Prize box glitch

Josh Brown

Does the duplication of prize boxes still work if you delete the patch and play offline? I read somewhere that it was the first patch that caused the glitch to occur but I'm not sure that's right. Anyone know? I have about 600 ribbons to go to get the next one and with only a gold shotgun left to get its unlikely il get it in the first box

As I've said in two other threads...

There's been more than one TU since this game came out...

This glitch is a result of the TU for Call to Arms. It was fixed with Lost Relics. If you clear your cache, it will not work as you will not have the Call to Arms TU, and if you download the TU, it will be the most recent.

The only way to do this still is if you haven't downloaded the Lost Relics TU or DLC yet. When prompted to download, select No and you will be offline. Boost to your hearts content.

This was in the liner notes two weeks ago when they stated what was going to be fixed. Not for nothing, but you should have planned ahead.

So if I delete the DLC might it work? Or is it purely based on the patch? I'm not doubting you but how do you know it was the call of arms patch that caused the glitch? I didn't think a patch would cause a glitch for something that wasn't part of the DLC

NO, deleting the DLC won't work. Was I not clear on this? It's in the patch. The ONLY way to do this glitch is if you haven't downloaded the new TU yet, but have downloaded the Call to Arms TU.

I know it was Call to Arms because it couldn't be done before the Call to Arms TU. Numerous people have stated this in the past month and a half. It's even in the Epic forums, but I'm not going to search for it since I had the foresight to do the glitch before the TU and I just don't feel like it. Google it if you want.

Someone found another way to boost boxes:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=497829

NO, deleting the DLC won't work. Was I not clear on this? It's in the patch. The ONLY way to do this glitch is if you haven't downloaded the new TU yet, but have downloaded the Call to Arms TU.

I know it was Call to Arms because it couldn't be done before the Call to Arms TU. Numerous people have stated this in the past month and a half. It's even in the Epic forums, but I'm not going to search for it since I had the foresight to do the glitch before the TU and I just don't feel like it. Google it if you want.

Someone found another way to boost boxes:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=497829

This is false. My buddy and I did the prize box glitch offline with no patches.