*Ending Spoilers* For those who beat the game: Final thoughts? Ideas for a sequel?

lazygammer13

I just beat the game and thought it was utterly fantastic. It might have had some limits by being an arcade game, but the voice acting, atmosphere, story, and gameplay were great. They may have not added a ton of strategy for the enemy encounters, but they kept the gameplay fresh by adding new things at the right times (Grappling hook, gas mask, ect.) I would love to continue the character's story and see what happened to his wife and daughter, and also how he died (assuming he did). At least they told us that he succeeded in his mission! thoughts anyone?

There's so much they could do for a sequel, but I have no idea how they'd pull it off. They didn't reveal what happened to Henry, the city (or at least parts of it) are flooded, it appears as though his wife has his video camera even though the last time we see him he's still in possession of it, there's no sign of his daughter... story-wise, there's a lot they need to wrap up.

As for what they could do, I think they need to head further north out of Haventon. There was a bridge there that they never really got to, and I'd like to see where it leads to.

There's so much they could do for a sequel, but I have no idea how they'd pull it off. They didn't reveal what happened to Henry, the city (or at least parts of it) are flooded, it appears as though his wife has his video camera even though the last time we see him he's still in possession of it, there's no sign of his daughter... story-wise, there's a lot they need to wrap up.

As for what they could do, I think they need to head further north out of Haventon. There was a bridge there that they never really got to, and I'd like to see where it leads to.

I Agree with what you just said.

I'd love the wife angle too, that'd bookend that part. Leave Henry as a mystery, I personally think he was a stooge, using Linda and Mei as bait to get the boat when someone suitable 'passed the test' of taking care of Mei and helping a 'wheelchair' user. Would like to think that, if they did include Henry, he sets out to find the Hero's wife, and she goes looking for him after finding out he set up her husband?

Wow, possible 2 more games there then:

1) Hero goes looking for Henry; records fact he's a stooge on the camcorder, stashes camcorder where he knows wife'll find it.

2) Wife goes after Henry.

There. That's better. As I wrote that, I formed those ideas as a better story arch :)

I hope this game got a good enough reception to make the leap to retail for the sequel/prequel. Because if it did sell well enough we will definitely see a sequel or a prequel, question is, did it sell well enough to be a retail title, did it sell well enough to be an arcade title, or didn't it sell well enough for ether?

I hope we see a retail version, I loved this game and I hated to see it end so quickly :'(

I couldn't put the game down. Then ran through it again to get all the survivors. Did it in just under 4 hours and can't wait to do it all again!!

The ending is actually pretty open for speculation. Obviously, the main character is no longer in possession of the camera but the woman honestly looked kind of young. Perhaps it's the daughter years later but that's probably stretching it. I can't recall how they looked in the family photo at his apartment.

Far as we know, the woman survived and has the camera. It's safe to assume he's dead b/c the camera is back at the apartment, not Henrys. I would assume he finally came home to die and then she stumbled upon him. Gonna play again today.

Even though it's speculation, I love the notion of the title indicating by the end, You Are NOT Alive. Much like Dead Space 2's Severed where by the end, Gabe winds up getting "Severed" =)

The ending was a bit sudden and unexplained, though because I didn't expect a lot story-wise, I wasn't really disappointed. I figured him filming in the middle of a foggy and dangerous amusement park got him killed, and Julie found the stuff some time after.

... although, it is somewhat strange for the bow, gun, and other valuable things to be left behind. Could very well be that the main character didn't die after all - at least, not murdered anyways.

A prequel would be cool! But I don't see what you would attack with because at the begining of the game he says that he has a pistol but has never shot it. Also the it is Henry that gives him the bow so I don't know what they could do really but all is welcome! Damn I wish it came out retail and that we got the before and after Haventon.

this was the best arcade game i ever played, and i myself assumed he died sometime after the journey ended, thats why the women watching the video was crying. it had to of happened sometime shortly after they reach the boat, as thats his last recording on the camera. who really knows, i just want more! just got done beating it on survivor in 2 hours.

I found the ending interesting the first time I had run through since I hadn't saved all the other survivors and thought I had gotten a bad ending. Went through on survivor 120%'d the game and the ending didn't change which is disappointing.

Yeah, it would have been great if there was a happy ending if you helped all 20 survivors.

• 4 weeks later...

They should bring out a dlc to continue on after the ending like start from when his wife was looking at the camera, then she goes and figures out how he died or where he is because IDiivil made a really good point:

"... although, it is somewhat strange for the bow, gun, and other valuable things to be left behind. Could very well be that the main character didn't die after all - at least, not murdered anyways."

he might be still be alive, but i did enjoy the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Great game, they could totally make a prequel or sequel.

Only regret though they could have make a really huge "entire" game with this one and not only an arcade game.

I really hope lots of people have buy it, because they have to devellop their universe ^^

• 11 months later...

I know we're talking about the ending here, but I have a question about the opening cinematic of the game.

Why, amongst all of our hero's in-game posessions laying around, is there a duffel bag on the floor absolutely STUFFED with cash?

Where did it come from? Why is it needed? Is it the girl's? Did our hero find it?

I don't remember if it was in the ending cinematic (I'm assuming it was), but that is the big question to me right now. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what really happens:

Henry was the ringleader of the bandits at the Amusement Park and was actually faking being crippled the whole time! He's the guy at the end with the Riot Gear that you have to shoot in the balls. The girl watching the camcorder is actually one of the liberated girls from the Hotel, and she's crying because she assumes he's dead after finding all his shit, but he's really just out enjoying a dip in the new Hot Springs of Haventon.

Linda gets scurvy on the boat and ends up dying, and Mae grows up to be a serious badass and the protagonist of part 2.

• 4 months later...

Just played and finished the game. I don't think the woman watching the camera during the cutscenes is the wife, I think it's the daughter, Mary.

The girl looks a bit young to be the wife and if you look near the camera during her scenes you'll see a stuffed bunny rabbit. That same, or very similar bunny, is shown in the mall on a shelf after you bring Mei the medicine. And it might be the same stuffed animal Mei gives you to give to your daughter.