Harder? Call of Duty (Veteran) or Halo (Legendary)

JimCant

Which is harder to complete?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which is harder to complete?

• Halo (LEGENDARY)
    • Call of Duty (VETERAN)

Cod seems to be getting easier as the series progress' but there are points in the campaigns that you seem not be able to physically pass and can take a serious amount of time whilst Halo has more frequent checkpoints and the game does not punish you for going slow and picking off enemies one at a time

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who says veteran has obv never done legendary solo. Its difficult. Where as cod I could do blindfolded. Its very easy with the exception of waw

the poll doesn't say all COD except WAW....COD 3 was pretty difficult as well. Genade spam plus infinite enemy re-spawn > sidestepping elites.

the poll doesn't say all COD except WAW....COD 3 was pretty difficult as well. Genade spam plus infinite enemy re-spawn > sidestepping elites.

Lol yea, because smoke grenade > run past the hardest bits in the level is so hard.

I still think Halo is harder than COD, any day of the week.

• 8 months later...

My vote has to go to the Halo series. They have had their easy moments, like Halo 3 and ODST, but Halo 2 got its reputation for difficulty for a reason, and Halo 4 hasn't disappointed. Sure COD 2 was hard, but it's not a legitimate difficulty, it's more randomized and luck-based. For a long time that was the only COD I'd played, but I just started COD 4 on Veteran, and I got through the first three chapters in about an hour, so I'm not expecting too much. Good game, though, and I'm liking the quick gamerscore.

i think the AI in cod is terrible they just dont take cover at all and i just really have no problem with cod veteran difficulty, cod vehicles are easy to deal with.

anyone remember the halo 2 jackal snipers and buggers(drones) they were horrible haha

i will say cod veteran spec ops missions are a nice challenge compared to halo 4 terrible spartan ops

I went with COD.

I have more time spent with COD so there is some biased there. You can also have a buddy hop into a game with you for Halo so that changes things a bit.... wish COD had coop...

try playing halo legendary solo, halo 2 had iron on where 1 person dies you both go back to checkpoint.

hell try halo 3,reach or halo 4 with all skulls on thats just damn near impossible.

and didnt cod waw have co op?

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

This is actually a really tough question. You have to compare Legendary solo with Veteran because you cant play COD in coop. COD 3, 4, and World at War were extremely stupid hard at parts. Halo 2 and 4's Legendary difficulties are insane as well. In my opinion, every COD after those three I mentioned were cake, so I'm going with Legendary as being more difficult.

try playing halo legendary solo, halo 2 had iron on where 1 person dies you both go back to checkpoint.

hell try halo 3,reach or halo 4 with all skulls on thats just damn near impossible.

and didnt cod waw have co op?

If we are talking solo you have a good point but again I just havent played enough halo to justify the pick. Everytime I think halo I think coop because it is a lot more fun to hop into a game with a buddy and a couple of beers.

I cant remember if waw had it or not but wish it was something they could add to all of their games across the board.

It genuinely baffles me how people think Halo is hard on Legendary...side stepping enemy attacks, noob-combo and there's no infinite respawn...

Call of Duty gets my vote by default...and those aren't even that bad either :confused:

In fact, Call of Duty 2 is easily the only difficult CoD title, in my opinion.

Edited by BiggD

If we are talking solo you have a good point but again I just havent played enough halo to justify the pick. Everytime I think halo I think coop because it is a lot more fun to hop into a game with a buddy and a couple of beers.

I cant remember if waw had it or not but wish it was something they could add to all of their games across the board.

yh same halo is best enjoyed with a friend but theres usually an achievement for beating the game solo on legendary.

halo 2 was still hard in co op. on legendary if one player dies you both revert to checkpoint

It genuinely baffles me how people think Halo is hard on Legendary...side stepping enemy attacks, noob-combo and there's no infinite respawn...

Call of Duty gets my vote by default...and those aren't even that bad either :confused:

i dont find either of the two games hard either thats so many more games out there that give me more of a challenge on the harder difficultys i jus think halo was harder than cod . cod AI either stands in the open and you just play peekaboo promethean knights pissed me off on halo 4 tho they like to rush you and one hot you lol and when you kill one theres usually some watcher that revived him on the sly

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

i dont find either of the two games hard either thats so many more games out there that give me more of a challenge on the harder difficultys i jus think halo was harder than cod . cod AI either stands in the open and you just play peekaboo promethean knights pissed me off on halo 4 tho they like to rush you and one hot you lol and when you kill one theres usually some watcher that revived him on the sly

Yep the prometheans were extreme bitches and had me want to give up at certain points because I got a lousy checkpoint. But I gave it a 2-3 day break and when I came back I beat that level within an hour. Halo 2 was still harder in my opinion. Everything about that Legendary run I did on original xbox was a nightmare D:

Yep the prometheans were extreme bitches and had me want to give up at certain points because I got a lousy checkpoint. But I gave it a 2-3 day break and when I came back I beat that level within an hour. Halo 2 was still harder in my opinion. Everything about that Legendary run I did on original xbox was a nightmare D:

halo 2 was defo a nightmare, the sniper jackals jut 1 shotting you cros map with crazy accuracy,the bugger drones just flying all over the place raping you with rapid fire plasma pistols, the prophet and the final boss just felt invincible a well damn that game made me mad haha

You obviously haven't beat World at War on veteran.

You obviously haven't beat World at War on veteran.

People kept saying that about WaW, but the only real difficulty was the infinite grenades that were being thrown at you. Even still, the only level where that was a real problem was the level you were in the trenches. Both CoD2 and CoD3 were harder IMO.

People kept saying that about WaW, but the only real difficulty was the infinite grenades that were being thrown at you. Even still, the only level where that was a real problem was the level you were in the trenches. Both CoD2 and CoD3 were harder IMO.

The only reason CoD2 and CoD3 are hard is because the graphics always mess up allowing the enemy to stick their guns through walls and shoot you to death through them... It also doesn't help that the Nazi enemies seem to soak up bullets like BBs.

halo 2 was defo a nightmare, the sniper jackals jut 1 shotting you cros map with crazy accuracy,the bugger drones just flying all over the place raping you with rapid fire plasma pistols, the prophet and the final boss just felt invincible a well damn that game made me mad haha

There was nothing easy about that campaign. the final two levels with brutes galore and even the flood were no joke. Oh, and the flying banshee part --- Accurate as hell enemy banshees.

*shivers at the memories*