unlike any of the games after RE 2. So to pick up RE 6 and be treated to whatever the hell of a mess it is, well, it was shocking and disappointing on so many levels.

It also doesn't help that the 360 version, the one I played through first (and the version most reviewers seem to have), is a god awful port. I got my hands on the PS3 version today and the difference between the two is night and day. Going through it again, it feels like I'm playing a completely different game, gameplay quality wise and visually (nothing else can be saved unfortunately). Just a note though, visually it's still nothing to write home about, it doesn't compare 5, or Revelations (3DS) even, but it's a lot less fake FXAA'd into oblivion.

Let alone the fact that this is supposed to be a Resident Evil... You get a ton of tied up Action Sequences that are absolutely forgetable. Add clunky controls, annoying enemies, a really poor camera and some of the stupidiest ideas in video game history and you've got one of the greatest failures in 2012 easily.

that is the foundation to a resident evil game... IDK what ppl were expecting, to me the game was awesome... but i practically LOVE resident evil!

Nevertheless, that was one hell of an interesting read! and i agree with about 80% of it. But it didn't make me dislike the game..

Although, the QTE during the Dino-Simmons fight where you have to run up to him with leon and hit RT and the go into a SPAM (A) contest was kinda pissing me off. My shoulder and my wrist started hurting because i was putting so much into it AND i still only won it once! luckily if you keep downing him you get to proceed either way.

Edited by i fist brown i

I've been playing Resident Evil since it came out on the PSX, and I love RE6 so far. I hate when people speak for the RE 'Veterans' as if they're one unified voice in saying that RE6 sucks.

Leon's Campaign is by far the closest thing resembling an 'action horror', with some excellent use of shadows and lighting to create atmosphere, though it's not actually scary. Chris' campaign is essentially an action shooter, save one or two creepy moments. Haven't played Jakes or Adas yet, but so far, I consider Resident Evil 6 a 10/10 game. Doesn't mean its without flaws, and then are plenty of them, but I'm just having such an awesome time playing it, and the game has about 40 hours gameplay in it excluding replay value, it's just immense.

Don't get me wrong, I want The game to be good, but sadly that is just not the fact.

The controls were a lot better in RE4 and 5, the Inventory sucks so bad that it hurts, Weaponsystem... Cycle through an assload of weapons till I get the one I want, press up or down for grenades AND health???

Sorry, this game has so much flaws, design failures and is overall just annoying and boring... I justcan't overlook it!

The old days are gone, I get this, but how can anyone in the world truly say that this is better in any case?

Like, seriously?

I am happy for the players, that can actually enjoy this Title, I for gods sake just couldn't!

The problem with this is that Revelations exists. Revelations brought hope, a lot of hope, to a lot of us older fans (of the series) that the staff of the game had realized the mistakes of their deviations, the good that came from them, and how to correct and mesh things together to create something wonderful moving forward. After playing Revelations I was left with a feeling of, "They get it, awesome!" and I became excited for 6, unlike any of the games after RE 2. So to pick up RE 6 and be treated to whatever the hell of a mess it is, well, it was shocking and disappointing on so many levels.

It also doesn't help that the 360 version, the one I played through first (and the version most reviewers seem to have), is a god awful port. I got my hands on the PS3 version today and the difference between the two is night and day. Going through it again, it feels like I'm playing a completely different game, gameplay quality wise and visually (nothing else can be saved unfortunately). Just a note though, visually it's still nothing to write home about, it doesn't compare 5, or Revelations (3DS) even, but it's a lot less fake FXAA'd into oblivion.

Hmm, i can see where you are coming from. Unfortunately for me i didn't play Revelations because i don't own a 3DS. However, with the game's stupid producer statements like this one http://www.computerandvideogames.com/371180/resident-evil-6-trades-niche-horror-for-mass-market-appeal-says-producer/ and where he compared the fans as the children and them having control of the IP as the parents.

