Easy Contract Wins

thorgrim77

If you are getting frustrated with the longer races, are continually getting black flagged for bumping other cars or the walls, have the hyper AI drivers ram you into a spin, this is for you.

This only really works where there is a pit stop involved in your race, preferably only one. No matter where you are starting, as soon as the race starts, hold the left trigger and pull off to the side. Eventually you will stop and start driving backwards. A caution will come out and you will move to the back of the pack. Never pit. The race will restart four laps later. Notice that you do not lose much if any fuel. The AI cars do. When it restarts, hold the left trigger again and draw a caution. Do this until at least halfway through the race. You should still be in 43rd place. Start racing for real (sort of) stay behind the other cars it is not necessary to pass anyone. You will have enough fuel to finish the race, but the AI cars will eventually pit. You can pass them all (they may pit in two groups) while they are pitting. If you come upon them, just drive safely and don't worry about lapping them, since they usualy pit with only a lap or two left. If ever you notice that you are all of a sudden in first, or the lead car has gained a lot of spots, start racing for real.

This is also a good method for completing the 100% race and getting the 5,000 miles. I just taped down my left trigger and left the room for around 20 min.

This worked great on the super speedway races when it seemed impossible to pass anyone, let alone 20 cars.

For the driver badges, a quick way to get the "gain 10 or 15 spots" is on Watkins Glen. Do a quick race with the whole field. Keep the right trigger held and pass about 20-40 cars depending on where you started. You can pile into the wall at the end of the straight. You should be in anywhere from 6th to 1st. Exit the race completely and then load it again. Don't restart race or it won't count.

this works greatr but it doesn't work every time, have patience it does work the key is to never pit, NEVER PIT, when it says 1 pit that only means what is will take to make it to the end under normal circumstances, it is not a requirement.

on the DEI contract,

First race only bring out 2 cautions then race.

second race if you do 3 cautions you will run out of gas on last lap, 4 cautions they might start to pit, pick your poison, and hope to get lucky,

third race do 3 caution then race, you shouldn't have any problems

fourth race do 6 cautions and you will be able to make it to the end trust me, you will have about a half gallon of gas left but you will make it

this works greatr but it doesn't work every time, have patience it does work the key is to never pit, NEVER PIT, when it says 1 pit that only means what is will take to make it to the end under normal circumstances, it is not a requirement.

on the DEI contract,

second race if you do 3 cautions you will run out of gas on last lap, 4 cautions they might start to pit, pick your poison, and hope to get lucky,

fourth race do 6 cautions and you will be able to make it to the end trust me, you will have about a half gallon of gas left but you will make it

YES!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
For the watkins glen contract, do 2 cautions then race 4 laps, pit and when you exit the pits bring out a caution, the other cars will pit leaving you in first place with fresh tires., with only 5 laps lefts, and then you just cruise to the finish line.
I tried that. I draw 2 cautions, race till lap 13, pit, come out, draw the caution, and then I'm a lap behind. This is making me want to trade this piece of shit back in. :mad:

You have to make sure that the leader doesn't pass you while you are in the pits. If he does then you will be down a lap. Work your way through the field, try getting into top 20 by lap 13. It worked for me.
Okay, that was probably the issue because I just stayed in back. I wound up doing 2 cautions, AI caused a yellow flag on lap 12, putting me in first. Led the last 10 laps and didn't pit. Had something like 1.3 gallons of fuel left.

Although I haven't tried 3 cautions yet, every time on the 4th caution, I end up in first and am at the back of the pack within a couple laps. If I follow what it says in the "Ultimate Achievement Guide" thread, I drew a caution on lap 26 and ended up down a lap in overtime.

Although I haven't tried 3 cautions yet, every time on the 4th caution, I end up in first and am at the back of the pack within a couple laps. If I follow what it says in the "Ultimate Achievement Guide" thread, I drew a caution on lap 26 and ended up down a lap in overtime.

Do 3 cautions and race...trust me it works....it took me forever. If they get a caution late in the race and you the leader with 2-3 laps to go....just drive defensively. I bumped everyone that tried to pass me to keep the lead. That was the only way i could get it.

Do 3 cautions and race...trust me it works....it took me forever. If they get a caution late in the race and you the leader with 2-3 laps to go....just drive defensively. I bumped everyone that tried to pass me to keep the lead. That was the only way i could get it.
It's funny, after my last post, I did try 3 laps. They didn't pit and I only had 0.6 gallons left with one lap to go...not enough :( I even drew a caution to see if they would pit and only something like 6-7 cars did. I'm surprised you didn't get black flagged for all that bumping LOL.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

on the DEI contract,

I can't get that one to work, any more tips

on the DEI contract,

I can't get that one to work, any more tips

Which one? The last one? You have to draw a yellow flag, and then drive until you hit the "finish line" to bump it up a lap, and then yellow flag again. Do this 6 times and you'll barely squeak by.

• 1 month later...

I'm having some trouble with this one; after the third caution, I was in first place with about ten laps to go. Problem is, I can't hold onto the lead for ten laps, and it appears that all the computer opponents pitted under caution, and not on the final few laps of the race. Advice?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
I'm having some trouble with this one; after the third caution, I was in first place with about ten laps to go. Problem is, I can't hold onto the lead for ten laps, and it appears that all the computer opponents pitted under caution, and not on the final few laps of the race. Advice?

To answer my own problem for any future readers - follow the guide. If you find yourself in first under caution, you need to restart. The key is to pass the AI while they're pitting during the race, not take advantage of their pitting during a yellow flag. BE PATIENT. It's not unheard of to restart a race four or five times to allow this to happen.