Would this be possible?

Plug in two controllers, start the first level on legendary, let my main account hang back and go thru the level with the 2nd controller. Would my main account then get all 3 co-op "bet a level on X difficulty" achievements as well as the ones for beating the first level without picking up an overshield or health pack, seeing as I won't be doing anything with my main account?

Wow, just done this...not only do you get all the co-op difficulty achievements for 80G, and the Pillar of Autum specific achievements worth 35G, but also if you make sure you're main account is away from the action you will get the achievement for completing a level without taking damage for 20G. And if that isn't enough for you, how about sticking 3 skulls on to get that achievement for 50G!

Making that a combined total of 185G for one level. Eeeeasssy

The entire game works like this. The only two achievements that don't work are the for killing Banshees on Level 2 and Wraiths on Level 5. You have to do these with your own controller. You'll also have an issue completing level 7 because both players will need to be present. You'll probably want to get the speed run achievement solo since it will mostly involve skipping fights. You won't want to have to do that with two players.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The entire game works like this. The only two achievements that don't work are the for killing Banshees on Level 2 and Wraiths on Level 5. You have to do these with your own controller. You'll also have an issue completing level 7 because both players will need to be present. You'll probably want to get the speed run achievement solo since it will mostly involve skipping fights. You won't want to have to do that with two players.

Also you can not achieve That Just Happened in split screen Co-op - you either have to do it solo or do it with a friend online.

Also you can not achieve That Just Happened in split screen Co-op - you either have to do it solo or do it with a friend online.

Not sure. I did got all the achievements offline w/o any help from online. But then again I used a 2nd acct. The only thing I can confirm is that beating "The Library" coop w/ a dummy controller is impossible. I know I tried. It's the only one I haven't beaten on legendary coop yet. got to do it online. Also its the only level of the entire game I hate the most and is the most difficult.