There was already no hope left to it being even remotely horror. So, i can see why many people would be disappointed. As for me, i am enjoying it for what it is and if you watch Shane's discussion about it in this great episode

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/7y9qou/invisible-walls-episode-227--resident-evil-rumble *cue in the 32:30 mark for RE6 discussion*

You can see where i am coming from. But, if they told me to play RE: Remake or if they are going to make another RE but in classic form, then i would take that over RE6 ANYDAY.

that is the foundation to a resident evil game... IDK what ppl were expecting, to me the game was awesome... but i practically LOVE resident evil!

The new controls where smooth in RE4 and RE5, i didn't like RE4 storywise but i remember i loved the gameplay, it was fun. I just hoped the story would be more interesting and as i mentioned after the story masterpiece that was Code Veronica(for a RE and a survival horor at least) i felt so disapointed i was going against some villager pecnos and a cult of alien worshipers... felt no RE at all. But the gameplay was fun...

RE5 kept pretty much the same gameplay, i had a lot of fun playing it and the story was this time way better(to me at least)

But RE6... so much annoys me, don't know if its because the ennemies always grab me, there hard to avoid, i take a shit load of damage or whatever, but i feel the camera is too close(compare to the previous games) the visibility is annoying and they added 2-3 new cool thingies for the gameplay, yet for the HUGE transformation of this game into an action fest it was not enought. RE5 had its action moments, it had ennemies with gun too, but it didn't happen all the time and the pace was good. RE6 tries to put you into a non-stop action sequence from the get go to the end, yet still with the controls of a game that should be slower paced...

This is why RE6 is very frustrating by some parts, and i agree i would take 3 times the inventory system of RE5 than the one from RE6... i rather have everything accesible by ONE button.

Destro, try it on PS3 if you have the option. It pretty much clears up any issues with the controls being awful, which tends to be the case when there is no screen delay and input lag.

I have it for both 360 and PS3, I can't tell a difference. The 360 version works perfectly for me.

I hear you, I'm enjoying it now that I have it on PS3. Seriously, night and day, what a terrible port the 360 version is. It's still bad on everything but a gameplay level, but it's RE combat 2.0 and I'm OK with that.

I kept trying to decide what system to buy for and I ended up playing RE6 on the Xbox. Tell me tho, what are the differences between the two? graphics? Sound?

I have it for both 360 and PS3, I can't tell a difference. The 360 version works perfectly for me.

If you're willing to let it slide, that's one thing, it being technically flawed is not up for debate.

jules;

The differences are probably minor to the majority, but for me, they matter greatly. The graphics are a lot better on the PS3 version as the fake FXAA slider doesn't seem to be set on overkill, but instead "just right." With this, things are less blury, more smooth (looks like actual AA reproduction which FXAA is designed to achieve at less of a hit on performance). It's extremely noticeable in the games cut-scenes and particles. On the 360 version, for example, smoke and fire have this unnatural "digitized" effect, this is gone on the PS3.

More importantly though, the 360 version has input latency. It's probably not so much that your average person would notice this a problem off the bat (they'd have to know what it looks/feels like to begin with on this level). In fact, it's not enough that your crosshair doesn't move when you move the stick; it's so slight that it only effects the fluidity from point A to point B (which some people anymore may be insensitive to, I am not). This doesn't start and stop with aiming though, it slows down QTE progress, the time it takes to trigger a proper action, say, eat a tablet, melee, etc. It doesn't make the 360 version feel broken, but it makes it feel "clunky" as people here are calling it.

If someone has a problem/dislike with the PS3 controller over the 360 one though, I'd say stick with it on the 360. If you're uncomfortable, all the fluidity in the world isn't going to make it feel better.

Edited by Strid

i dont have a PS3 so its out of the question, but personally its a matter of thecnicalities like you mentioned.. its how the whole game is designed.. for exemple ennemies in RE4 and 5 could get really close, then swing(you still had time to shoot them in the head to stop there animation) yet in RE6 they are not even close and BAM they jump and grab you... happens all the time... i always end up loosing life because of this. There is also so much "kill all ennemies" sequences ... where i try to run left and right to avoid being damage... but lets face it, this gameplay is not made to be played as a GOW... im sorry but just NOT...