What achievement took you the longest to unlock?

CONKER1182

o1. Veteran Gear (Gears of War 2) with no boosting

o2. Treasure Hunter and L'Cie Paragon (Final Fantasy XIII)

o3. Stardust Hunters (Resonance of Fate)

o4. Keeper of the Lions Passant (Assassin's Creed), took me 10 damn hours to find all of the flags in Kingdom alone

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veteran Gear in Gears of War 2. I did it without ever joining a multiplayer match, just played nothing but horde. Took me over a year I believe. It made me loathe the game and I hope they don't put a rank 100 acheivement in Gears 3.

I have a couple of long annoying as hell ones.

1. Pimp Killer in Saints Row. Anyone who's tried for this achievement after the gang servers were shut down will know what an absolute grind it is to get this goddamn thing. I sympathize with anyone going for this achievement.

2. All Adventure Areas Cleared in Galaga Legions. Wow is this game hard. And for this specific achievement you have to survive throughout the whole campaign from start to finish. Hardest arcade game I've played XBLA so far.

3. Retirement Savings Plan from Army Of Two. Wow was this crap a boring grindfest. People never wanted to boost this crap for more than an hour each time which obviously made it take even longer to get. Horrible multiplayer achievement.

4. 7 Day Survivor on Dead Rising. This one is famous enough, and nothing else really needs to be said about it.

5. Aperture Science in Orange Box. This one not only pissed me off because of the achievement itself, but because the freakin Portal Gold challenges reset on me after I had already gotten 14 out of 18 done. Needless to say, it took me twice as long as it should have.

There are other achievements that took me forever like the achievements from Ninety Nine Nights, Dark Sector, The Darkness, and Marvel Vs Capcom 2 but these ones are the ones sticking out in my mind at the moment.

3. Retirement Savings Plan from Army Of Two. Wow was this crap a boring grindfest. People never wanted to boost this crap for more than an hour each time which obviously made it take even longer to get. Horrible multiplayer achievement.

Took 20 hours 25 hours max, not super bad grind. One of the more fun games to boost imo.

For me it was 100 hours in wartech, but I let sit in the menus while I played fallout 3 on my PS3:p

Took 20 hours 25 hours max, not super bad grind. One of the more fun games to boost imo.

For me it was 100 hours in wartech, but I let sit in the menus while I played fallout 3 on my PS3:p

I think the reason why it pissed me off more than others that took longer was because people just wouldn't stick with it. No matter who I tried boosting it with, noone wanted to work it on for more than 2 hours at most. I actually had to resort to boosting sessions on TA to get it completed, which I usually try to avoid. I thought it was the worst achievement in the game, as I have a severe dislike for multiplayer versus achievements.

Solid Gold on Forza 3.

7 months of on and off playing to get this one. Sure, the hired driver trick numbed a bit of the boredom, but still...

Also, No Gods, No Masters from Fallout: New Vegas.

I know this is a story achievement, but I got this after 43 HOURS of playing the game for the first time, getting most of the other achievements in the process. NV is friggin' HUGE.

Ring Leader in Crackdown ... some of those dang rings are soooo frustrating to get through.

Although I still haven't got the Zombie genocide (53,000 zombies) in Left for Dead ... but dropping in every once in a while to blast a few hundred ... will get there eventually.