Miscellaneous Award Stuff

Creech

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, I added three awards to thank those members of the site who have referred others. This gets tracked automatically, and I have the report of who has earned this, it just will take me a bit to get them all handed out. Basically, I am saying don't request it right away, give me a chance to get things updated.

Referrals - Bronze (5 referrals)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/ref-bronze-64.png

Referrals - Silver (10 referrals)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/ref-silver-64.png

Referrals - Gold (20 referrals)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/ref-gold-64.png

These are all handed out at. Going forward, anyone who earns one will need to request it in the Awards Request thread in the Feedback Forum.

Hey Creech. Someone told me there is a way to check how many referrals you have in your account settings. Is that true and if so can you direct me?

When you view your profile, you can check under the "Statistics" tab. All the way at the bottom under General Information. You currently have one.

Edit: -sigh-

Took a look at some of the individuals who got the award. Thought it was funny to see "Stallion 83" and "Stallion83", which are both fake banned users with 0 posts with a bronze referral trophy. His actual account doesn't even have 5 referrals, yet some fake one has like 27.

I wonder if anyone put "Maka91" instead of my username...

Anyways, congrats to all those who received theirs today.

Edited by Maka

Took a look at some of the individuals who got the award. Thought it was funny to see "Stallion 83", a fake banned user with 0 posts with a bronze referral trophy.

Or the other fake Stallion account, "Stallion83." That person got a gold referral award.

Took a look at some of the individuals who got the award. Thought it was funny to see "Stallion 83" and "Stallion83", which are both fake banned users with 0 posts with a bronze referral trophy. His actual account doesn't even have 5 referrals, yet some fake one has like 27.

I wonder if anyone put "Maka91" instead of my username...

Hahahaha! Clearly I was in zombie mode and wasn't checking to see if they were valid accounts or not. Ah well, gives me something else to go clean up. :)

Is the forum for the site referrals up already ?

I don't believe there will be a forum for that. Why would there be? Referrals are tracked as a statistic on your profile, and when you get the appropriate amount of them you'll be granted the award. If you have the appropriate amount for an award and haven't been given it, you can request it in the appropriate thread here...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=245975

...I used the word appropriate a few times :p

I don't believe there will be a forum for that. Why would there be? Referrals are tracked as a statistic on your profile, and when you get the appropriate amount of them you'll be granted the award. If you have the appropriate amount for an award and haven't been given it, you can request it in the appropriate thread here...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=245975

...I used the word appropriate a few times :p

Just asking cause I had read on here that they were going to make a separate thread to have the people "I" refered to x360a confirm that "I" did refer them. Since the people "I" referred never put my name down when they were signing up for x360a.

I just had 2 more people sign up, and they put my name as a referral, but it does not reflect in my profile. I should exactly '5 referrals' right now.

...Haha I noticed you did :p

Just asking cause I had read on here that they were going to make a separate thread to have the people "I" refered to x360a confirm that "I" did refer them. Since the people "I" referred never put my name down when they were signing up for x360a.

I just had 2 more people sign up, and they put my name as a referral, but it does not reflect in my profile. I should exactly '5 referrals' right now.

...Haha I noticed you did :p

Ohhh I gotcha. I was not aware we were doing anything like that (hadn't read it anywhere) but I must have overlooked it. That is probably good that we are doing a check rather than just automatically assuming that referrals are legitimate. If you don't mind me asking (since I'd rather be informed than sound like a dolt), where did you hear about that forum?

Ohhh I gotcha. I was not aware we were doing anything like that (hadn't read it anywhere) but I must have overlooked it. That is probably good that we are doing a check rather than just automatically assuming that referrals are legitimate. If you don't mind me asking (since I'd rather be informed than sound like a dolt), where did you hear about that forum?

I was looking for the thread in the forums, but couldn't find it, not sure if the thread got deleted or if individual posts get deleted after a few days.

I read it sometime last week. When I guess the new awards for this year were shown. Not sure if that helps. I will keep looking for the thread and I will link it in this comment.

EDIT: Its actually in the beginning of this thread. Read the first couple comments.

Damn, was hoping the referral awards would use the same numbers as achievement tiles. I have many referrals but only one listed me :(

Well when the nominations thread gets posted up, spam the people who didn't refer you and get them to put your name down! :p
Edited by MeonOner

Now I'm slightly confused. What Nozza said sounds like a thread for people to refer you who simply didn't do so when they filled out their application for membership to the forum. Is it that or is it "proof" of referrals? Or both?

To me I understood it as a thread for you to go and type in the names of the users you refereed (who did not fill out the 'referred' portion of the membership application), that way an x360a staff can check with that user to see if they were really referred by you.

Also I have another question: What is a micro guide ?

Edited by MeonOner

To me I understood it as a thread for you to go and type in the names of the users you refereed (who did not fill out the 'referred' portion of the membership application), that way an x360a staff can check with that user to see if they were really referred by you.

I see. That makes sense.

Also I have another question: What is a micro guide ?

Just like Saiyu linked to, it's essentially guides for "smaller", sub-200 point games as well as DLC depending upon its size/complexity.

I see. That makes sense.

Just like Saiyu linked to, it's essentially guides for "smaller", sub-200 point games as well as DLC depending upon its size/complexity.

That's why I was inquiring to see if there was or is going to be such a thread for the "Referral" awards.

Yea after reading the post it makes sense. Micro = very small. And usually those free Kinect games or free Windows game are maxed out at 50:gsicon:, so I thought it was cool how they made a separate award for those type of games.

Yea after reading the post it makes sense. Micro = very small. And usually those free Kinect games or free Windows game are maxed out at 50:gsicon:, so I thought it was cool how they made a separate award for those type of games.

Agreed, it's nice to see a separate award for them. I might actually be motivated to write a guide for something like that too, since I doubt they take half as much time as a regular guide and my time is stretched pretty thin usually ;)

I know someone (maybe Nozza?) suggested a thread like this, but currently that is all it is...a suggestion. I don't want you to think I am shooting anything down, but I also don't want to leave this out here as a "definite" when that is not the case.

I know someone (maybe Nozza?) suggested a thread like this, but currently that is all it is...a suggestion. I don't want you to think I am shooting anything down, but I also don't want to leave this out here as a "definite" when that is not the case.

Thanks for chiming in on that, we needed the clarification.

So the referral system for now is just as it stands, I take it? Then there has to be an explanation for poor MeonOner's profile missing the two referrals then... like, does it take a while to update? Does a mod/admin have to confirm the new person's account for it to be added to the number referrals? etc. I guess I should be asking MeonOner if they actually put his name down or not :p

Either way it's trivial, we are just talking about a picture under someone's profile here. The more important part is that new people are making their way to the site. I just like to understand how everything works I guess... it's the way I am.