Bugs! I love 'em!

Jet1337

Only had the game for a few days and I'm lovin' the bugs! Just now I was on the MG on the back of my truck and for no fucking reason it said I died! I was clearly alive and still on the gun and had health! AWESOME!!!:Bounce:

I also love the lack of a checkpoint system! So when random bullshit like the above happens, I get to redo the 45 fucking minutes I wasted!!!

Wow, I'm on a fucking roll here!

I shot my M-79 and the grenade glitched, fell slowly to the ground, and blew my fucking ass up. Another 30 minutes of bullshit to repeat.

The funny thing is my M-79 was in the best condition and I have all the upgrade for all my weapons. How the fuck did these bugs slip past the testers?!?

This playthrough hasn't glitched up once. My first had a gamebreaking glitch on the boat mission in the south, and my second ripped me of about 4 achievements :/ This one however, seems to be all good, fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So many people has had so many different bugs with this game I'm thinking it's a poorly tested software against the hardware it's running on... and also bad game testing in general... and bad bugfixes... also sloppy save game checks.

So far no glitches for me yet. I'm using two save slots when I play, so hopefully that will save me if anything does occur. I am trying to get the 'all diamonds' achievement though, so if it glitches me out of getting that one, I'm going to be fucking irate!

• 1 month later...

OKay i have a question is a "hard freeze" when ur game freezes and even the console wont respond? because i cant even play this game now without it freezing every 10-15 mins. is there some fix or something because i was almost done with this stupid game. (not doing multiplayer crap)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i dont know if what happened is a bug or not. ok i wanted to try out the morter glitch so i took off the updates. I have 3 saves cuz this game is fun, to me. when i got to the load screen, only one save was ther. when i tried to load the single file it said the file is corrupt and cant be read, even though when i go to memory, then far cry 2, all my saves are there and none of them are damaged or corrupt. BUT!!!!!!!!!!! when i reinstall the updates all my saves are in the load screen and i can load the "corrupted" file that was there before. i did buy the fortunes pack and used the codes for the extra missions, so that might be causing it. PLZ feel free to comment on this and tell if u think its a bug or something else cuz idk

Edited by MonkeyMan9000

• 1 year later...

With games as broken as this the games testers always get blamed. Let me tell you, ALL these bugs get found by the testers, then the producer signs off on them because it's better to sell a broken product than swallow the losses for missing a ship date. These bugs are coded KS. It stands for "Known Shippable".

The best part is, most companies don't even call them "bugs" anymore, because that implies something that is definitely wrong with their product and often they have no intention of fixing it. More usually they are called "concerns", or "issues". Welcome to art as a commodity.

• 1 month later...
With games as broken as this the games testers always get blamed. Let me tell you, ALL these bugs get found by the testers, then the producer signs off on them because it's better to sell a broken product than swallow the losses for missing a ship date. These bugs are coded KS. It stands for "Known Shippable".

The best part is, most companies don't even call them "bugs" anymore, because that implies something that is definitely wrong with their product and often they have no intention of fixing it. More usually they are called "concerns", or "issues". Welcome to art as a commodity.

It's either this or not enough testing, i.e. the testing was conducted at a basic level or not for long enough, hence the save corruption at 50%+ in SP was not picked up before release. Whatever the reason, it is staggeringly poor and the number of bugs in Far Cry 2 mean that I, and no doubt many others, will not go anywhere near Far Cry 3.

And there are no mutants in the game either. What's with that? ;)

• 2 months later...