Your favorite character?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite character?

• Trevor
    • Franklin
    • Michael
    • I love them all.
    • I hate them all.

TREVOR for the win. Everything that a GTA protagonist needs, no morals, no sense of been, dark humor and a straight up bad ass who doesn't let anyone get in his way.

Except that he's a closet Hipster ;)

I actually dug a lot of side characters this time. The old couple Trevor deals with is just as oddly deranged as he in their own way and the final Dinapoli mission is a great showing of Trevor's lack of morals.

You know, one character I liked that wasn't part of the "main 3" was Floyd. His facial piercings and lisp cracked me up time and time again. Not to mention when he got covered in shit head to toe.

Edit: Mike's son I found to be pretty funny too. Not all that likeable, but funny.

Edited by Dirty130

Yeah but that kinda gets lost behind all the other points I made lol.

If it wasn't one of the best dialogue pieces in the game, I'd fully agree. That doesn't take away he's a magnificent character. It was very smart for Rockstar to do the 3 Protag approach and use two characters that are very similar to previous characters and a complete new one. Even though due to the choice factor, it's Franklins story about wanting to make "something of himself", they manage to even it out as a 3 part story with each character. Michaels family fall and rise, Franklin trying to leave the thug life for a more successful run and Trevor trying to tie loose ends with Michael and their past. Not overly complicated but still a big set of strings for a project that played out more than acceptably.

I feel, though, this is going to be one of those Lightning Strike games in that we're never going to see something this promising for a while. However, Red Dead's story AND (Marstons) ending, which is probably the best to date, set a new bar for characterization in a R* game and story-telling.

Maybe GTA6 or the next sub-iteration won't be as fulfilling but I think they're onto something with the direction GTAV's campaign went.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Trevor. The stuff he comes out with is pure gold. I used to be mates with someone similar to him, and Everest was an adventure. I did run over a deer with him, and he said "well, you weren't gonna win that one, was ya little fella". I cracked up. I like Michael and Franklin, and as all 3 are different, it gives some diversity.

• 3 weeks later...

In terms of the most entertaining character it is Trevor for me. What he does when you switch to him, what he says and nearly every cut scene he is in is pure comedy gold.

I like Michael but not all the time and Franklin is a little too straight up. Both Trevor and Michael make him look like a boy scout. Well I guess he has to learn from someone, I just wish he would cut loose a bit more and go wild.

All this is in the context of a computer game and that game being GTA. In all the GTA's I have always done chaotic things just to see how far I can make it against the cops after me.

As far as knowing someone like these characters I would rather have a mate like Franklin because Trevor is too out there and you can't trust or rely on Michael.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to go with 'I like them all.'

Each were so well crafted and really sold their personalities.

Michael seems to be the least favorite...but the way he consistently seemed on the verge of mental breakdown due to all of the craziness in his life...and when he lets it loose..it's golden.

Trevor is the fan favorite, no doubt. You sometimes feel he's just a normal guy, and sometimes feel like he's the most vile person alive. You consistently struggle to choose one or the other, and in the end, you get no answer. And that, is why he's a great character.

Franklin is just a guy trying to make it big. The other two have sometime to live up to or to make up for internally, but Franklin? He's just in it for the paper, and amongst the many squabbles there is throughout the monologue of the game, Franklin is always the one there straightening them out and keeping our 'heroes' compact.

Together, they make a fantastic trio and some of the best characters I've personally seen in gaming.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love them all.

Trevor is literally a dickhead. He's always drunk, beating up the NPCs and just an awkward hillbilly.

Michael is a tyranny father and husband. First he was an asshole, but then he changed (almost).

Franklin is a young, lovely dude, who's trying to change his life and get out of the ghetto. :)